FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

Sunday Herald, still has Robbo as the front runner, so it 's still clear as mud

Just read that. Don't know what we're supposed to believe. Blackieforce mentions earier in this thread that Robbo claimed in commentary that he hadn't been asked for an interview. And yet:

"Robertson was interviewed by his friend, club chief executive Graeme Bennett, and chairman George Fraser at an Inverness hotel on Friday. Terms were discussed which would see Robertson take over until the end of the season, with the option of a longer contract depending on whether Caley Thistle were still in the SPL or relegated to the First Division."

So is Robbo just being coy? Or is the Sunday Herald writing p!sh?

mmm someone somewhere is lying,robbo saaid yesterday during ict commentary no-one from club had contacted him,and if he ddint hear today he thought he would be out the running

Maybe it is another journalistic error and it should have been Saturday evening in an Edinburgh hotel.... :rotflmao:

Dalglish's name was just fer a laff but how anybody can consider the guy did not have a great managerial career especially if you can rememebr what the Blackburn team was like when he first took over.... (also only the 3rd manager to win english championships with two different clubs - the others Clough and Chapman - good company I would say). Also a true legend as a player.... Ardiles or Dalglish - no contest - unfortunately he has retired and will not be coming.... :thumb04:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interviewed on friday night ,he is not going to say anything as he would be told to keep quiet, if you heard bennet on radio he was saying that there is a need to get some one that does not mind staying in inverness ,ROBBO

Maybe it is another journalistic error and it should have been Saturday evening in an Edinburgh hotel.... :rotflmao:

wishful thinking on robbo,s behalf i think as both parties in edinburgh on sat evening

interviewed on friday night ,he is not going to say anything as he would be told to keep quiet, if you heard bennet on radio he was saying that there is a need to get some one that does not mind staying in inverness ,ROBBO

why would he be told to keep quiet? everyone knows he applied for it,so what if hes interviewed the club just looking at all options.makes grassa/fraser/the board look silly if hes saying hes had no contact from the club(on there say so) then gets the job on tuesday

Yes but whats to say he didnt get a call today ?

could of done,but club saying yesterday they had 2 interviews to conduct today and tommorrow,if they havent contacted robbo how do they know if hes available on those days?

Its only Blackiefarce that thinks King Kenny didnt have a hugely successful managerial career though she / he seems unwilling to give examples of hugely successful managers . :rotflmao:

i dont need to prove anything to anyone about managers,but lets say alex ferguson as 1,please lets get back on topic, as neither has a chance of being ict manager

Maybe the club has no intention of interviewing Robbo?

thats the impression i got when hearing robbo on radio yetserday,and i think some other people have stated on here the board didnt include him on the shortlist,but at the end of the day who really knows apart from grassa/fraser/robbo

the board have sense, they know that a new direction is needed with a new experienced manager. robbo isn't the way to go this time. maybe for the future when we are safe for the season, but not now. the pressure on him would be immense, the fans would expect an instant response and i think it just wouldn't materialise.

You've lost me guys , what text message ?

The flatmate of someone Caley Stan and I were at the game with apparently went to school with Butcher's son. The guy came out for a pint with us later and texted someone he said was Butcher jnr to ask what his dad's attitude to the ICT job was. He got a reply saying something along the lines of Tel not wanting the job because the club was too much of a mess at the moment. I didn't mention in it my earlier posts because I couldn't be 100% sure it was a true source, but I don't think the guy we were with had any reason to be talking bullsh!t. Assuming the text was genuinely from a Butcher, we still don't know whether Butcher jnr really knows what his dad is thinking, or whather El Tel could be persuaded to change his mind. I'd still be quite keen on him.

You've lost me guys , what text message ?

The flatmate of someone Caley Stan and I were at the game with apparently went to school with Butcher's son. The guy came out for a pint with us later and texted someone he said was Butcher jnr to ask what his dad's attitude to the ICT job was. He got a reply saying something along the lines of Tel not wanting the job because the club was too much of a mess at the moment. I didn't mention in it my earlier posts because I couldn't be 100% sure it was a true source, but I don't think the guy we were with had any reason to be talking bullsh!t. Assuming the text was genuinely from a Butcher, we still don't know whether Butcher jnr really knows what his dad is thinking, or whather El Tel could be persuaded to change his mind. I'd still be quite keen on him.

Sure it wasn't Frank Butcher?