FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Free Professional Provision

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

The "communication" issue is doing ma feckin napper in so lets continue to be feckin sensible.

Lets put together a proper proposal fer a communication link (of whatever form) and start up a Stading Agenda:

Put on this thread your proposal for a Standing agenda item - the desired outcome - a sensible proposal. Then state how you would wish to have the communication dealt with - Fans Forum; Internet thread; Regular meeting of a standing membership, representative of both factions.

How often should they run ?

Let it run for a while and then I will put together the finished article with Terms of Reference.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Scotty not re-instating the boardroom banter? that would be a help, from an ordinary fans point of view i cant see us ever getting face to face contact with management unless its through the Fans trust Q & A evening that occurs now and then ( or maybe the Heathmount).

What would be better if more fans were to join the trust, so it would really be a representative of the whole fan base which it really isn't at the moment.

I dont know what the membership of the trust is at present, but it should be greater and therefore more powerful.

The "communication" issue is doing ma feckin napper in so lets continue to be feckin sensible.

Lets put together a proper proposal fer a communication link (of whatever form) and start up a Stading Agenda:

Put on this thread your proposal for a Standing agenda item - the desired outcome - a sensible proposal. Then state how you would wish to have the communication dealt with - Fans Forum; Internet thread; Regular meeting of a standing membership, representative of both factions.

How often should they run ?

Let it run for a while and then I will put together the finished article with Terms of Reference.

Someone would just tell you to sit down Johndo.

I have had an email response from Graeme today. My initial email to him was talking about reinstating BB in a similar fashion to what we had before and suggesting we get together for a chat when I am over. This is what he said.

I'm quite happy to revisit in that formula. I suggest we meet on the morning of 27th to firm up what's expected of both parties and to formulate some kind of framework. Meanwhile I don't see any harm in you preparing with the first round of questions on the meeting date. So we can realise a productive meeting.

I would say that is a positive outcome and although we might have to walk before we can run - by reinstating BB and seeing how that goes before moving onto some of IHE's other suggestions - there is no harm in also discussing the next level as suggested by IHE.

I have had an email response from Graeme today. My initial email to him was talking about reinstating BB in a similar fashion to what we had before and suggesting we get together for a chat when I am over. This is what he said.

I'm quite happy to revisit in that formula. I suggest we meet on the morning of 27th to firm up what's expected of both parties and to formulate some kind of framework. Meanwhile I don't see any harm in you preparing with the first round of questions on the meeting date. So we can realise a productive meeting.

I would say that is a positive outcome and although we might have to walk before we can run - by reinstating BB and seeing how that goes before moving onto some of IHE's other suggestions - there is no harm in also discussing the next level as suggested by IHE.

Top-notch work Scotty and Grassa.

Top-notch work Scotty and Grassa.

If we are doing some back-slapping here, lets also include Gringo Jnr and IHE who have both been pushing this in their own ways and have had just as much impact as any emails I have sent.

Cheers Scotty et all.

IHE - Most of my suggestions are on the 'if the club are interested' sticky thread. Feel free to include these to the standing agenda.

If there is anything more I can do, let me know.

Scotty - I am sure I have something on at the stadium on the 26th. Can't mind what it is. All I know it that it will involve a copious amount of alcohol, therefore I will not be able to join you on the 27th, should that be an option. :rotflmao:

Cheers Scotty et all.

IHE - Most of my suggestions are on the 'if the club are interested' sticky thread. Feel free to include these to the standing agenda.

If there is anything more I can do, let me know.

Scotty - I am sure I have something on at the stadium on the 26th. Can't mind what it is. All I know it that it will involve a copious amount of alcohol, therefore I will not be able to join you on the 27th, should that be an option. :rotflmao:

Dont you be letting your little party on 26th be getting in the way of the Killie game on 27th

let football get in the way of a party? never!!!

Why else do you think we wanted a friday wedding - i'd be named and shamed on soccer am otherwise!!! :rotflmao:

In all seriousness, I am willin to throw my name into the hat as someone willin to present any ideas to the club, along with IHE, Scotty and anyone else who wants to see ICT become more involved with its fans, as well as progress further on our historic climb so far.

Lets begin by walking !!! You are good at that Jnr, and maybe IHE will be better at it next year !

Step 1 - lets get some sensible and/or constructive questions organised for the first meeting

Step 2 - lets get the framework sorted out as GB has suggested

Step 3 - lets be confident it will see equal effort on both sides to make it work

Step 4 - lets get the first couple under our belt

Once the dialogue begins, it is far easier to suggest we incorporate whatever comes of IHE's proposed "standing agenda" as the club are likely to be more receptive if they can see that this is not just another excuse to have some potshots at them and people actually want to work with them to make life easier for everyone.

There is quite a chasm between the club and some fans with both sides having their faults. The club seem to have retreated inwards because fans are questioning their every action, and the fans are questioning whether the club care or even listen because part of that isolation involves a severe lack of communication. The whole thing is a vicious circle that has been gathering momentum for a while now and hopefully this is the first step in stopping the downward spiral, turning it round again and pointing it in an upwards direction. We will not achieve everything that is suggested in one fell swoop, but if we can take small steps and begin to rebuild the trust on both sides with some open and frank communication then maybe some of the bigger steps will come.

Well done Scotty - I take it that lunch and drinkies will be placed on the clubs expense sheet.

I am on nights fer three shifts - I have been in and out of feckin A&E all night tonite but hopefully will get a quiter spell and I will put a draft together.

Well done Scotty - I take it that lunch and drinkies will be placed on the clubs expense sheet.

LOL - I doubt it ! morning meeting probably, likely to be at the stadium, and will probably have to ask for a couple of sugars in my coffee. but that suits me.

Here is a draft letter of proposal folks - We evidently have to agree on the initial items for discussion and some suggestion pertaining to each as well - what do ya think ?

SEPTEMBER 2008

FOR THE ATTENTION OF MR GRAEME BENNETT (DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL ? INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE F.C.)

FROM ? THE MEMBERS / POSTERS ON CALEYTHISTLEONLINE.

Dear Grasser,

We have become concerned about a lack of perceived communication between the club and the supporters. There is an inherent belief that the ?close-knit?, family type feel of the early days has disintegrated as the club has established itself in the SPL. The previous sense of ?openness? and shared debate appears to have become diluted and some fans have become quite disillusioned that despite some persistent concerns being raised and/or some constructive suggestions being forwarded, they are rarely afforded any degree of feedback from the club itself.

It feels that this continuing lack of communication has created a ?divide? and many posts have become over personalised and the frustration of the unresponsiveness projected on to members of the Board, the management and the players.

Lack of communication and feedback leads to rumours, rumours lead to ?Chinese whispers? and are embellished from minor irritations into major debates.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle is a small club, the fan base are loyal and usually dependable. There is a strong sense at present that there is a need to mend some of the positive links and ?bridges? that pre-existed. We need to reinstate the sense of togetherness and openness and create a forum where questions can be freely asked and responses are open and forthright.

We would, therefore wish to propose the following initiatives:

Initially we would welcome the re-introduction of the ?Boardroom Banter? thread on CaleyThistleOnline. This could take the form of a monthly dialogue between the club and the supporters. The thread would consist of an agenda of items, which could be discussed, action planned and reviewed on a regular basis ? in the concept of a Standing Agenda.

CaleyThistleOnline could appoint one of the Senior Moderators to update the Standing Agenda each month and the club could appoint an individual to respond on behalf of the club.

We would endeavour to limit the number of items on each Agenda to six. We would also endeavour to prioritise items regarding issues regarding facilities and off the field issues. We appreciate that items pertaining to internal club affairs and comments about team and/or individual performances on the field can often become heated, controversial and potentially damaging to our relationship. We intend to leave those debates to the confines of the Forum but we would appreciate one Standing item to allow the club to provide us with their comments on the previous months performances and advise us of any pertinent developments from the playing side perspective.

We also intend to support any concerns raised with constructive suggestions on how we feel that the identified issues can be alleviated or lessened. We intend to do likewise in regard to any suggestion made to make improvements in aspects of the clubs profile and reputation in the local community.

We would wish to stress at this juncture that we are willing to assist the club in any way that we can to attain the solutions and we will understand if the club provides us with a clear rationale as to any reason that the club feels that action cannot be taken at that specific time.

We understand that you have arranged to meet with Scott MacKenzie (Scotty) on Saturday 26th September, prior to the home tie against Kilmarnock. We appreciate that your meeting is geared at coming to an agreement in regard to the format of the communications but we would hope that you would also take the suggestions contained within this correspondence strongly into consideration.

The proposed Agenda Items prioritised for initial discussion are as follows:

Advertising Boards constraining the views of Disabled Supporters.

Car parking.

Free or reduced price tickets to local schools.

Stewarding

Revenue building suggestions

Club feedback on this seasons performance ? any playing developments.

Free travel and accommodation to Home games for IHE.

Car parking.

The Supporters' Trust have bought some season tickets, which we use to give away to local schools and/or youth clubs and associations. We piloted it for half season tickets last season and following it's success we have continued with it. If you know any youth groups or organisations who might be interested in attending a game, give mairi a shout as she looks after the bookings we have

Stewarding

Don't you still have some Travelodge vouchers to use up :rotflmao:

The Supporters' Trust have bought some season tickets, which we use to give away to local schools and/or youth clubs and associations. We piloted it for half season tickets last season and following it's success we have continued with it. If you know any youth groups or organisations who might be interested in attending a game, give mairi a shout as she looks after the bookings we have

No disrespect intended Laura, and its a commendable idea, but don't you think the club should be doing this rather than the trust ... Perhaps instead of making you buy them, the club should be giving you a certain quantity of free child/youth season tickets which you can manage and allocate to those who might need/want them

No disrespect intended Laura, and its a commendable idea, but don't you think the club should be doing this rather than the trust ... Perhaps instead of making you buy them, the club should be giving you a certain quantity of free child/youth season tickets which you can manage and allocate to those who might need/want them

Can't disagree Scotty, your not the first to suggest we should get them free of charge if we take on the management of them, but it was down to the fact that it wasn't happening that we introduced the pilot last season. We did negotiate a bit of a 'deal' on this years tickets. At the end of the day it's just a different way of putting pennies in the ICT pot. We are trying to tie in some other things to enhance the experience for the groups and just hope that a few of them drag parents along in years to come.

In my experience with dealing with senior management, you are more likely to get co-operation if the points you are making are reasonably detailed and can suggest your own positive desired outcome.

Here is a draft letter of proposal folks - We evidently have to agree on the initial items for discussion and some suggestion pertaining to each as well - what do ya think ?

I thought the boards were moved back off the grass to facilitate the views from the stands. Wheelchair views remain an issue, although that is more to do with the metal barrier on top of the wall than the advertising boards. Remember advertising boards are a necessary evil in this day and age.

Car parking.

What about car parking? Is it the car park itself, the stewarding going in, the stewarding going out, is it too expensive, too cheap? Specific suggestions for improvement would be useful.

How many, how often, who would be responsible for distribution, what age groups are we targeting?

Stewarding

Be armed with specific examples, I would suggest collating some examples giving details of games, stand sections, actions taken, actions that should have been taken etc.

This needs to be at the top, since almost all of the others are going to cost money to implement, they will want to see where this money is going to come from. Also needs to be more specific.

Not sure what you mean by "playing developments"?

Goes without saying!

Hope this helps.

Can't disagree Scotty, your not the first to suggest we should get them free of charge if we take on the management of them, but it was down to the fact that it wasn't happening that we introduced the pilot last season. We did negotiate a bit of a 'deal' on this years tickets. At the end of the day it's just a different way of putting pennies in the ICT pot. We are trying to tie in some other things to enhance the experience for the groups and just hope that a few of them drag parents along in years to come.

Maybe a compromise between the Club and Trust could be a "buy one get one free" scenario? It would make it a bit easier to swallow for the club and would get more bums on seats.

Can I suggest that instead of looking at the advertising hoardings constraining the view of less able bodied supporters we should be looking at relocating them away from the pitch. TCS is not the most hospitable of places in the winter and said supporters can be out exposed to harsh weather in winter. A ramp behind the North Stand would allow access to the top of the stand where they would be protected from the elements and also afford them a better view of the game.