FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Why not at home?

stevico1

The passion will always be there in abundance regardless of what others might think, the crowd will never be 40,000. If it was ICT would be a guaranteed 3rd and fighting with the filth for better :rotflmao:

And yes the crowd would make such a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ralph I realise that what I was trying to say the team are not so much under pressure for results at home but more the performance, I would hazzard a guess that most ICT fans would take an attacking team performance at home even if we dropped some points at home rather than what has been seen so far this season

Edited by stevico1

our players are best suited to sitting in and breaking away at pace. players like cowie and imrie cannot produce as manay chances with 10 men sitting in front of them. I wouldn't mind seeing us play to these tactics at home, the fans wouldn't be too happy but the points would roll in.

I would have agreed with that before today, but as Mantis has already pointed out, today we dominated Kilmarnock and played most of the first half in their area. I really feel the SPL is full of teams that aren't very far apart in terms of quality and that some sides just thrive or struggle according to whom they are playing. We have beaten Kilmarnock reasonably convincingly twice now; at the same time, we have lost twice 1-0 against Hearts and never looked like scoring. I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Aberdeen for the second time in a row in December then go away to Hamilton in January and lose again. It's going to be another long season, but I saw enough today to suggest we can stay up.

our players are best suited to sitting in and breaking away at pace. players like cowie and imrie cannot produce as manay chances with 10 men sitting in front of them. I wouldn't mind seeing us play to these tactics at home, the fans wouldn't be too happy but the points would roll in.

exactly Inverness are not built for playing open attractive football. They are built to sit in and hit on the break.

I am not sure that the results are incredible or baffling in any way whatsoever, looking at the away wins shows we are not doing too well away from home either.

Away wins:-

Aberdeen- ICT were right up for this one 1st victory over the dons. (why can't Brewster motivate the team to this level on a weekly basis?)

Arbroath- Technically a draw but a victory on penalties, very poor result.

St Mirren- We should be beating this lot every match.

Morton- Technically a draw but a narrow victory given extra time.

Hibs- excellent performance but Hibs were in a bad run at the time this match was played Hibs have been relatively poor this season.

Killie- We had beaten Killie quite convincingly earlier in season at home. We were extremely lucky that the Killie penalty was sent skyward and not on target in the 89th minute yesterday.

I think we are very poor overall this season but I think the main reason for our perceived poorer form at home is because Brewster is stubborn with his tactics and his "if it aint broke don't fix it" attitude is costing us points. The style Brewster plays at home is better suited to away matches at home we end up watching two teams cancel each other out with hit on the break tactics whereas away we are occasionally managing to hit on the break against teams who are playing in a traditional "home" manner and attacking us.

I am not sure that the results are incredible or baffling in any way whatsoever, looking at the away wins shows we are not doing too well away from home either.

Aberdeen- ICT were right up for this one 1st victory over the dons. (why can't Brewster motivate the team to this level on a weekly basis?)

Arbroath- Technically a draw but a victory on penalties, very poor result.

I take it you watched them playing Celtic on Saturday before you made this statement?

Morton- Technically a draw but a narrow victory given extra time.

Hibs- excellent performance but Hibs were in a bad run at the time this match was played Hibs have been relatively poor this season.

Killie- We had beaten Killie quite convincingly earlier in season at home. We were extremely lucky that the Killie penalty was sent skyward and not on target in the 89th minute yesterday.

Killie only beat the third top team in the league 2-0 last week!

Have you forgotten that they were extremely lucky we did not get the goal that was ruled offside!

I think we are very poor overall this season but I think the main reason for our perceived poorer form at home is because Brewster is stubborn with his tactics and his "if it aint broke don't fix it" attitude is costing us points. The style Brewster plays at home is better suited to away matches at home we end up watching two teams cancel each other out with hit on the break tactics whereas away we are occasionally managing to hit on the break against teams who are playing in a traditional "home" manner and attacking us.

If there's anybody in the SPL I'd like us to beat every time it's probably that lot. But it's a bit arrogant to expect it, n'est-ce pas?

I had a look on Killie Kickback at the weekend and two separate posters said Killie should be beating us every time. So it works both ways eh?

Absentfreind I never watched St Mirren play against celtic on Saturday, if I had I doubt it would make me change my mind either way. I expect us to beat teams like Midden every time we play them. I did watch us playing Celtic at home and thought we played well and should have taken something from the match but every team who play the OF tend to raise their game and if you catch the OF on a bad day it can make your team look reasonable.

Killie may have been lucky that we had a goal ruled offside but it does not remove the fact that we were 2-0 up and dropped a goal with 6 minutes left to play and almost threw everything away with a stupid tackle in the last minute. We played well on Saturday I admit that but we were lucky with one minute left on the clock and as all footballers are taught from a very early age the game lasts for 90 minutes if you look at my post especially the first sentence you will see that my point is that it is not incredible or baffling that we have had better results away from home and I think over all our away results are as poor (or good, if you are an eternal optimist) as our home results.

At the end of the day if you really want to make a comparison home and away we have to wait for another 7 games to pass so that we can compare how we got on against each team on our ground and on their's otherwise any conclusions met will be inaccurate. I also admit that I am not the best person to comment as I have not seen an away match this season and my job restricts my attendance at home.

That is why I used terms like "I think" and "I am not sure" but at the end of the day I am not very happy that our stats are in the league P 15 W 5 D2 L8, in cup compitition over 90 minutes W 0 D 2 L 1 and overall P18 W5 D4 L9 we really need to improve, you may be satisfied and that is your perogitive, but I am not.

Mantis I may be being arrogant but if we can't beat teams of St Mirren's level then perhaps we don't deserve our place in the SPL. Of course we will not win every game that we should but we should at least be aspiring to do so.

Guest Spectre

Apart from Gretna who weren't SPL standard by the time they got here, there's nobody we have a 'right' to beat home or away.

However what is infuriating is playing teams like Hamilton and St Mirren, letting them have the ball up to the half way line and inviting them on to us. It's not Barcelona.

The match against Hearts was encouraging until Blackie went off.

The 'home' fans are not always the most supportive of their team. Indeed they are quite fickle. I have just noticed this on the BBC site about the economic down turn.

'As with so much in the economy, that has several local knock-on effects, not just for construction industry jobs but to Falkirk football club. Keir Homes had to withdraw its sponsorship of the club's north stand and the team's shorts.

And the club has had to introduce three-for-two ticket offers to combat falling gates - yet another sign that the downturn affects every part of the life. '

With half season tickets on offer I just wondered whether ICT could now take a big gamble by reducing prices for these perhaps to 3:2.

I know some season ticket holders might winge at having paid full price but realistically we all should put something into the club especially if we (collective) perhaps reduce the confidence of the players on match days.

FYIB - Pints taken!

However I was perhaps raising the issue that all the lower league teams seem to be able to raise their games and not just us. Therefore, playing against them is no longer a 'gimmie' but depends on their game on that day. It must be doing managers heads in to have to deal with this inconsistency - us home and away, Killie 1st and 2nd half's on Saturday.

Did Aberdeen not also have this problem of lacking confidence playing in front of their own support and played better away from home?

FYIB - Pints taken! Change pints to points, still thinking of the weekend!

However I was perhaps raising the issue that all the lower league teams seem to be able to raise their games and not just us. Therefore, playing against them is no longer a 'gimmie' but depends on their game on that day. It must be doing managers heads in to have to deal with this inconsistency - us home and away, Killie 1st and 2nd half's on Saturday.

Did Aberdeen not also have this problem of lacking confidence playing in front of their own support and played better away from home?

Good point made by Mr. Spectre.

It drives me bonkers too, watching the opposition wander up the pitch to the halfway line before anyway pays any attention to them. St Mirren was a classic example.

Unlike when you are playing away to say Celtic or Rangers, when they make it hard for you to get the ball out of your own 6 yard box, is this not what we should be doing at home?

St Mirren

Nobody spot the deliberate mistake here?!

:rotflmao:

Not deliberate, just a blunder, we all make them.

Hopefully the team we support have made all theirs this season I have no doubt that I have many more to make during my posts here but I am sure that my blunders will not be letting anyone down except for any Falkirk fans who are taking a great interest in this thread, I apologise profusely to those Falkirk fans I have let down and the ICT team who beat them.

Still not fecking good enough though.

Alex MacLeod---your comment about ICT not using the width of the pitch and not using the wings echos my sentiments entirely.

When you see both teams crowding out the middle of the park one can't help wondering why.?Last time I was at Tulloch my pal remarked to me that his umbrella could cover all the players on the pitch. :rotflmao:

:thumb04: