Morrison Resigns

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic
Posted (edited)

Ross was very well-intentioned and deep-pocketed, but he delegated and deferred, when action was needed, until it got so bad that I'm sure all the enjoyment (and spare change) had gone.  Sliding doors with a different CEO sadly.

Seven key ICT staff resigned in early 2019 protest of the previous CEO's behaviour (Yvonne Crook).  The answer to all that?  Scot Gardiner!  To be fair to Ross, those hirings were under Graham Rae's 'stewardship', but was on the board and the rancour continued after he departed.

Whatever happens next - the board have a simple choice.  To do what is easy, or do what is right.  To drop the partisan stuff and choose real sustainability and community - at the best level of football that allows, or keep gambling scarce resources on the short-term 'Premiership-at-all-costs' approach through two people who have no discernible ability, or particular affinity to ICT, and who treat clubs like bon-bons.  Time will tell.

Edited by Achfary
  • Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

3 hours ago, Achfary said:

To drop the partisan stuff and choose real sustainability and community - at the best level of football that allows,

100% agree, and today the (majority of) fans want and understand the need for that, however this has been said before and met with negativity from plenty. Too many hark back to the 'glory' days of cup finals, premiership football and Europe citing that it was done before with journeymen players so why cant we do that again (repeatedly) and this for many remains the bar of expectation. There is limited realism within areas of the fanbase and its pounced upon if there is the slightest suggestion that a) the people of Inverness in the majority do not care, so lets stop looking at us being a big city and assuming we 'deserve' to have a top level club on that sole basis & b) that our fanbase, footfall and income all aligns with low end Championship or League One (now we are there lets see how long before dissent comes that we are not progressing enough)

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

The club is on its knees and surely administration is likely. If The club survives 🙏 surely it’s now time to start playing the local talent with a core of good experienced players around them and let us the fans get behind them. Surely Duncan Ferguson does the right thing and walks. Hopefully the club can get a feel good factor back and engage with the fan base. As soon as Gardiner leaves I’ll be buying a season ticket. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, LisleRightPeg said:

The club is on its knees and surely administration is likely. If The club survives 🙏 surely it’s now time to start playing the local talent with a core of good experienced players around them and let us the fans get behind them. Surely Duncan Ferguson does the right thing and walks. Hopefully the club can get a feel good factor back and engage with the fan base. As soon as Gardiner leaves I’ll be buying a season ticket. 

My thoughts exactly. Gardiner is the problem. Always has been. He treats fans with contempt. He has failed so many times that I have lost count, and yet he is still there. In the real world, the levels of incompetence shown by Gardiner would have had him out the door a long time ago. Hopefully, now his little orange buddy has gone he will follow suit. Dunc took a paycut, and who knows he might come good at a lower level, he wasn't a million miles away in the championship given that Dodds gave those around us an 8 game head start. Maybe a season in League 1, a weak looking League 1 at that, might be just what we need to regroup and rebuild. Hit the Championship running the season after, same thing again build and consolidate. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I note from  Companies House that Morrison has resigned as a Director as well as Chairman.  

This has clearly been posted promptly and electronically.  That rules out any chance of the accounts having been lost in the post.  

• Thank You 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ClickbaitProponent said:

My thoughts exactly. Gardiner is the problem. Always has been. He treats fans with contempt. He has failed so many times that I have lost count, and yet he is still there. In the real world, the levels of incompetence shown by Gardiner would have had him out the door a long time ago. Hopefully, now his little orange buddy has gone he will follow suit. Dunc took a paycut, and who knows he might come good at a lower level, he wasn't a million miles away in the championship given that Dodds gave those around us an 8 game head start. Maybe a season in League 1, a weak looking League 1 at that, might be just what we need to regroup and rebuild. Hit the Championship running the season after, same thing again build and consolidate. 

Gardener is already in the departure lounge. He knows his time is up, it’s just a matter of when!!

He will have (some weeks now I expect),  contacted his lawyers to see his contract is watertight to squeeze every penny he can from what is left from the club. It’s his common base self-interest line and always will be. 
So I expect what is left of the Board have told him his time is up and to look for a safe exit route without damaging what’s left of the club and their reputation. 
I expect unless he gets his considered pay off fee he’ll get the lawyers involved to drag it out! 
I hope the remaining board members have started knocking on doors for both chairman and CEO replacements, (take the time and get it right for once in a decade), as the next step will dictate what we do for the next five or so years imho. Administration may or may not be the route we’re on, but it shouldn’t prevent those key players with the clubs interest and future at heart to look at each scenario. A reset with the fans would be a simple and welcome first step. 

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

2 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I note from  Companies House that Morrison has resigned as a Director as well as Chairman.  

This has clearly been posted promptly and electronically.  That rules out any chance of the accounts having been lost in the post.  

Worth adding that 30 May was his last day as a director, which was last Thursday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Achfary said:

Seven key ICT staff resigned in early 2019 protest of the previous CEO's behaviour (Yvonne Crook).  The answer to all that?  Scot Gardiner!  To be fair to Ross, those hirings were under Graham Rae's 'stewardship', but was on the board and the rancour continued after he departed.

Does not surprise me in the slightest after my own personal experience with that woman. Lots of stories to tell on that one as I am sure there are on the current incumbent. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Worth adding that 30 May was his last day as a director, which was last Thursday.

Thanks.  I missed that!  So why wait until last night for an emergency Board meeting?  Makes the lack of any statement from the club even more inexcusable. 

• Like 1

I think he was going straight into a board meeting after the pod interview. Possibly happened at that meeting and was then formalised next day?

• Like 2

If ICT go into admin, and Ross Morrison is still on the board (in whatever capacity), does that affect his status as a secured creditor? 

i.e. is he better placed to get his ££ back as a secured creditor than he would be as a director of a business in administration? 

During the podcast interview he said he wouldn’t leave the board but would happily resign as Chairman.

11 minutes ago, Bridge_Ender said:

If ICT go into admin, and Ross Morrison is still on the board (in whatever capacity), does that affect his status as a secured creditor? 

i.e. is he better placed to get his ££ back as a secured creditor than he would be as a director of a business in administration? 

During the podcast interview he said he wouldn’t leave the board but would happily resign as Chairman.

He is a secured creditor regardless of status as a director. The only difference is that he is in a worse position now, as he cannot influence board decisions that might impact repayment of his loan.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bridge_Ender said:

He has resigned from the Board.  I have no idea how that would affect his creditor status.

Regardless of his status as a Director - which he now is not - he has potentially significant influence on recovering his loans if he chooses. See 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC149117/charges/DljGLHzD5t8CShNFIq_PJIMeTFE

Brief description

Floating charge over all its property, undertaking, assets (including uncalled capital) and rights owned now or in the future.
Contains floating charge.
Floating charge covers all the property or undertaking of the company.
Contains negative pledge.

Those of a legal disposition can read a 7 page PDF. He set this up on 21st December 2023 I would imagine suggesting some anxiety quite recently to protect his asset. Why else would you do this after many years at the helm?

The Bank of Scotland have an interest too. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 1:30 PM, Yngwie said:

Alarm bells are ringing. There has been talk of land being sold to Morrison and someone else? Any guesses who that might be? I have a strong feeling I know who. It all stinks of the same thing that happened to Worcester Warriors rugby club. A pair of cowboys got themselves onto the board and got into prime positions e.g. Chair & CEO then proceeded to sell club land to themselves for "business development to benefit the club in the long term" and then proceeded to run the club into the ground until the administrators were called in and the club was wound up. They then walked away with some nice parcels of land bought for cheap and as the club had been wound up - no come back. That is what this stinks of. We have been swindled folks by people pretending to put the club first just to fill their pockets and f*&k off. I will put any money on that is what has happened!

1 hour ago, ClickbaitProponent said:

We have been swindled folks by people pretending to put the club first just to fill their pockets and f*&k off. I will put any money on that is what has happened!

Nah, it’s not the same, so I’ll take your bet. Morrison is an ICT fan who has been there for about 6 years and is £1.5m out of pocket, he cannot be accused of asset stripping. He is no longer in charge either. If assets are now being sold it’s to save the club. It may well be a bit of a fire sale to generate funds quickly but I’m sure anybody including yourself would be very welcome to put in a bid.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Nah, it’s not the same, so I’ll take your bet. Morrison is an ICT fan who has been there for about 6 years and is £1.5m out of pocket, he cannot be accused of asset stripping. He is no longer in charge either. If assets are now being sold it’s to save the club. It may well be a bit of a fire sale to generate funds quickly but I’m sure anybody including yourself would be very welcome to put in a bid.

I am concerned by the charge he holds on club assets. Time will tell if he turns out the ultimate villan. At the very least they've gambled and lost on the clubs future. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1