FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SFA Youth Cup

L_G

2-1 win after extra time.

Dundee went ahead mid way through the first half. Colin Williamson equalised with a header from a corner kick seconds before the half time whistle. Caley winner came in the second period of extra time when Shane Sutherland was brought down in the box for a penalty, Martin Jack stepped up to take it and had his attempt saved but the rebound ball broke kindly and he fired home from 3 yards. Not a classic by any means but our lads looked the fitter and came through to book a place in the next round.

very disappointing turn-out from fans.  Maybe the sweetie rustlers were all at remembrance day parades but where were the lads parents and families.

BTW, it was effin freezin.

I had planned to pop down, but my children's social life interfered with mine yet again.  :015: :015:

To be fair, it wasn't very well advertised, but the friends and families of the players would have been well aware, so you make a good point.  Any sign of any first team players showing their support?

4th ROUND DRAW

St Johnstone v Aberdeen

Gretna v Heart of Midlothian

Whitehill Welfare v Rangers

Hibernian v Cowdenbeath

Livingston v Raith Rovers

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Dundee United

Hamilton Academical v Dalbeattie Star

Celtic v Motherwell

Ties to be played on Sunday 9 December 2007

reckon there was about 100 there, no sign of any first team or kent faces(apart fae Grassa),although they may have beeen hiding in the boxes with the chosen few who got to keep warm.Large away support (7) and no segregation or stewards,guess what?, we all managed to behave(although the ref had to have a word with coach Gordon Wallace!) and no arrests!   :cold02:

ICT probly deserved it over the piece as extra time seemed to tell on our young lads,but last minute penalty in extra time was a cruel way to go out,good luck to the ICT boys against Yenitit,mebbes go along with my ICT hat on for that ane.

Well done, Youth Team, after extra time too.

I would have been there but was away South on family duties (attending an 8 year old's birthday party and, by the texts, I had a better time than at the game on Saturday!).  However, I will be there for the next Youth Cup game, with the colours, rattle, etc and will make my presence known! just as I do at the Reserves games! 

Will you be joining me, Mee? and supporting the boys?

Note:  I have a Christmas Party night, on the 8th, so I may not be feeling too well the next day, so be kind to me, please, and make it a nice win.