FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has a vast network of contacts in the game but has he ever managed? would love to see him as assistant manager if not

If not Robertson then both Knox and Calderwood appeal to me (but I don't think Calderwood is in contention) and if Knox is a serious candidate then he would be a good appoitment from a coaching perspective - interestingly the latest odds have changed again - they now show Ardiles as favourite just ahead of Robertson and McCall third....and Herr Krauss has appeared on the list....

Ossie Ardiles 2

John Robertson 5/2

Ian McCall 4

Terry Butcher 9/2

Barry Wilson 6

Archie Knox 8

Gordon Chisholm 11

Bern Krauss 12

Willie Donnachie 12

Chris Sutton 14

Derek McInnes 14

Kevin MacDonald 14

Charlie Christie 16

Steven Pressley 16

Eric Black 16

Neale Cooper 20

Colin Calderwood 20

Stevie Frail 20

Bruce Rioch 20

Maurice Malpas 22

Alex Rae 22

Colin Hendry 25

Jim Duffy 25

Derek Adams 28

Duncan Shearer 33

Craig Brown 33

Steve Paterson 33

Bobby Williamson 33

I would have absolutely no problem with Knox, and as I posted earlier, I reckon he would be the ideal man to take the likes of Charlie and/or Barry under his wing and groom them for the future.

Latest odds..........

Manager Specials - Next Permanent Inverness Manager

SelectionsOdds Ossie Ardiles7/4 Archie Knox9/4 John Robertson10/3 Terry Butcher5/1 Ian McCall11/2 Barry Wilson8/1 Chris Sutton10/1 Willie Donnachie12/1 Maurice Malpas12/1 Gordon Chisholm12/1 Derek McInnes14/1 Bern Krauss14/1 Kevin MacDonald14/1 Steven Pressley16/1 Eric Black16/1 Charlie Christie16/1 Stevie Frail20/1 Colin Calderwood20/1 Neale Cooper20/1 Bruce Rioch20/1 Alex Rae22/1 Colin Hendry25/1 Jim Duffy25/1 Derek Adams28/1 Bobby Williamson33/1 Craig Brown33/1 Duncan Shearer33/1 Steve Paterson33/1

I would have absolutely no problem with Knox, and as I posted earlier, I reckon he would be the ideal man to take the likes of Charlie and/or Barry under his wing and groom them for the future.

While that would be an ideal situation, whoever comes into should be allowed to bring in their own assistant manager and coaching staff. Look what happened the last time we foisted an assistant on a new manager.

The thing that worries me about Knox is that he's most recognised as an assistant manager ? :rotflmao:

It's a fair point, but in terms of experience in that role, contacts in the game and respect as a coach, he's surely the top canditate. This guy has worked with Alex Ferguson, Walter Smith and Craig Brown during some of their most successful periods. His knowledge of tactics and ability to foster a team spirit are said by those men to be top class. I think this would be a really exciting appointment.

Latest odds..........

SelectionsOdds Ossie Ardiles7/4 Archie Knox9/4 John Robertson10/3 Terry Butcher5/1 Ian McCall11/2 Barry Wilson8/1 Chris Sutton10/1 Willie Donnachie12/1 Maurice Malpas12/1 Gordon Chisholm12/1 Derek McInnes14/1 Bern Krauss14/1 Kevin MacDonald14/1 Steven Pressley16/1 Eric Black16/1 Charlie Christie16/1 Stevie Frail20/1 Colin Calderwood20/1 Neale Cooper20/1 Bruce Rioch20/1 Alex Rae22/1 Colin Hendry25/1 Jim Duffy25/1 Derek Adams28/1 Bobby Williamson33/1 Craig Brown33/1 Duncan Shearer33/1 Steve Paterson33/1

The big movers from this morning's odds seem to be Knox 8/1 to 9/4 and Sutton 14/1 to 13/2 with the biggest mover Malpas (this one is worrying) from 22/1 to 12/1....and Ardiles has been shortened further from 2/1 to 7/4....somebody must be laying big money somewhere....

Still none the wiser though.... :rotflmao:

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

somebody must be laying big money somewhere....

How do you think the ICT Board are financing the new signings?

That must explain why Paul Lambert has just been added to the list at 25/1.... :thumb04:

See Barry is also now down to 14/1....McCall slipping also (phew....) :rotflmao:

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

The thing that worries me about Knox is that he's most recognised as an assistant manager ? :rotflmao:

I don't think archie knox being prodominantly an assistant manager would be much of a stumbling block. Working with Fergie in the past could only be a good thing, and clearly fergie thought highly of him.

he's his own man and would have his own ideas and has been around long enough to know what it takes

plus if we were ever in trouble he could just get the great man on the blower for any ideas, loan moves like ronaldo or rooney etc :thumb04:

Latest odds..........

The big movers from this morning's odds seem to be Knox 8/1 to 9/4 and Sutton 14/1 to 13/2 with the biggest mover Malpas (this one is worrying) from 22/1 to 12/1....and Ardiles has been shortened further from 2/1 to 7/4....somebody must be laying big money somewhere....

Still none the wiser though.... :thumb04:

Has Grassa been seen in the bookies by any chance! :rotflmao:

Been doing some thinking about Robbo, he's still the fans favourite is fighting a clever campaign and that puts a certain pressure on the club, I get the feeling Money may Talk.

Robbo would take the job on for considerably less than many other candidates. The board know this, no big relocation package required for him either.

Given the club had to pay off Brewster, the financial advantages of appointing Robbo might grudgingly swing some of the board in his favour.

I would hope the club are looking beyond wages alone as their main criteria for choosing a manager. They have to choose the candidate they feel has the best chance of reversing our freefall, whoever that may be.

Relegation to the first division has been quoted by some chairmen who have been in this position (or in the relegation zone at least) as costing a club about 2 MILLION pounds in lost revenue and the parachute payment doesnt come anywhere close to that ...... with a better Setanta deal coming into force next season and higher prize money, that number could be even higher.

I happen to believe Robbo is one of 3 or 4 potential candidates that could keep us up, but the board have to choose wisely .... discard the fanciful names who have no managerial experience or who have a history of failure, discard those we truly can't afford or who see it as a short term commitment or another part-time job, and get down to the nitty gritty of choosing someone who will devote their time into rebuilding a decent bunch of lads into a cohesive team who fight for each other and the club on the park.

The thing that worries me about Knox is that he's most recognised as an assistant manager ? :thumb04:

I don't think archie knox being prodominantly an assistant manager would be much of a stumbling block. Working with Fergie in the past could only be a good thing, and clearly fergie thought highly of him.

:018:

So did Steve MacLaren :rotflmao:

If the likes of Fergie are thinking highly of Archie Knox then i say take him.

He may have never managed before but i think this could be a good stage for him to start at. Having just been around clubs like Man U and Blackburn etc then i think his experience could be vital.

If the likes of Fergie are thinking highly of Archie Knox then i say take him.

He may have never managed before but i think this could be a good stage for him to start at. Having just been around clubs like Man U and Blackburn etc then i think his experience could be vital.

Never really proved himself as an out and out manager.

Great coach all the same....