FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rankin's thoughts

He took some time to settle as CC appeared to try and find his favoured position and even now he seems to play in numerous different positions which sometimes makes me wonder if we know best to play him. But what cannot be argued is that despite this sticky start and constant movement around the pitch is that he has settled well and has scored some excellent goals (Rangers and Falkirk being the obvious ones). He has shown good passing ability and will be a key part of our team in seasons to come. I wonder if we will see a midfield next season along the lines of:

Wilson (Cowie) Black Rankin Marcus

The good thing is that while we have a good number of midfielders most can easily adapt to play elsewhere should injuries take hold. Always a handy asset.

Guest sophia

Hey RIG, that's a bit more reasoned than your infamous "U U" quote.

Just to put it to rest for good, which of your two statements are you now standing by?

Hey RIG, that's a bit more reasoned than your infamous "U U" quote.

Just to put it to rest for good, which of your two statements are you now standing by?

I stand by them both.

He was in the Courier last week posing topless on a catwalk with a waxed chest. What was all that about?  :029:

Nice!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sophia

RIG,

Why do you think we paid "silly money" for JR and what do you think would have been a reasonable sum?

How much per place in the SPL?

Duncan has more than merited his place in the first team and deserves to keep it IMO, I also think Rankin is at his best coming from the left wing and drifting inside.  Black benefits from having Duncan covering for him and gives him more of a licence to go forward, if anything Black needs to add goals (and discipline) to his game for next season.  I don't expect Wilson to play as many games as he has this season and it is down to Christie whether he prefers Hart or Cowie on the right wing.

My first team midfield at the moment would have to be:

Duncan

Wilson    Black    Rankin

Guest sophia

RIG,

How many points did JR earn us with some spectacular strikes?

Does £40,000 + additional few £1,000 = silly?

Guest sophia

But you posted yesterday that we paid "silly money" for him.

Would you clarify what you mean by this or is it utterly useless for me to ask?

Blimey, looks like TM4TJ is correct - tracking my postings on other forums now? :confused02:

Shame you didn't pay closer scrutiny to my post to decipher it's meaning though I would have thought the smiley at the end might have lent a clue.

But I won't spoil your fun in bearing yet another chip on your shoulder.

Guest sophia

Come on, the smiley surely refers to the fact that St Mirren couldn't afford JR!

Please refrain from your "chip on your shoulder" barb, it could be construed as personal abuse which does not go down well with those running this site.

Don't go getting the idea that I go looking for your comments but you should understand that when you put controversial remarks into the public domain that you are inviting debate.

You really should not take mere parley personally.

Life would be dull on here if you were left with a friends reunited love in.

Anyway, on with the show.

How, given the effect his goals have had on our season, was the money invested in north football for JR silly money?

If you don't want to come back with a straight answer perhaps we should just accept that you may have a quality control problem. This would be completely understandable, given the numerosity of your contributions.

Come on, the smiley surely refers to the fact that St Mirren couldn't afford JR!

Well done!

Please refrain from your "chip on your shoulder" barb, it could be construed as personal abuse which does not go down well with those running this site.

Grasping at straws here somewhat methinks. You do appear to have a very big chip on your shoulder. Almost all of your posts have been concerning comments I made about Rankin. You seem unable to let some of my points go despite being given perfectly good explanations for them. Indeed I have praised the player on several occasions yet this doesn't appear to be enough for you and you persist in bringing the same issues up time and time again. If what I have posted doesn't meet your approval then that really isn't my problem.

Don't go getting the idea that I go looking for your comments but you should understand that when you put controversial remarks into the public domain that you are inviting debate.

I don't see what was controversial about it or are you talking in general? You seem to have figured out why I posted that with the very first part of your post here.

You really should not take mere parley personally.

Life would be dull on here if you were left with a friends reunited love in.

Of course it would be. But you aren't going to convince everyone to come round to the same opinion as yourself no matter how hard you try. Differences of opinions are going to be rife on message boards yet you seem very keen on picking up on some opinions people have when they don't match your own and have difficulty accepting that people don't see things the way you do. As with other parts of your post this first sentence here is quite ironic.

Anyway, on with the show.

How, given the effect his goals have had on our season, was the money invested in north football for JR silly money?

If you don't want to come back with a straight answer perhaps we should just accept that you may have a quality control problem. This would be completely understandable, given the numerosity of your contributions.

Somewhat ironic this part. Given that you go on about personal abuse, allegedly, coming your way yet you seem happy to slate other posters for their contributions? A tad hypocritical.

For what it's worth I think Rankins goals have gone some way to paying off his hefty transfer fee. Not all of the way. But certainly some of the way. And he could easily have his own Goal of the Season competition with some of his offerings. I look forward to more of the same next season.

As you even admit yourself, this site isn't going to be some kind of huge love in. Not everyone will agree with each other. Shame that you can't accept this when it comes to opinions on John Rankin.