FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Positives

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Lets have a thread about the positives:

Tokely appears to have improved and the arrival of Proctor may have been the catalyst.

McGuire actually looks like a handy addition.

We have unearthed an unlikely beauty playing McBain at left back.

Cowie looks like being the best signing in years.

Duncan and Black appear to have got their act together.

Brew is the extra player we needed.

Donald Park now thankfully appears to be staying the course.

The Romanian media have been pacified.

better stickie this one .... a positive thread on CTO, some people will be shocked.  :015:

IHE - agree wholeheartedly, especially about Don Cowie who has settled in far quicker than his former RC colleague did last year.

I'd add team attitude to the list of positives.

At the start of the season things weren't going well and the teams heads were down.  No doubt in my mind that this was being reflected in the performance on the pitch.  At the Hibs game we saw the players out there with heads held high, giving their all.  Even though the result didn't go our way, they knew they had put on a show and given Hibs a run for their money.  That positive outlook rubbed off on the fans who stayed at the end to clap the team of the pitch and the players acknowledged that by giving us a clap instead of just running away down the tunnel to hide.

Regardless of whatever else Brewster may bring as a manager, that kind of attitude will, in itself, put points on the board before the season is out.

Cowie has been very impressive. A real box to box midfielder and seems to have a good shot on him as well. Indeed, I see that JR was on the bench at the weekend. Could Cowies good form be a reason for JR not getting into the team? We do have a plethora of midfielders at the club of course.

What happened to this thread? Too many Moderators probably...

Well after a hugely enjoyable visit to the old country where I watched ICT ship 6 goals in 2 games and saw nowt in the opposition direction I want to reiterate my comment on the 'Celtic v' thread...this is a good TEAM that will come good in time.

You may well say 'thank god for Gretna' (I know did) but there is a strength and technique in the performances that, I confess, surprised me.

A taskmaster like Brewster is EXACTLY the leader we need at this time. I've no worries. It may even get worse, but believe, IT WILL GET BETTER.

Ho hum, back to the spicy chickens' feet!