Home and Away

As a predominantly away fan I suspect that this season will be a return to the away day point taking affairs and I suspect that we may return to ending up with more away points than home points. This seemed to always be the case in the first two seasons when we stuck rigidly to a 4-5-1 and counter attacking style. Apart from a 6 week spell last season we appeared to have tried to go without that system and we didnt really have the players to do it plus Brew kept on changing the team and the formations.

I suspect that with what we have got Brew is almost resigned to stick with the 4-5-1 which augurs well fer the away day support.

But how does he change that at home. Well IMHO it has to be a 4-4-2 or an attack minded 4-4-1-1. Play with width and try and play the ball on the deck. And wait fer it - that may be the one place that we will miss the Mercenary - at home he could play the lone striker role becos of his touch and being able to hold the ball up and pass - Barrowman may be a better option away from home - with pace and movement in midfield - but he - nor anybody else - isnt going to replace the greedy one up front. Barrowman isnt a Bayne either so we have to look to putting two up front and playing to their strengths and stop the aimless feckin hoofing.

Anyway it is 3-0 to the Away X1 and I think that the Away X1 will win again this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Still 6-1 :rotflmao: - Lets face it we have been well and truly sussed at home by opposition coaches. Plus we dont have anybody who plays the ball out of defence and - yes - we miss the lazy mercenary - at home he made us that bit different with his control and vision.

But at least we can look forward to another away day at Tynie where we can defend and hit on the break.

jingle-bells.jpg

JINGLE BELLS - JINGLE BELLS - JINGLE ALL THE WAY - OH WAT FUN IT IS TO WATCH THE SNECKIE PLAY AWAY

i agree i think that we're going to get more away points than home...but why is this...why is it the team dont like playing at home...coz im lucky enough to get to both away and home games and i have to say i see two different teams.

away....they seem confident and full of life...why is this???

home....im suprised if i see a smile on one of the players face....maybe....are the fans to blame....do the home support get behind their team...is lack of atmosphere the problem....why are they so different at home???

i agree i think that we're going to get more away points than home...but why is this...why is it the team dont like playing at home...coz im lucky enough to get to both away and home games and i have to say i see two different teams.

away....they seem confident and full of life...why is this???

home....im suprised if i see a smile on one of the players face....maybe....are the fans to blame....do the home support get behind their team...is lack of atmosphere the problem....why are they so different at home???

Could be the lack of atmosphere, rustle rustle shhhh.

Our style of play is too similar home and away. In Inverness teams we should be looking to beat will play the same way as we do - counter attack - see Hamilton for example. We can't seem to break them down when invited onto them. But away from home we hit teams who are attacking us on the counter and it works.

What is puzzling me is the contrast between the first half and second half performances in the last two games. They have been like night and day with the team strangely going to sleep in the 2nd it seems. If they can keep their first half effort going then I think we will roast a couple of teams in Inverness someday.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...