missing a bridge and a castle

us2

Why has the singing stopped in the North Stand? There are no points for stating the obvious. I am missing the bridge and castle when we are wonderful and even when we aren't there was always the CALEY (Clap clap clap) to fall back on

Is the North stand becoming part of the sweetie wrapper brigade? Where are you the lovely guys and girls of section G we need you to to lead the way?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also people turning around and shouting at us for not singing(Alex Macleod)!

Why does everyone expect Section G to get everyone singing and then when we do sing no-one joins in unless its CALEY CLAP CLAP CLAP?!

Why don't other people start singing and stop moaning at G for not singing.

But they are just worried that people will start looking at them. Typical sweeting rustling ICT fans!

Excuse me young men, but was section G not the self proclaimed singing section by the singers themselves. They all gathered round the top area of section G, often sitting in my seat, and normally made noise, banged a drum and created what little atmosphere there was. I don't believe that stewards will stop you from singing/chanting, provided the language is acceptable and you are not breaking any other ground regulations.

It was deathly quiet on Saturday, and Alex did turn round a couple of times to enquire where the noise was, and this did prompt him to start his own noise. No harm done.

Why has the noise stopped, is there a valid reason, or has apathy taken over. You don't have to make a noise if you don't want to, it's your prerogative, but you guys did create the 'section G' myth yourselves.

Lets all make sum noyz next home game, and bring a friend who is willing to make sum noyz as well.

I must admit we do have some of the most heavy handed stewards in the league...i've been to a few away games now and none of them are as bad as ours...in fact there quite good crack.

The fact that there has been very little too chear about at the last 2 home games may be a result of lack of atmoshpere.

I did think the Stewards were a bit OTT at the Hamilton game, I don't know what was said to the crew at the top of section G, but things certainly quietened down after a Steward had been up to chat to them. Pretty inconsistent considering that a smaller group of fans at the Hamilton end were allowed to stand throughout the game.

Has anyone thought about photocopying/printing song sheets for the rest of the fans? I know that they do this at a number of grounds when they're looking to get a new song off the ground.

As far as I know the stewerds checked everybody up there's tickets so they couldn't sit together. They then said they couldn't use the drum which reappeared later on.

So they're going out of their way to harass the only group of fans making anu noise in the ground!

Does anyone actually complain about the group at the top of Section G, or is everyone around them quite happy to let them get on with it?

I was of the understanding that the drum was allowed to be used, if the club didn't want it in, surely it should be stopped at the gate?

Guest birdog

The stewards will always clamp down on these guys because they are easy targets and the rest of our fans will say nothing to stand up for them. Could you imagine the stewards doing the same to a group of fans at Ibrox or Parkhead? Half the crowd would turn on the stewards and they would back down. Unfortunately this will never happen at TCS because we are too civilised up here.

Bring back alcohol to football stadia and you will see the atmosphere improve.

Guest JCisavictim

wouldnt mind singing if it didnt resort in the people in section g getting a bad name. we sing at away games and other fans join in but at home games it no one backs us and we just look like a mob of hooligans which is what most caley fans think we. you say no swearing at football games but we are just passionate lads and where in the world where you go where fans dont swear at games????

Guest birdog

wouldnt mind singing if it didnt resort in the people in section g getting a bad name. we sing at away games and other fans join in but at home games it no one backs us and we just look like a mob of hooligans which is what most caley fans think we. you say no swearing at football games but we are just passionate lads and where in the world where you go where fans dont swear at games????

Have to agree with you there, swearing happens at football and it's a pitty that we are now in a position where clubs are trying to attract a "better" class of fans to games. I take my kids one 7 and one 9 to matches and they understand that these words are, in general, unacceptable but they will hear them at the football, especially from their father (low volume these days as we are in the family section)

People who come to TCS should count themselves lucky that a bit of bad language is all they have to endure, just look at the last UEFA final.

You don't have to go to a football ground to hear swearing, just walk past any primary school in the country whilst they're out for a break and you'll hear far worse than anything you might witness at TCS on a match day :rotflmao:

Guest birdog

You don't have to go to a football ground to hear swearing, just walk past any primary school in the country whilst they're out for a break and you'll hear far worse than anything you might witness at TCS on a match day :thumb04:

:rotflmao: True but you do have to at least try to give kids the impression that swearing should not be an every day occurance.

Precisely, and if you look back through past discussions on swearing you'll find that I am in total agreement with your philosophy that it's best to educated kids on the rights and wrongs of instead of trying to "protect" them from it.....which is a near impossible task unless you lock them in their rooms and home school them.

As I told one woman who took me to taks over swearing in the mainstand a few years back. "If your so offended by swearing then perhaps you should try Church instead of Football."

Don't think she liked that as she stormed off to report me to the Stewards...who, back then just laughed at her. Oh for some of those same sensibilities among the Stewards of today.

G4S were advertising for stewards recently, perhaps we should all apply :rotflmao:

Guest birdog

As I told one woman who took me to taks over swearing in the mainstand a few years back. "If your so offended by swearing then perhaps you should try Church instead of Football."

Don't think she liked that as she stormed off to report me to the Stewards...who, back then just laughed at her. Oh for some of those same sensibilities among the Stewards of today.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015:

Seriously though the highlighted part of your quote sums up this whole thread.

When Alex started some songs the group of us at the back backed him up and sung along. Same hgoes for anyone else who wants to try start a song on a Saturday, we will back them up and join in. What I didn't like was the way he criticised us for being so quiet. Why are we the ones to get slagged off everytime there is zero atmosphere at home games? It's down to everyone to chip in. Usually when we do sing there is only the small group of us plus a few select others who join in.

Stop moaning at the people in the back of Section G when there is no singing. Intead of sitting there at the game unimpressed by the lack of noise why don't you just stand up and start a song. We will join in!!!!

Stop moaning at the people in the back of Section G when there is no singing. Intead of sitting there at the game unimpressed by the lack of noise why don't you just stand up and start a song. We will join in!!!!

Spot on. Whenever we start songs, no one joins in. Yet whenever anyone else starts a song, we do join in, like Saturday whenever Alex started a song.

And strange comment about the drums, they were out and being used on Saturday, you can hear them on the bbc highlights if you doubt me :rotflmao:

Guest birdog

Spot on. Whenever we start songs, no one joins in. Yet whenever anyone else starts a song, we do join in, like Saturday whenever Alex started a song.

And strange comment about the drums, they were out and being used on Saturday, you can hear them on the bbc highlights if you doubt me :rotflmao:

I think you guys should look on the moaning not as an attack against yourselves but as encouragement, you guys sing you do get the crowd started at times so when someone asks you to sing it is more likely that they want to sing themselves but are a little shy at starting it off. I have said before bring back the beer to remove the inhabitions.

Keep up the good work guys.

Edited by birdog

Yes I tried to encourage singing on saturday and some followed for little spells but then deathly silence. The young lads who start the noise are appreciated by fans and players alike. At every ground thers is always a group who lead the chants. That for me is the group at the back of section G and they do normally rise to the occassion but something was amiss saturday.

The point I would make though is this. When things on the pitch are going good there's loads of noise. When players are slacking the noise dies.

IMO thats when we should all be shouting and chanting. The twelfth man syndrome. Make the hairs stand out on the back of a players neck and he'll perform.

When Scotland play sh!te the Tartan Army get more fired up. Lets see the same passion at TCS.

Oh, and those of you who think our stewards are bad. Have you ever been to Dens or Tannadump?

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Oh, and those of you who think our stewards are bad. Have you ever been to Dens or Tannadump?

brings back a memory from the early 90,s when i visited dens park as a neutral was in the main stand,bought a coffee and proceded to place it on the ledge at front of the stand,was told by a steward to remove it incase it fell on anyones head below,strange i tohught as there was no-one or any seats below,but maybe it made him feel good

Maybe you guys should have a 'capo' stand ...... TFC built this in front of the supporters section after discussions with the fans. It was first used on Saturday night and really helped co-ordinate the singing.

Toronto_FC_v_New_England_Revolution_August_23_2008_266_of_394.jpg

Toronto_FC_v_New_England_Revolution_August_23_2008_347_of_394.jpg

bonus points if you can spot me in this pic :rotflmao:

Some of them even sung the bridge and castle song when Big Stew was over earlier this year

MP4 (16.5Mb) - http://tfcpics.com/gallery/misc/OHInverness-ipod.mp4

AVI (31Mb) - http://tfcpics.com/gallery/misc/OHInverness-avi.AVI