FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where's Robbo today

Duke of Inverness

10 hours ago, caley1 said:

He’ll probably head for Dingwall and go Fuk where am I going .
🚙 **** wrong club 

Agree!!, 

Yesterday’s man and too tarnished by showing he would rather get a purse by commentating at Dingwall knowing it would irk the ICT fans (basically giving them ‘the fing-ir’)!

What that action and image did whilst being the ICT ‘Director of football’ as our team went on defeat-after-defeat won’t be forgotten or forgiven by me!

Know it’s interim and CC is their as a crutch to share any flak if results are poor, however knowing JR previously had to take ‘time-out’ due to pressure, is this a responsible decision by the those that made it? Smacks of self preservation for me!

bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Agree!!, 

Yesterday’s man and too tarnished by showing he would rather get a purse by commentating at Dingwall knowing it would irk the ICT fans (basically giving them ‘the fing-ir)!!

What that action and image did whilst being the ICT ‘Director of football’ as our team went on defeat-after-defeat won’t be forgotten or forgiven by me!

Know it’s interim and CC is their as a crutch to share any flak if results are poor, however knowing JR previously had to take ‘time-out’ due to pressure, is this a responsible decision by the those that made it? Smacks of self preservation for me!

bc

I think the club are missing the point here regards JR the majority of fans also don’t want him at the club as he really wasn’t there even giving his support to a club paying his wages ,whether he liked Dodds or not he was happy picking up his wages and disappearing to anywhere but where the team were no match day  . Could be an interesting weekend 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

2 minutes ago, caley1 said:

... he was happy picking up his wages and disappearing to anywhere but where the team were no match day ....

.... and thus can have no idea how we've been playing and what has been going wrong.  :amazed:

Sure, there are probably videos to study, but that is no substitute for being there, watching and feeling events unfold in real time.

• Agree 2

Putting Robbo in charge, albeit temporarily, is a ludicrous situation and IMHO another slap in the face for the fans. Dodds was always going to be the fall guy. It would not surprise me that they put CC in the hot seat / limelight and Robbo assumes a guidance role. This management team must think we are all so stupid not to see through their Self-Preservation ploys. They will eventually go but they are causing more damage week by week.

• Well Said 3

16 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Putting Robbo in charge, albeit temporarily, is a ludicrous situation and IMHO another slap in the face for the fans. Dodds was always going to be the fall guy. It would not surprise me that they put CC in the hot seat / limelight and Robbo assumes a guidance role. This management team must think we are all so stupid not to see through their Self-Preservation ploys. They will eventually go but they are causing more damage week by week.

But he will be signing his book at half time  if anyone is interested 😂

41 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Completely agree IHE,

Results are everything however and a victory on Saturday will have our fans immediately forget the past angst to allow SG & RM to wipe the sweat from their brows.

To use a WIllie Miller quote from a couple of weeks ago. ‘Fans are fickle but thick! Give them a victory and everything’s fine’

Wish I could say we’re different!

bc

Edited by big cherly

3 hours ago, big cherly said:

Agree!!, 

Yesterday’s man and too tarnished by showing he would rather get a purse by commentating at Dingwall knowing it would irk the ICT fans (basically giving them ‘the fing-ir’)!

bc

JR took time out due to the stress of managing during covid while multiple people were suffering at the club due to long term effects while at the same time dealing with multiple personal impacts. Listen to the podcast about it.

The fact he held it together for so long . Helped get support in to keep the club going in his absence and asked for the time off shows his strength not his weakness. 

• Well Said 1

6 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

JR took time out due to the stress of managing during covid while multiple people were suffering at the club due to long term effects while at the same time dealing with multiple personal impacts. Listen to the podcast about it.

The fact he held it together for so long . Helped get support in to keep the club going in his absence and asked for the time off shows his strength not his weakness. 

The people that employ him have a responsibility to that individual not to expose him to where a recurrence could potentially arise! 
Just hope they don’t have to make that judgment!
bc

54 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

15 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

JR took time out due to the stress of managing during covid while multiple people were suffering at the club due to long term effects while at the same time dealing with multiple personal impacts. Listen to the podcast about it. The fact he held it together for so long . Helped get support in to keep the club going in his absence and asked for the time off shows his strength not his weakness. 

I agree with the sentiment of @IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER. JR is not the solution, and in many eyes, he's our very own Nero rather than Hero. fiddling while Rome burns. However, I have to also say @Moogthurso makes a good point also. When he stepped down, he did so ostensibly because he realised the depth of his personal mental health challenges and sought help to deal with them whilst very much in the public eye. No stigma or pointing fingers for that, nothing but respect. It shows mental strength to admit and deal with your issues in that way, and even to agree to take on the very role that caused the challenges in the first place. Lets not forget that Charlie also stepped away for personal/family reasons from the same role where - it has to be said - he had got some pretty good results. With all due respect to both, hopefully this is a temporary measure until we get the right person in the job, but the change should NOT stop at just the scapegoat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Ross County v Hearts. Saturday job. 

Arbroath v ICT. His employers. 

What a dilemma for him, but shouldn't have been!!!

Anyone know where this wage stealer was today?

He wasn’t in Dingwall, Billy Dodds is first choice there now!

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

No. But if he starts appearing at our games now, people can pull their own conclusions into that.

I am sure he has always been at our home games doing hospitality but I don't know if he ever went to away games in recent years but others might know.

3 hours ago, IBM said:

I am sure he has always been at our home games doing hospitality but I don't know if he ever went to away games in recent years but others might know.

As County are rarely at home when we are, that makes sense.