FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Moto Bailey

BornCaley

Hi

A recent conversation with an old pal, got me thinking about somewhere in Inverness i heard about years ago. I think it was called Moto Bailey ( Spelling probably wrong) and was rumoured to have been the location of a Witchcraft coven and some strange goings on years ago. If i remember rightly it was around the Culduthel/Dores Road area.

Anyone know where i mean?

thanks

Would it be a old 'Motte and Bailey' style castle site they were referring to?

Might help with your enquiries.

I visited Cardiff recently and Cardiff Castle is a great example of this type of design.

Cardiff's well worth visiting too - I was very pleasantly surprised by the place. (as usual, I digress)

In fact Beachcombers country residence in Shanghai is built in this style to keep the marauding invernessians at bay.

motte_donjon_bailey.jpg

Edited by beachcomber

I think you also may be referring to Mr Bailey, the one eyed scourge of PE classes at Millburn Academy. who was rumoured to be involved in black arts such as Rugby sadism training at a big field in town.

His favorite form of punisment was shouting ' pundy pundy feel the pain ' in your face, which was made worse by the little bits of froth flying out of his gob at the speed of sound.

Motte & Bailey might be right, although this is a woodland near Cuduthel/Dores Road....apparently in the middle of this forest, the trees form a natural circle and this is where the wiccan ceremonies took place

Don't know how the place has become conflated with motte and bailey castles, but I think you're refrering to Torbreck Wood - accessed from the Dores Road just past Holm Mills. I think the southern distributor road runs past it now. There were various shock-horror stories in the Courier about evidence of black masses there about 15 years ago, but I'm not sure whether the wood had any natural features that made it particularly suitable for occult ceremonies, or whether it was simpy secluded enough that people could get pissed and crucify cats without fear of discovery...