FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster

Caley Stan

Hate to sound like a Jonah but we're only 3 points off the bottom with Motherwell coming up followed by Rangers.
Yep! and only three of fifth place. Same position as Motherwell.

Now 1 point off bottom and 4 off 5th. The only saving grace in this at the moment is that Hamilton have a -9 goal difference and ours is only -2. However, that only comes into play if we actually have the same points as them at the end of the season !!!

he offered Wyness a contract then withdrew the offer before Wyness had an opportunity to even pick up a pen!
Wyness wasnt performing. Brewster was going to give him a contract then decided to challenge him to earn it. He didnt. He hadnt scored in something like 4 months at the time. Hardly prolific.
Wyness was not the worst player on the park against Falkirk(?) when his contract offer was withdrawn. Brewster made a scapegoat of Wyness over a very poor team display indeed. Part of the reason Wyness hadn't scored in four months at the time was due to injury.

I think it was established at the time that the contract offer was withdrawn after Wyness' agent came back at the 11th hour and tried to change the deal. This was the one (only?) statement made at the time of the incident that was not denied by one side or the other.

Brewster comes across as a decent enough bloke, and it annoys me to hear people say that he shafted us to go to Dundee Utd. There's never been anything official, but I know for fact that Brewster made sure that ICT were well compensated for his departure, even though he had no contract....so much so that he would have refused to go had Thomson not stumped up the cash that HE (Brewster) had said ICT should be getting. So please, if we're going to criticise the guy, let's keep it to our opinions on the job he is doing/has done and not get caught up in slandering him for stuff that just isn't true.

Yup, heard that too.

As a person, he seems decent. As a fitness coach, we're lucky to have him. As a manager, he frustrates the hell out of me and I don't rate him.

I am close to agreeing with this summary.

Who do we replace him with? Off the top of my head....Robbo. He's a more than competent Manager, and a man who always wore his heart on his sleeve and I think he'd instil some passion back into the squad. I'd also like to see CC in there as his assistant, because there's nobody who knows more about what makes this club, team and fans tic than he does.

Thats an interesting idea/combination.

Who do we replace him with? Off the top of my head....Robbo. He's a more than competent Manager, and a man who always wore his heart on his sleeve and I think he'd instil some passion back into the squad. I'd also like to see CC in there as his assistant, because there's nobody who knows more about what makes this club, team and fans tic than he does.

So instead of one former manager, we'd have two? I don't think that would be progressive at all, I would rather a new management team altogether.

(there should be a K in tick, or is that your wee team?)

he offered Wyness a contract then withdrew the offer before Wyness had an opportunity to even pick up a pen!
Wyness wasnt performing. Brewster was going to give him a contract then decided to challenge him to earn it. He didnt. He hadnt scored in something like 4 months at the time. Hardly prolific.
Wyness was not the worst player on the park against Falkirk(?) when his contract offer was withdrawn. Brewster made a scapegoat of Wyness over a very poor team display indeed. Part of the reason Wyness hadn't scored in four months at the time was due to injury.

I think it was established at the time that the contract offer was withdrawn after Wyness' agent came back at the 11th hour and tried to change the deal. This was the one (only?) statement made at the time of the incident that was not denied by one side or the other.

True but it didn't stop Brewster citing Wyness' lack of form at the time. I think it was Bennet that cited the agent being at fault.

Is Brewster anything to do with contract negotiations? If not, why make a statement to the press about something he knows nothing about? (That said he does make regular reference to "tactics" after games so there'd be nothing new there :rotflmao: )

I know it happened a while ago but something still doesn't smell right about the whole thing. Wyness was a settled man, who at a few months notice, upped and left to move to Paisley. Just doesn't add up for me.

True but it didn't stop Brewster citing Wyness' lack of form at the time. I think it was Bennet that cited the agent being at fault.

Is Brewster anything to do with contract negotiations? If not, why make a statement to the press about something he knows nothing about? (That said he does make regular reference to "tactics" after games so there'd be nothing new there :rotflmao: )

I know it happened a while ago but something still doesn't smell right about the whole thing. Wyness was a settled man, who at a few months notice, upped and left to move to Paisley. Just doesn't add up for me.

It was GB that made that statement and as I mentioned, it was the only one I can recall which was not denied by one side or the other. That - to me - speaks volumes. There may be more to it, I don't know, but the fact that GBs statement was not vehemently denied by the agent made it "case closed" as far as I was concerned.

RE: Contracts - As far as I am aware, GB handles the contract negotiations, CB just indicates who he wants these negotiations to be with !!!

So instead of one former manager, we'd have two? I don't think that would be progressive at all, I would rather a new management team altogether.

As I said, sometimes you need to go backwards in order to get off the path your own and back onto a more progressive/successful one. We could try appointing a whole new team, and if a suitable one could be found, then great.

The reason I mention Robbo and CC is because I think our biggest problem with the team right now is a lack of motivation, and the fact we've moved away from the gritty determined team that always went forward and never gave up. A team that could walk off the pitch after any game, win, lose or draw, with it's head held high.

We need to re-establish that pride in the team, and nobody knows more about being part of that then Charlie. If anyone can find what is needed to bring it back, then I think he can.

Robbo, very highly thought of in footballing circles, lots of friends all over the place (look at the way he set up Liverpool for Barry's Testimonial). He has contacts to bring in young talent, he is respected enough to be able to attract more experienced players to the club. And most of all, he doesn't have the "this is our lot, let's make the best of it attitude". He will drive the team to be the best it can be, and as we saw with the whole promotion thing, he'll stand up to the guys upstairs when need be.

Re-appointing these guys might be a backward move in terms of time, but it would be a forward move in terms of getting the team back to where it should be, back to an ethos that works for us as ICT and not trying to replicate what clubs do elsewhere.

(there should be a K in tick, or is that your wee team?)

No I definitely meant tic...as in tic-toc.

As I said, sometimes you need to go backwards in order to get off the path your own and back onto a more progressive/successful one. We could try appointing a whole new team, and if a suitable one could be found, then great.

The reason I mention Robbo and CC is because I think our biggest problem with the team right now is a lack of motivation, and the fact we've moved away from the gritty determined team that always went forward and never gave up. A team that could walk off the pitch after any game, win, lose or draw, with it's head held high.

We need to re-establish that pride in the team, and nobody knows more about being part of that then Charlie. If anyone can find what is needed to bring it back, then I think he can.

Robbo, very highly thought of in footballing circles, lots of friends all over the place (look at the way he set up Liverpool for Barry's Testimonial). He has contacts to bring in young talent, he is respected enough to be able to attract more experienced players to the club. And most of all, he doesn't have the "this is our lot, let's make the best of it attitude". He will drive the team to be the best it can be, and as we saw with the whole promotion thing, he'll stand up to the guys upstairs when need be.

Re-appointing these guys might be a backward move in terms of time, but it would be a forward move in terms of getting the team back to where it should be, back to an ethos that works for us as ICT and not trying to replicate what clubs do elsewhere.

Fair do's, Robbo might be able to get Park back too and I think a rejuvenated Steve Patterson would bring more to the management team (D of F anyone?) and I'm sure he'd be able to attract a few gems from the lower divisions too.

Give him to December and have faith. The big problem this season has not been the defence but the strike force. Rooney is just beginning to flourish, and Barrowman is still carrying a knock. If by December those two have not clicked, I will finally concede that Brewster is not the man for the job.

Scotland's such a small place, no manager is ever prepared to say a bad word about any other manager despite what he really thinks.

What about Pele plus the cost of a shrink?

That's out of order!

Addicts don't need shrinks, they need the support of everyone around them at all times until they can control their addiction. Steve is already confronting his demons face to face and I for one commend him. Good luck Steve, Haste Ye Back!

The problem seems to be getting them to play as a team. Where's the camaraderie gone.

That's exactly what worries me. We used to have the best team spirit in the league, but it seems to have slowly evaporated.

Canna blame Marius this time eh?

Parkie would never come back up here, not even for Robbo, he left for geographical / family reasons did he not?

Anyway, not sure if i'd be too confident if Robbo were to come back, i think Brew needs a more experienced assistant, someone to slap him on the napper if he tries a stupid sub.

Scotland's such a small place, no manager is ever prepared to say a bad word about any other manager despite what he really thinks.

What about Pele plus the cost of a shrink?

That's out of order!

Addicts don't need shrinks, they need the support of everyone around them at all times until they can control their addiction. Steve is already confronting his demons face to face and I for one commend him. Good luck Steve, Haste Ye Back!

Sorry, that kind of came out wrong (or you're reading too much into it). For shrink read 'motivator'. I really meant I would have Pele back, but I don't think he'd be up for the challenge. Nothing to do with addiction.

Edited by The Mantis