FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

why all this talk of butcher ? the only time he has done anything is at muvverwell with a team he inherited, he has failed miserably everywhere else he has been , brentford anyone ?

I think the talk of Butcher has come about as he was apparently spotted in the Corrie last night with Bennett, I dont know how true this is but I also got a text from someone that works in there to say that they were in there last night

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Butcher a failure everywhere? Coventry - guided them safely from the relegation zone, whilst making a profit from the club - a surprise sacking. Sunderland - kept them in roughly the same position they were in but avoided the threat of relegation, so average. Motherwell - successful. Brentford - have you seen how many managers they go through? No time to establish his own team. Sydney FC - a director calling for his head after a fortnight? Again, what hope was there?

He wouldn't be my favourite but I think his poor management skills are grossly over-exaggerated.

I would like to be the next manager. My Assistant would be IHE, he would also double as the team psychologist.

I would re-hire Brew as the fitness coach, and approach Barry to work with the younger lads and be the reserve team manager, as well as joining me and IHE in the dug-out.

I'm certain it's NOT going to be Robbo - with his postings on here possibly being the final factor. Personally, I think that while his thread appeared honest and laudible at the time, it's blurred people's opinions of what things were like while he was here. yes, we won promotion, yes he was rather a character but his record since leaving haven't done anything to make me think he's the one to get us out of this. His intentions and plans seem great, but at this very vulnerable stage in our short history, I think it's time to move forwards and also look to someone with proven experience. We've gone to previous managers before, but don't under-estimate the club's pull, it is a reasonably established SPL club and there are only 11 others in the country. Just because someone is local and wants the job doesn't mean we should give it to them!

I reckon it's going to be Butcher and I'd be delighted with that. I believe the board have made their choice which is why things are quiet. I'm not going to make any wild claims, but I've had hints of what is happening and if they are proved correct, I'm happy. Just a bit odd that they let Brewster make 3 signings when his future was obviously in doubt all along!

I'm not really convinced we should be going down the bring back [insert applicable name here] route. It's been proven time and time again that it's never the same second time round. Brewster coming back here has proved that more than anything. As much as I love Pele, CC and Robbo I don't feel that it would be the best option for the club to re-appoint anyone.

I wouldn't be adverse to Rioch or Brown coming in. An experienced old head could be just what we need. Maybe even teamed with a young up and coming assistant to groom and take over the reigns (someone like Bazza). One of these two can provide exactly what we need - some tactical consistency and everyone knowing their position and job. The tactics and team tombola can be lobbed in the bin please.

I would like to be the next manager. My Assistant would be IHE, he would also double as the team psychologist.

I would re-hire Brew as the fitness coach, and approach Barry to work with the younger lads and be the reserve team manager, as well as joining me and IHE in the dug-out.

I would bring fit players from Latvia as long as I get the half time pies!!! now it is coming together, IHE psychologist or Psychiatrist, only asked!!!

I'm not really convinced we should be going down the bring back [insert applicable name here] route. It's been proven time and time again that it's never the same second time round. Brewster coming back here has proved that more than anything. As much as I love Pele, CC and Robbo I don't feel that it would be the best option for the club to re-appoint anyone.

Are you talking about managers only here? because I could mention a player, who left us recently, who made more than an adequate return to this club.

Horses for courses I say.

Guest WynessLegend

I thought this topic would surface befor now. However...my tuppence worth is...who ever is brought in...may well be on a 6 month contract to see the lye of the land after that time.

I would like to see a PROVEN manager brought in. I have nothing against Robbo....but, for me, he has had his turn and we have been the guinea pig for enuff rookie managers. Lets try a different approach

He did win the double with us in his last full season in charge.

How much proof do you need?

Robbo come home.

I am proud to be one of the whingers who wanted Brewster out.

We have got to bring someone better than Robbo to the club and I do not think his lifestyle fits the role of manager of such a potentially big club. As I stated yesterday I would think big and get a higher profile person in and my choice would be one of our own. A PROUD HIGHLANDER who reached the higher echelons of the game and has served a 12 year coaching and management apprenticeship at Aston Villa (twice) and as Assistant Manager of Ireland.

Kevin McDonald ex Caley, Leiscester, Liverpool, Rangers, Coventry and Walsall is the man for the job and I think he could bring a high profile backroom team and some interesting new signings to the club.

Lets set our sights higher than Robbo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_MacDonald_(footballer)

Edited by DRAGAN

Are you talking about managers only here? because I could mention a player, who left us recently, who made more than an adequate return to this club.

Horses for courses I say.

I am speaking about managers as opposed to players. I'm sure there are examples of it working out but more often than not it ends in tears (Keegan etc.) second time round.

Firstly Butcher - great player - a great manager NO

Robbo - don't think he will be offered it but would not be disappointed if he was

CC - should definitely be given interim charge of team - club should not be looking any further

Long term replacement - it is unusual for a club these days not to have a replacement in the wings when this occurs but then again I didn't expect them to force Brewster out so who knows....

May have previously said Collins but he is now in Belgium with Charleroi but if the club are really considering Butcher (surely this is just a rumour) then Calderwood (Colin) may be equally as feasible....

I would bring fit players from Latvia as long as I get the half time pies!!! now it is coming together, IHE psychologist or Psychiatrist, only asked!!!

Actually, most of us are a bit more interested in ICT staying up than your posts on here about Inverness not signing Latvians. If they're good enough, show them to the next manager.