FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

HIGHLAND MARCH 6 Recruitment

Joonya

As many of you will know, Highland March will be tradtionally takng place at the end of this season, and by our reconning there are less than 17 training weeks to go and so far, there are only 2 confirmed walkers/runners for this, the 6th event!!!

they are:

Beatonio

Gringo Jnr

Much appreciation goes to the likes of Mr and Mrs Paulibee, who have decided to hang up their boots (like daddy brew) and achived so much in 2 previous events. Helping to gain funding for charity from many sources along the way they will be missed.

Mr and Mrs Gringo have also decided against another End-to-End event this year, and with Yompa on the road to recovery from a serious knee injury, the marching team is somewhat depleated!!!

If anyone is interested in taking part in this 7 day event, where we will WALK from ICT's penultimate match the thier final fixture, then please reply here or send me a PM, from which I can provide further details.

Major Gringo Jnr

Can you organise more buckets at the match, 1 for each section that can be passed along the rows,front to back so that people can see it coming, not a quick shake of a bucket and off whilst walking along the touchline and take a wheelbarrow to empty the buckets in to.

A lot of people would donate but you make it too difficult to give you any cash.

Can you organise more buckets at the match, 1 for each section that can be passed along the rows,front to back so that people can see it coming, not a quick shake of a bucket and off whilst walking along the touchline and take a wheelbarrow to empty the buckets in to.

A lot of people would donate but you make it too difficult to give you any cash.

Noted....  :022:

Quote from: 12th Man on Today at 04:54:38 PM

Noted.... 

We need to be careful with buckets etc due to other charities using the area and the legalities of it all. The club WILL be contacted in due course regarding bucket rattling.

Welcome on Board Tug :021:

We are now up to 4 walkers  :021:

Welcome on board to IHE and Tug.

These 2 new recruits will add a wee spark to this years 'March. Tug for his military background and IHE for his........ erm.......wit!

IHE intended to walk with us last year, but an injury early in the training stages put paid to that idea. Therfore it is superb that he has re-newed his interest in the Highland March!!!

I have managed to convince some of my mates to come along. Even if they don't complete the walk, they're going to do what they can. So as well as myself and Laura, the names are;

Calum Slater

Donald Laidlaw

Michael Laidlaw

Steven MacMillan

Martin MacDonald

will these people be doing first and last day chumba - - just like julie intends?

we're usually limited to 8-10 people. confirmed end to enders are

IHE

Beatonio

Tug

Gringo Jnr

CaleyD - Support bus

Dunco and K4rlos have also expressed and interest, yet I am not sure if they are deffinates yet?

6 confirmed end-to-enders now...

Chumba (beatonio)

Slater

dunco

IHE

Tug

Yours truely

and CaleyD - on the bus of course.

We're getting very close to a full squad now. first come first served basis remember.

I hope everyone is doing well with training etc. This years event is looking to be rather set already

Yompa and the amigos gringo already have priority for 3 places should they decide to re-join the clan... K4rlos is yet to get back to me also... Looks like we may well have a full team already - and there are less than 15 weeks approx to go...

Amigos Gringo's will not be rejoining the squad for HM6. However, if job situation permits, we may do a day or two but will be independant to you guys with regards digs etc but would, maybe, like a bench on the buzz. Just depends when and where you're walking and which way the wind is blowing.  :029:

but would, maybe, like a bench on the buzz. Just depends when and where you're walking and which way the wind is blowing. 

.... and how many other recruits we have / size of the 'BUS'. LoL.

CCC has expressed interest of doing first and last day again, and has been told she may well have to arrange her own transport. We'll see how things pan out!!!

Does this mean Lady Madonna will be doing the whole thing now. I know Slater is??? Me is confuzled  :017:

Tug has been in contact today regarding his participation. His place will remain confirmed mind until I hear any different

Laura wants to come along for the week and do as much walking as possible. Obviously she's not entirely sure how much this'll be as she's never done anything on this scale before, but I'll do my best to drag her once she starts slacking...  :016:

So how many more can we take? I've got another 3 gents wishing to do it.

We have confirmed

dunco

IHE

Beatonio

Jnr

Slater

CaleyD - Driver

Lady Madonna

Tug (for the time being)

Yompa - TBC

I would say due to space on the bus that 8 or 9 walkers and a driver would be the maximum. Keep in mind we need to allow plenty room for luggage aswell as potentially camping equipment this year.

Much depends on the mini bus we use for the support transport.  Donald - it's over to you :blah01: