FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- FALKIRK : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Great game and result.  You get the impression the players cant wait for the next game, their really buzzing and all looking for the ball.  :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:       No "Bouncy Bouncy" today though :crazy07: :crazy07: :crazy07:

On a negative note, we need to tighten up in the second half to prevent giving away hard earned leads. Having said that 2,3,4 in 8 days is fantastic scoring from a team who had stopped scoring. Dennis is still smiling. These guys will be working friggin hard this week in training.

There is a sense of getting back to normal but Brew has a lot of fitness work still to do. Thought Roy was very good today but Richard may get his place back next week which will be particularly hard on Roy who has adapted brilliantly.

Once again Latapy was class. Once again our boys wore down the opposition.

I eagerly await IHE's brief synopsis of this game. :33:       :getmecoat:         :sillywave:

It will be brief as he only seen about 15 mins cause it looked like he got thrown out

Barry looked a yard off the pace this afternoon and I'd have liked to see Morgan on at half time; Blackie's passing was poor in the first half; could Fraser have done better with Arfield's volley? (the commentators thought not).

Anyway, sod that, what a brilliant afternoon  :021: Should have been 6-1, superb performances almost all round, well worth the win. Can't agree with Brew's post-match comment about our heads not going down when Falkirk scored their first - we definitely went flat for a few minutes - but the belief and confidence came flooding back, something which we've struggled with in recent times after conceding. The best I could do was pick a team of the match. Onward and upward  :003:

A very good team performance today  :021:

The goals we conceded were due to sloppy defending but in the end that didn't matter

I don't think anyone had a bad game but there were some immense individual displays with Cowie & Duncan the pick of the bunch  :clapping03:

Killie are struggling so there couldn't be a better time to be playing them

Here's hoping for 4 in a row  :003:

Just put up my Match Report Clicky Clicky

So many positives from todays performance that it's a certainty that I'll have missed stuff.

Thought we were giving them a little too much space at times, but that may have been a result of the fact that they weren't really threatening us so we could afford to stand off a little and play our game instead of chasing theirs.

As I said in the report, we looked like a team who were out there with something to prove and we proved it in style.  Would have been easy for us to have just shut up shop at 4-2, but the team were far to hungry for them to do that.

I don't think we had a player on the pitch today who didn't have a shot at goal at some point or other and the fact that our goals are coming from everywhere will serve us well throughout the season.

Niculae has now proved he's here to play his part IMO, even of he doesn't score double figures this season his contributin in setting up others will pay dividends.

Guest samuelbarros

The goals we conceded were due to sloppy defending but in the end that didn't matter

I don't think anyone had a bad game but there were some immense individual displays with Cowie & Duncan the pick of the bunch  :clapping03:

I think the goals we conceded were  -

for goal 1) bad luck

for goal 2) tremendous kick

Falkirk are a decent team yet ICT could have scored 7 or 8 today.  Loads to be positive about in an attacking sense. Defensively, room for improvement but when Hastings came on as Brew decided to hold on to 4-2, we were defensively sound.

It was great to see the side-backs, Tokely and McBain, make such a contribution in an attacking sense. There was always the risk of getting picked off on the counter-attack but the risk was out-weighed by the possibility of scoring goals every time we went forward.

Niculae looked his usual lazy self yet had 2 assists, plenty of decent moments with the ball at his feet and plent of good flicks-ons with his head. I can't he's doing enough to merit his inflated wages (in comparison with what the rest of the team contributed today), but he had a good match today.

Every player gets pass-marks and even Brew's tactics (eventually deciding to protect the 4-2 with the late substitutions) were satisfactory.

I think the goals we conceded were  -

for goal 1) bad luck

for goal 2) tremendous kick

1) Stupid free kick conceded and then Milne given a free run on goal

2) Woeful attempts to clear the ball by the defence and then a very well taken strike

No harm done as the team responded well and quickly regained the advantage

Yes, excellent result today - and could have been a complete rout.

Best thing for me was the showboating with all the fancy touches - the best exponents of which were Marius, Barrius, Denzil, Cowie and even big Rosscoe had a go.

A very good performance, agree with most of the comments here. But yet another OG (almost half of the goals we've conceded this season have been OGs or needless penalties!) and some more awful distribution from Fraser. He really needs to work on his kicking. Malkowski can't be far away from getting the jersey.

That apart, McGuire and Munro were solid and commanding - McBain and Tokely made amazing lung busting runs up the park throughout - even in injury time! (I've never seen McBain outpace anyone like he did today - even when he was a youngster at County!) Bazza looked like he'd turned back the clock, Cowie was always 3 steps ahead of his opponent. Blackie got on the scoresheet and didn't get booked, Duncan scored a screamer and worked his socks off, Wyness looked better than ever, and Niculae got stuck in. 

Missed the show last night due to an unfortunate convergence of Windows Vista and China Telecom...however, Broadbandman has just visited and he looked at me funny when I started whooping at Soccerbase Results!

Well done all the team - some very encouraging onfield reports going about this morning. :021:

I fully agree it was an excellent performance today by the whole team , a very good game to watch.In my  opinion there is one man to thank ,and that is Brewster .The change in the short time since he came back is very obvious, even though he did not play  he was constantly giving instructions to the boys from the sideline We have very good players and Brew has the ability to get the best from them . Don Cowie is special lets hope he wants to stay with us .

The most entertaining game I've seen since the days of Steve Paterson. The most notable feature was the confidence flowing throughout the side ith no player trying to hide as has too often been the case in recent weeks.

When's the last time Denzil scored in three consecutive matches ?

But yet another OG (almost half of the goals we've conceded this season have been OGs or needless penalties!)

Falkirk's goals came from Arfield and Milne ... when did we sign them ?

ICT 0-3 Rangers          (0 og / 0 pen)

Well 2-1 ICT                (0 og / 1 pen)

St Mirren 2-1 ICT        (0 og / 0 pen)

ICT 0-3 Dundee Utd    (0 og / 2 pens)

ICT 3-1 Arbroath        (0 og / 0 pen)

Hibs 1-0 ICT                (0 og / 1 pen)

Celtic 5-0 ICT              (1 og / 0 pen)

ICT 2-1 Hearts            (1 og / 0 pen)

ICT 3-0 Gretna            (0 og / 0 pen)

ICT 4-2 Falkirk            (0 og / 0 pen)

So out of 20 goals scored against us this season - 4 have been from penalties and 2 have been own goals, Dont think that constitutes "half" or even "nearly half"

But yet another OG (almost half of the goals we've conceded this season have been OGs or needless penalties!)

Falkirk's goals came from Arfield and Milne ... when did we sign them ?

I think what happened was it looked like it might have been Rossco who put it in.

Played excellently against Falkirk and the most entertaining game of football i have ever seen from ICT. Bit sloppy at times in patches after the Falkirk goals and for some spells in the 2nd half but that cant go against anything the guys put in over the course of the 90 minutes.

We looked a real class act at times with the neat passes, nice wee flicks and touches and Ian Black scoring a goal that Lionel Messi would have been proud of, and at times I was even surprised we played that good.

We have far more potential than we would like to think and without putting pressure on the guys, If we don't finish in the top 6 this season it will be a shock going on that games evidence.

I hope Roman Abramovich wasn't watching, He'll be after Brewster to replace Avram Grant :sillywave:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Milnes 'goal' was slotted into the net by McGuire. They gave the goal to Milne over the tannoy to save the home player embarresment. This has always been standard practice at TCS.

So that's 7 out of ten. I think Donattis goal at Celtic park also deflected off an ICT player on the way, but OG vs deflection is always contentious.

Even if we have ONLY conceded 7 goals   :017: from OG's and carelessly conceded penalties - it's still quite a lot don't you think?