FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

We’ve had Cameron Ferguson on trial for the last month, 20yo recently released by Newcastle. Well done to our scouting network for finding him! 😃

• Funny 3

He will be highly motivated to get time here.  He might find his dad would be harsh on him to avoid accusations of favouritism. At his height he would offer an alternative to existing strike options especially as Big Harry is probably unlikely to play again this season.

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Dunc’s son of course. 6’5” target man, was on loan at Forfar but struggled to get game time there. 

He struggled to get game time because he was, according to some Forfar fans, one of the worst players they have ever seen and described as a "dumpling" by others. This is a very bizarre move. 

This latest revelation is deeply concerning I sincerely hope I’m wrong but this sort of move looks like we are indeed heading for part time football. 
When you have Forfar fans saying he is possibly the worst player they have ever seen at Station park it’s worrying to say the least. 

Dougal 

• Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 1

Who do we have signed up for next season? The loans will all depart and I know we had a lot of players out of contract this summer, but some of the new signings got two year contracts, as did Billy Mckay when he signed on again.

Anyone know who we have got signed for next season?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Tm4tj, IBM, Robert, Yngwie, Rig, Scotty, Mantis, jagster, caley100, IHE and possibly Dougal :wink:

Which of us are long term injured?

No subs?

1 hour ago, Robert said:

The loans will all depart and I know we had a lot of players out of contract this summer

Think that is the plan. Going forward I suspect we will again see a large number of loans possibly from much bigger clubs who are unlikely to care whether we contribute to salaries so long as we guarantee game time. Financially that model would make sense given where we are?

Reckon it'll be a revolving door every window unfortunately

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Which of us are long term injured?

No subs?

Jagster is injured just now but will be fighting fit for the playoffs if we make fourth!

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, IBM said:

Tm4tj, IBM, Robert, Yngwie, Rig, Scotty, Mantis, jagster, caley100, IHE and possibly Dougal :wink:

Needs more defenders.

• Funny 4

I was just passing time while waiting for my wife at the dentist today but some of us might be needed :ohmy:  Here is what I have and think it's up to date if not let me know,

Squad Mar 24.png

• Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

12 hours ago, IBM said:

Jagster is injured just now but will be fighting fit for the playoffs if we make fourth!

I’ll just play in goals. No running about 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, IBM said:

I was just passing time while waiting for my wife at the dentist today but some of us might be needed :ohmy:  Here is what I have and think it's up to date if not let me know,

Squad Mar 24.png

Some may disagree but other than deals for ridgers or cammy, devine, harper then its keeping the youngsters we have out on  loan. Lots of rebuilding to do

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Think that is the plan. Going forward I suspect we will again see a large number of loans possibly from much bigger clubs who are unlikely to care whether we contribute to salaries so long as we guarantee game time. Financially that model would make sense given where we are?

Reckon it'll be a revolving door every window unfortunately

Personally would much rather we gave our own youth players a chance. Bray and Thompson look good enough to have featured much more this year which would have helped them in future seasons.  I may be wrong but I think Cameron Harper has played every league game this season and has been excellent in my opinion.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

I asked the question about who we had under contract as I was thinking about our cash flow and financial position for when today’s decision was made.

We only have 8 players signed up, 1 of whom (Davidson) clearly doesn’t figure in the plans. Other than Billy Mckay, I doubt any of the 8 are amongst our higher earners.

That means our wage bill will plummet at the end of the season but we’ve a massive job to bring players in.

I suspect that very few, if any, established players will be offered new deals that they are happy to accept.

I hope we sign our youngsters up and are prepared to give them game time.

That apart, as bdu has said above, we will be relying on a large number of loan players and be making some form of contribution to their wages.

That is unless one of the Directors or shareholders pumps a significant amount of money in.

We must stay in the Championship, or income will reduce further, exacerbating the issue.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, CmonTheCaley said:

I heard in the pre match interview for Ayr this weekend the Czech on trial is a forward playing for a English team. Any idea who he could be?

No idea but he is injured at the moment :ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 10:15 AM, RiG said:

He struggled to get game time because he was, according to some Forfar fans, one of the worst players they have ever seen and described as a "dumpling" by others. This is a very bizarre move. 

Cameron Ferguson has signed for Forres, who thanked ICT for making this possible - not exactly sure what we did other than have him on trial for a few weeks.