FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Robbo should be put in charge as of now. He has a track record, knows the story, has been a regular spectator, is Inverness minded. Then at the end of the season, start a real recruitment process, given that Robbo might just have a head start.

We need a response NOW! And Grassa aint the answer.

WTF? :rotflmao: Gordy are you sure you're not really from Glesga?

Kevin MacDonald. Could be a good time in his career to move into the spotlight and he'd definitely get the attention should we escape relegation.

We need someone with experience. Now is not the time to try and blood another rookie. My preference would be Colin Calderwood but, if he's not within our budget, Robbo would be a safe pair of hands at least on a trial basis until the end of the season although I have doubts about how Robbo would do without Donald Park.

Ok thus far these names have been suggested:

Pressley - no

Robbo - maybe

Terry Butcher - yes, did well to save Motherwell when in admin and facing relegation

Bobby Williamson - Im really in two minds on one hand he did well with Killie and was doing ok at hibs but did awful in England, but is now a Uganan national hero it seems. so i dunno.

Sergio Makarian - no nothing about him

Steve from Exeter - id take a punt. A completely fresh face to SPL football gives chances for a fresh assessment without bias. All the players really have to prove themselves.

Kevin MacDonald - nah

Kenny Black - nah, succeeded by Butcher at Well

Craig Brown- Maybe

We won't get Derek McInnes as their looking at promotion, we would not get Billy Reid as he's picked it up at Accies

I'd put a shout in for John Bomber Brown again. Doing a hard hard job at Clyde. Would command respect. Surely has a host of contacts. ( also maybe we could sign Laudrup and Albertz :rotflmao: )

The board have to get this right as they waited to long to get rid of Brew, whoever comes in has a very difficult job to do.

Well you regular posters, you have won, what has been is going to be the next manager.

I advised re' a good defender from Latvia , the manager took heed, now he has gone!!! so do the others in the sidelines I spoke to wait???

My avatar says it all from my opinion.

Yes but I would be surprised if it happened, pleasantly surprised though !!!!

Seems you are living in the past El GRINGO, past his best , too much whisky !! and he is not a gardener!!! the board won't like him

I think Butcher might be a decent shout. Has experience up here, did OK with Motherwell, knows the scene in in the SPL and I reckon he would be a good motivator and a better communicator than Brewster. I suspect he'd command the players' respect more too.

I'd also be happy enough with Craig Brown - seems to be a bit of an arm-around-the-shoulder type, which the squad probably needs at the moment, and again he has a lot of experience, although he's not managed in the Scottish leagues for a long time.

Like a lot of people, I have reservations about Robbo. He did a good job here in the first division, but reappointing managers almost never works and his SPL experience is more limited than, for example, Butcher's. If he were to be appointed, however, and we did go down, I think he might do a decent job for us in the SFL. Certainly if he is appointed, I'll back him all the way.

I don't think it's the time to appoint an outsider from, say, the lower leagues in England. Whoever the new manager is going to have to work with the squad he has and try to motivate them against the rest of the SPL. I think a manager with limited knowledge of the SPL is more likely to want to bring his own players in and will also be at a disadvantage when it comes to planning tactics against the other SPL clubs that he's never managed against before.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Colin Calderwood - NOOOO. Same style of hump it up the park as Brew

GARY MCALISTER - respect but took Leeds from promotion certainties to absolute also rans this year

TEL BUTCHER - Think he would be good. Cant think of WHY NOT.

ROBBO - Only thing against him is its going backwards again. But him and Brew were different entirely and we played better football with Robbo. Remember how well he did at Pittodrie wih us

BRUCE RIOCH- Experience, driven, successful. Little knowledge of SPL. I would not say no though.

JIM DUFFY- I would be delighted with him taking over. Experience and respect.

ERIC BLACK - A big gamble. certainly has potential, but is it time to put your last ?50 on an unknown quantity at the bookies. It could work.

CRAIG BROWN - Absolutely NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

ALEX SMITH - Desperation

JIMMY NICOL - Might be convinced. Didnt do to bad at Raith but it was a long time ago

JOHN BROWN - Think it would not be the worst to pick. Big enough name to get players up here

I do wish that we had CRAIG LEVEIN available. We missed him by 2 weeks when he got the utd gig