FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mark Brown

starchief

He looked a shadow of the player he was. No way would he displace Esson on that form.

In saying that, thought the Dons played well - hmm might be stating the obvious there as they won 4-2. Diamond was outstanding in the back four. Mulgrew is approaching player of the season. McDonald and Severin excellent in midfield. Alonko always dangerous and Duff is some player. Seems to get dropped every now and then so maybe not consistent but most times I've seen him, I've been hugely impressed.

Because he is an excellent keeper who according to the tabloids wont be at Celtic much longer. He didnt have a great game today but as we know from his time with us needs a run of games to build confidence. I think he would not necessarily displace Esson just now but would be an asset to any SPL team

Guest Muir-Jaggie

he wont come back on the money the club would offer him. when he was with us he was a good shot stopper and thats about it. looking at the game the day, it would take him a while to get back on form, cant see him pushing esson out the nets. when he left to join celtic he said in the paper that he was sick of doing the same training over and over.

In the (few) games he has had at celtic, he has indeed looked a shadow of his former self, the worst keeper in the SPL in fact. He has it in him somewhere to get back to what he was if he moves sooner rather than later and gets first team football again.

Guest Brewstermustgonow

He looked a shadow of the player he was. No way would he displace Esson on that form.

In saying that, thought the Dons played well - hmm might be stating the obvious there as they won 4-2. Diamond was outstanding in the back four. Mulgrew is approaching player of the season. McDonald and Severin excellent in midfield. Alonko always dangerous and Duff is some player. Seems to get dropped every now and then so maybe not consistent but most times I've seen him, I've been hugely impressed.

Severin is a centre back these days and Duff has been out injured for months, not dropped.

he wont come back on the money the club would offer him. when he was with us he was a good shot stopper and thats about it. looking at the game the day, it would take him a while to get back on form, cant see him pushing Esson out the nets. when he left to join celtic he said in the paper that he was sick of doing the same training over and over.

if he gets released from Celtic as the papers are suggesting then he'll have to take what offers are open to him. He was signed on good wages before the credit crunch and i think most players are now aware the wage drops are not uncommon unless your signing for man city! i dont think any SPL club would match his wages currently.

His shot stopping was immense when he was here, his only deficiencies when he was he was command of the area and possibly kicking, two areas which can be improved upon. He would still be a valuable asset IMO.

with regards to training im sure that we employed a goalkeeping coach after he left so id guess goalkeeper training would have changed

anyway looks like Fraser could be off to Motherwell so we'll need a new keeper

Who cares where Mark Brown finishes up... He's history now... Time to move on.

We've got a superb keeper in place, and a first class back up.

One thing is pretty sure.... Brown won't want to move to a Div1 club, destined for part-time football.