FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Ayr @ home Mar2024

tm4tj

Terry Butcher was a guest of the club today.  Did I miss something or was he not invited out and introduced to the fans?  I was rather looking forward to giving him a good round of applause as a "thank you" for some of the best and most exciting football we've seen in the 30 year history of the club.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Big trouble now, every point is a prisoner
1. Dundee Utd 29 17 7 5 56 20 58
2. Raith Rovers 29 17 7 5 49 36 58
3. Partick Thistle 29 11 10 8 55 49 43
4. Airdrieonians 28 11 6 11 33 32 39
5. Morton 28 10 7 11 35 33 37
6. Dunfermline 29 9 8 12 33 39 35
7. Ayr United 28 10 5 13 40 51 35
8. Queens Park 29 8 9 12 41 47 33
9. Inverness CT 29 7 10 12 33 34 31
10. Arbroath 28 6 5 17 30 64 23

SATURDAY 23RD MARCH

Arbroath v Partick Thistle

Ayr United v Queen's Park 

Dundee Utd v Cannon Fodder

Morton v Pars Pars   

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Terry Butcher was a guest of the club today.  Did I miss something or was he not invited out and introduced to the fans?  I was rather looking forward to giving him a good round of applause as a "thank you" for some of the best and most exciting football we've seen in the 30 year history of the club.

He was supposed to be there :shrug:Did he turn up or thought better of it. Wise choice if he stayed away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tm4tj said:

He was supposed to be there :shrug:Did he turn up or thought better of it. Wise choice if he stayed away.

He was there today.  A lady with a bucket collecting for cancer today said he gave a nice donation.

• Like 1

Forget Dundee United and Partick away - we need to watch every possible video showing Arbroath, someone should take in their next two games, because we have to stay above them. We desperately need as many defenders fit as possible to try and spend the whole game against them trying not to lose. There is no point having attackers in our team. It seems forbidden.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Can someone explain why a club of this size and fanbase (getting smaller by the week ) need a Chairman and a CEO ? This current CEO has done nothing but disaster after disaster and we all now know the appointment of Ferguson is written all over him 🙄

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

A lovely day for a game of football but the storm clouds are gathering around the stadium.  On the whole, I think the players put a lot of effort in and tried their best, but the sad fact is, that as a group, they just aren't good enough.  Again we started brightly and with a bit more quality could have been 2 up in the first 15 minutes.  Ayr were no great shakes, but once they settled into the game, we rarely found any space where it mattered.  

There are times when we pass the ball neatly in midfield and keep possession, but when we get into the final third and and are put under more pressure, we either lose the ball or pass it back.  We create very little.  It is clear that Fergusson has his preferred way of playing and he ain't going to change it.  He wants us to play out from the back and through the park.  It's brilliant to watch when Manchester City do it, but with all due respect to our lads, they don't have the vision or skill to do it.  Time and time again we start to play out from the back and are just too slow to make progress, we allow the opposition to regroup and organise their defence and we can't find a way through.  It's just boring.

Since we have no wingers in that Shaw and Longstaff are out, maybe it's time [if he's actually fit] to give Austin Samuels a run out wide, a couple of seasons back, he and McKay had a purple patch, where they looked dangerous together. This time run Billy probably needs to sit deeper so that Alex Samuel can lead the line. I'm hoping Boyes is fully fit too as he strikes me as someone who could play out from the back.

We do seem to suffer from a lot of injuries, what happened to McAllister, he scored two game ago, then is out injured. MacGregor suffering another set back. I still think we should recall Keith Bray from loan if we can.

I am flying up for the Dundee United match next week, which could be interesting given their shock [?] defeat to Dunfermline. It's an away match which might be in our favour

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, lightlamp2 said:

He was there in the directors box. Along with Jamie Carragher.

Both Terry Butcher & Richard Gough were guests today. They are both doing a Rangers related gig run by SG at the Drimossie Hotel tonight. 

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

This was the first home game I’ve missed (league, cups and the Elgin friendly) due to a family commitment.

It sounds like we’ve reached another low point.

I’ve seen reports of heavy handed stewarding in the North Stand if anyone criticised the Board or CEO. If true, that is shocking and a lower point than the result and our league position.

Fans pay to attend are entitled to voice their opinions.

Now, more than ever, the club and players need our support. Whoever (Gardiner?) instructed the stewards got it woefully wrong today and drove another nail in to the coffin that is surely being made for the club we know and love.

A sad day. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, STFU said:

And it's an event being run by our CEO.

Would be handy if he focused on keeping the club away from deaths door as opposed to catering the Blue Poond freakazoids who never turn up unless Rainjurz are in town

• Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, STFU said:

Staunch Gardiner. Surprised he didn't give them an honour guard and a parade at half time with a flute band. 

• Funny 1

30 minutes ago, STFU said:

Is he involved in ‘The Longest Forty Production Co’ that seems to have organised this event? A quick it of googling suggests it is run by a John Brown, who is not Bomber Brown, as far as I can see.

45 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Is he involved in ‘The Longest Forty Production Co’ that seems to have organised this event? A quick it of googling suggests it is run by a John Brown, who is not Bomber Brown, as far as I can see.

Yes that’s his business partner and his wife is also involved in the running of it.

He’s still involved but not named as a director anymore 

• Agree 3
  • Sad 1

Ta, that explains why I couldn’t find his name associated with it.

In the interests of balance, this company does events relating to numerous clubs, eg recently did something with Charlie Mulgrew, and their forthcoming evening with Paddy McCourt certainly isn't going to attract many Rangers fans.

27 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Ta, that explains why I couldn’t find his name associated with it.

In the interests of balance, this company does events relating to numerous clubs, eg recently did something with Charlie Mulgrew, and their forthcoming evening with Paddy McCourt certainly isn't going to attract many Rangers fans.

Butcher has a strong connection to the club. Who invited Richard Gough?

• Thoughtful 1

4 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Probably because he was there as a double act with the other ICT legend, Richard Gough. 🤷

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, Fraz said:

Staunch Gardiner. Surprised he didn't give them an honour guard and a parade at half time with a flute band. 

From what I’m heard in the pub last night the next Apprentice Boys of Derry march in Sneck could well be starting from the Dump’s car park.

Anyway how was your night in the Drummossie you rough this morning ? 🇬🇧

Dougal

• Funny 1

That had to be the most torturous 90 minutes ever yesterday. Thank f*** Ayr where more concerned on going down and time wasting or it could have 4 or 5. 

After being gifted a way back into the match we still couldn't kick on and the lack of desire or effort to win the game is scandalous. Where is Ferguson's much celebrated will to win, I see no evidence.

• Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1

3 hours ago, dougal said:

From what I’m heard in the pub last night the next Apprentice Boys of Derry march in Sneck could well be starting from the Dump’s car park.

Anyway how was your night in the Drummossie you rough this morning ? 🇬🇧

Dougal

Nope, had to get up early to take my dad to mass. 

• Well Said 3
  • Funny 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic