FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic Cup Agreed

RiG

Confusing that title...

I wish they would spell celtic (as in culture) with a K...

Either that or spell Celtic FC wth an S

Well since it is only the uneducated supporters of the Irish team who pronounce the word with an "S" sound at the start then it should be the name of the football team which should have the spelling changed.

Confusing that title...

I wish they would spell celtic (as in culture) with a K...

Either that or spell Celtic FC wth an S

Well since it is only the uneducated supporters of the Irish team who pronounce the word with an "S" sound at the start then it should be the name of the football team which should have the spelling changed.

Good point, Birdog, but generally speaking words beginning with ce are pronounced with an S sound... centre, centigrade, celebrate, etc..

Celtic, as in the culture is the only one pronounced with a K sound so it's easy to see how confusion arises..

I've never been a Seltic supporter, but every time I see the word Celtic - I think of the football team first, rather than the culture...

Does anyone else suffer from this affliction?

:024:

i think it could work but i'm not as excited about it as i would have been if england were in it

If it is successful you can bet the the English FA will want their cut.