FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

there's a couple of articles in the sporting life and scotsman i just seen with comments on brewsters sacking from barry wilson, from russell duncan saying the players are crapping it over their futures now with a new boss coming in and from 10 cc offering his services! theres a link from the bbc site or any one of you computer literate fellas might do one if anyone wants a read !

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did Robbo fail at Hearts? 'Coz he left rather than be mad Vlad's plaything? Did Burley also fail at Hearts? Did Fergie fail because he was sacked at St Mirren? And what lifestyle is wrong? Coz he's a bit overweight? Always has been. Seen Paul Sturrock? Huge! Great manager though.

When did Robbo fail at Hearts? 'Coz he left rather than be mad Vlad's plaything? Did Burley also fail at Hearts? Did Fergie fail because he was sacked at St Mirren? And what lifestyle is wrong? Coz he's a bit overweight? Always has been. Seen Paul Sturrock? Huge! Great manager though.

dont talk drivel. you obviously do not know the guy

please not robbo, time for a new direction.

i know it will cost to pay for a new manager, but if the board show a little foresight, in that we will lose significantly more money than we would need to spend in compensation for a decent manager if we get relegated.

neale cooper anyone?

brian reid?

at the very least an experienced man is needed, no-one along the lines of mccinnes.

I like the idea of giving someone the job until the end of the season with the criteria of trying to save us from relegation and then to readdress the issue. I would like to go for either Craig Brown or Robbo for that job.

Craig Brown is obviously VERY experienced (I think we need this at the moment) and has one of the best records of any Scottish international manager and would get immediate respect from the players. Robbo is local, knows and likes the club and would I think be keen to take the job.

Robbo local!!! I dont think so I thought he was Edinburgh born and bred.

I might be wrong though as my mate says he is from the Heathmount

Until reading the U19 thread I had forgotten all about Alec Cleland (ex pro - North and South of the border with good coaching experience at Livi and ICT) - could he be given the job until the end of season with CC and A N OTHER in a support role....?

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Robbo local!!! I dont think so I thought he was Edinburgh born and bred.

I might be wrong though as my mate says he is from the Heathmount

Local, because he lives (and works) in Inverness, you can't get anymore local than that

doesnt mean he is local.. he is edinburgh through and through and that will not change.

You can take a donkey all the way round the world but when it gets back it is still a feckin donkey.

dont talk drivel. you obviously do not know the guy

I don't. What do you mean then?

Butcher sounds interesting, but 'one of those sources' tells me that Robbo, Stevie Frail, John Mcglynn & Donald Park are the top 4

Why would Frail be a candidate? His record at Hearts was worse than Robbo. McGlynn fills his team with ex Hearts players and Hearts loan signings and failed to get promotion last season with a full time team. Do we really need a first time manager in Parkie? If that is the short list. Help. How is Pele's health these days?

Brewster had been living on borrowed time at the top flight's most no.rtherly club. The Inverness directors had been seeking his successor for several weeks and he would have been removed from his position earlier if they had received a positive response from potential replacements.

:rotflmao:

doesnt mean he is local.. he is edinburgh through and through and that will not change.

You can take a donkey all the way round the world but when it gets back it is still a feckin donkey.

He is local if he lives locally. I never said he was born in Inverness, I am well aware that he was not born in Inverness. What I mean is, if he were to take the job then he would not need to re-locate as he lives locally already.

reporter in central belt has just told me about a butcher/pressley rumour that is growing momentum. they are working together with scotland just now and are in the frame as mngr and asst mngr at ICT.

with all due respect i dont think the need to flit is an obstacle in modern day football.

It is for a lot of people. Some people in the central belt seem to think that Inveness is in the back of beyond and our geographical position has certainly hindered us in the past when it come to signing players/managers. One for example would be Ally McCoist who was offered the job in the past and only turned it down on the basis that we were situated too far north and he didn't want to be that far away from his family.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

After a poor run of results, including only 5 wins in 23 matches, and under increasing pressure from the fans who had been chanting the name of former boss Martin Allen, he left Brentford on 11 December 2007. Now Scotland's assistant manager

do we really want terry butcher??? he hasnt had a good run with any team for a while