FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New faces

Alex MacLeod

You united fans really need to get over this  :015:

McLeod even spoke about it on the radio yesterday. The reason he wasn't granted a work permit was because he wasn't in his national team and therefore did not meet the requirements for the work permit. End of story. He wasn't even considered a first team regular by your management team at the time and just because he is now scoring for fun you lot seem to think you've been hard done by  :015:

Not quite true there ken. He was granted a permit when he was brought here in the first place, and wasn't in his national team then so what changed when he applied for an extension, and how come the extension was easily obtained when St Johnston took him? Oh! and I'm not a united fan.

Don't shoot the messenger this is what Murdo McLeod said yesterday on national radio and apparently Scotland was back in the national squad when St Johnstone applied for a work permit. He even said he thought the rules were wrong and should be changed but the panel had no other choice because at the time he didn't fulfil the criteria

Anyway this is going a bit off topic. I doubt we could afford Scotland anyway, if the rumours are true he's heading for the Championship

Latapy has been here forever and a day with no problems.

Latapy probably doesnt need a permit as he has become 'naturalised' ... same would apply to Richard Hastings if he is officially classed as Canadian !!!

jaunjo wasnt in his national team...  the jason scotland business still seems a bit iffy too me.

Juanjo was from Spain though, I believe players only require work permits to play in Scotland if they are from countries outide of the EU.

In determining whether Scotland's permit should be extended, the panel took into account that he was not an exceptional player in relation to his peers within the SPL (their opinion).

In dropping to the SFL, the ability level of his peers reduced and the criteria for determining the extension changed (for example there is a general quota for non-EU players in the SPL but not for the lower leagues).

Would it be fair to suggest that the whole proccess of granting or refusing work permits is a complete and utter beaurocratic nightmare....?  :017:

That sounds about right !!!!

Would it be fair to suggest that the whole proccess of granting or refusing work permits is a complete and utter beaurocratic nightmare....?  :017:

I prefer the paranoid explanation.

Guest kingkojak

jaunjo wasnt in his national team...  the jason scotland business still seems a bit iffy too me.

Juanjo was from Spain though, I believe players only require work permits to play in Scotland if they are from countries outide of the EU.

fair point  :006:

Someone not been mentioned that I think we should be looking at, especially if Dunfermline go down.

Mark Burchill?? 

Similar type player to Dargo with a similar injury history.  Maybe we could get the best out of him?

That's certainly not the worst idea I've heard before, he was once a very good player

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

The rules are insane. Didn't Rangers get blocked from signing Jardel at his peak because the quota of non EU players had been filled (because East Fife had a rake of them  :014:) or something like that.

Although when it comes to Jason Scotland he's nothing special and there's nothing wrong with a bit of protectionism. How would you like it if your job was opened up to everyone in the world? Young Scottish players should always come first.

November 04, 2006, 11:00:44 PM » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I have had the first sniff at the possible moves in the New year window and these are from my usual relable source:

Liviscum  fer McPake..

Alan Morgan to County fer Don Cowie.

A large "subsidised" (?Texan) bid fer Darren Mackie from the Dons and/or Callum Elliot. We apparently bid fer both pre-season.

Where did ya hear it first??   

Yes - where did ya hear it first? 

November 04, 2006, 11:00:44 PM » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A large "subsidised" (?Texan) bid fer Darren Mackie from the Dons and/or Callum Elliot. We apparently bid fer both pre-season.

Elliot has been picked in the last Scotland u20 squad before the World Cup along with Rory McAllister.

Reckon that there may be a swop deal fer McPake. Elliot is still a "loan" deal target and I know that Mackie is being looked at as the potential replacement dependent on whether Dargo goes and the transfer spondoolachs tally. I also hear that Scott Cuthbert is still being pursued.

Someone not been mentioned that I think we should be looking at, especially if Dunfermline go down.

Mark Burchill??   

Similar type player to Dargo with a similar injury history.  Maybe we could get the best out of him?

hes another one thats scored against us