FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Why Has Terry Not Quit Scotland?

Strathman

Best wishes to the new manager. Though his overall managerial record is not the best he did very well at Motherwell after they went into administration.

What does concern me is that he has not resigned his Scotland post. Surely the job here is massive and demands one hundred per cent of his efforts. By staying with Scotland he is only creating a rod for his own back.

If we get beat after a Scotland game he will get slaughtered.

I remember Alex Miller doing the same at Aberdeen and that ended it tears. (Was it a dream or did he really sit beside Benitez in the dugout)

So come on Terry give Scotland a miss and you will have more chance of success.

Probably because ICT can afford to pay a contract to him that allowed him to relinquish Setanta, but could not meet one that would have met his Scotland & Setanta wages. Allowing him to keep one of the jobs is what could be termed a compromise !

I don't think the Scotland gig will be a hindrance .... SPL games are not scheduled on International dates. In fact, being with the Scotland setup could be a benefit as ICT players may get a more serious look-in because he wouldnt base his opinions on one or two games, and players from "unfashionable" clubs in the Scotland or U21 setup might be persuaded to come to the club where he is the manager.......

Unsure how this will pan out but am keeping an open mind. Who knows maybe he could even bring in players that will not only help us stay in the SPL (altho he has to be quick in signin them) but maybe even get us to launch a decent challenge for the top 6 if not this season (and yes i know it seems like a lifetime away wi the depth of the sh*te were in) but next season when he has a better idea of where needs to be strengthened and who could do exactly that and then take it from there.

being with the Scotland setup could be a benefit as ICT players may get a more serious look-in

I hope not!! I'd like to qualify for the World Cup! :rotflmao:

I dont know if Vigurs and Duff can gain expierence on the international stage then i have no doubt in my mind that it may benefit us as well if we tie them down on long term contracts

Edited by ictbetterthanthehighlands

Guest Murdock

How about this for a scenario?

Butcher is in a training session with Scotland players. The inside knowledge he gets in this training session allows him to identify a weakness with a player in the Scotland set up that has not been seen by watching him play in the league. He takes this knowledge back to Inverness and trains our players to exploit this weakness in our next game against the player's team.

Suddenly the Scotland job is a bonus to us.

Not worried at all. Infact I see it as a positive, connections, insider knowledge, prestige, knowledge, ....

I think its a good thing

Yup, I would agree with all that. We've never had a manager who's coached at that sort of level before and I think his experience and knowledge will be quite useful to us.

I don't see why it is such a big deal. Bruce Arena was manager of the New York/New Jersey Metrostars and the USA team at the same time. Guus Hiddink was manager of PSV Eindhoven and Australia at the same time. So I don't see how being manager of ICT and having a part time job at Scotland (a team that only have a handfull of games a year, some of which are meaningless friendlies), would hurt ICT.

I don't see why it is such a big deal. Bruce Arena was manager of the New York/New Jersey Metrostars and the USA team at the same time. Guus Hiddink was manager of PSV Eindhoven and Australia at the same time. So I don't see how being manager of ICT and having a part time job at Scotland (a team that only have a handfull of games a year, some of which are meaningless friendlies), would hurt ICT.

Totally agree. There are more pluses than minuses for ICT in Butcher's Scotland connection.

Totally agree. There are more pluses than minuses for ICT in Butcher's Scotland connection.

Also agreed.. as long as the Scotland job doesn't distract him from what needs done here.

Scotland only play about 5 times a year so it shouldn't be a problem. We don't play when Scotland do. TB has quit his Setanta job so IMHO he's shown commitment to ICT already. We have never had such a high profile manager, and his experience from the Scotland set-up can only help us.

I see it as a very strong position for us. More chance of our players being noticed. More chance that some of our players, who show some talent, being even more motivated to do well. Contacts. People wanting to play for us to get noticed. The list is endless. And if Butchers away he has a very capable No.2 that can stand in.

Scotland only play about 5 times a year so it shouldn't be a problem. We don't play when Scotland do. TB has quit his Setanta job so IMHO he's shown commitment to ICT already. We have never had such a high profile manager, and his experience from the Scotland set-up can only help us.

agree with that

face it we have a part time manager ,

Which is a definite impovement in comparison with what we have had to suffer fer the last two years !!

I am not sure whether there are that many positives at the moment - BUT - If we stay up and Butcher decides to carry on - then there are MEGA positives.

Lets face it - Butcher has one goal to aim for this season.

Part time manager? Don't think so. He only goes away a few times in a year, and even then he will leave all the coaching staff here, then be back in time for our games.

in the words of burley , his new role wont affect his position with the national side , we are both absolutely committed to Scotland and taking the country to the world cup finals next year ,as i said part time manager , i can hear the excuses already