FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kirin Cup 2006

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was hoping to get to these games, as it would be a rare chance to see some Caley players in action (rather than listening to the delights of Sportsound, or waiting for two weeks holiday at home over New Year). But work has just moved me to Saturday shifts. Grrrrrr. Feel a sickie coming on...

Guest chook

any ideas where the saitama stadium is in saitama. Which line?

I'm up for going nude as the news, tho i work on sat too, but finish at 6. might give me enough time to get out there. do you know if i have to buy tickets before?

if you fancy pulling a sicky then lets hook up.

It looks slightly bigger than TCS:

Oazamnakanoda-Chinai, Urawa-shi / Saitama-Ken

Capacity:

Parking:

Access:

Located 9 km from the centre of Urawa City / 50 min. by train (Saitama Railway) from JR Tokyo Station to Urawa Misono Station / From Urawa Misono Station to the Stadium, approx. 15 min. Walk.

Stadium Guide

I'm up for going nude as the news, tho i work on sat too, but finish at 6. might give me enough time to get out there. do you know if i have to buy tickets before?

Hi Chook. Tried to get tickets today, at Lawson and Pia, but it's totally sold out. Even the 9,000yen tickets and all away seats! Time to use any Japanese connections you might have...

Guest chook

totally sold out???

that's a shocker, who'dve thought that japan v scotland in the world cup final stadium would be sold out.

shiutter.

Smith has called up Manchester United's Darren Fletcher, who has made a quick recovery from a knee injury, and Everton reserve keeper Iain Turner.

What does Broonie have to do. The Everton reserve keeper - if it wasn't a slap in the face being missed out the first time - then what must he think now. What is Walter Smith thinking about.

The above if from then bbc site

First Game:

JAPAN 1 BULGARIA 2

Bulgaria's footballers beat Japan 2-1 in a match of the Kirin Cup, played Tuesday in Osaka.

The guests led 1-0 in the first minute with a goal by Svetoslav Todorov. An equalizer by Seiichiro Maki came in the 76th minute, but Bulgaria regained its lead on 90 minutes.

CSKA Sofia's young star Hristo Yanev scored the decisive second goal for Bulgaria.

1304 BST: The final whistle goes on a remarkable scoreline in Kobe - Scotland 5-1 Bulgaria. Who needs the World Cup when you've got thrashings like this in the Kirin Cup?

1248 BST: GOAL Scotland 5-1 Bulgaria

Chris Burke spreads icing all over the cake with his second and Scotland's fifth in what is now a thrashing. That's two goals on debut for both Burke and Boyd. The Tartan Army would be struck dumb if they weren't so busy singing their lungs out.

1248 BST: GOAL Scotland 4-1 Bulgaria

Chris Burke sends the Tartan Army into ecstacy with a gorgeous finish - lobbing a volley delicately over the goalkeeper. This is now one of the best Scottish performances in recent memory. Could there be even more to follow?

1240 BST: GOAL Scotland 3-1 Bulgaria

McFadden has done it this time - stretching at the near post to flick Teale's cross past Kolev. It's a great strike and which puts Walter Smith's side in control. Scotland are playing excellent passing football and the scoreline in no way flatters them.

1159 BST: GOAL Scotland 2-1 Bulgaria

Kris Boyd is in dreamland after his second goal on his first ever international game. It's not the hardest chance in the world - a tap-in from three yards after the goalkeeper parries - but it's enough to give Scotland back the lead.

1141 BST: GOAL Scotland 1-1 Bulgaria

Yordan Todarov brings Bulgaria level with a neat finish from fellow striker Todorov's lay-off. Scotland appeal for offside but the goal stands.

1128 BST: GOAL Scotland 1-0 Bulgaria

Kris Boyd seizes his first chance in international football with alacrity to put Scotland ahead with an excellent finish. Darren Fletcher put him through on the right hand side of the box and the debutant clipped it over goalkeeper Kolev.