FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Threat Of Relegation

Kingsmills

I know that demotion to the first division would be a huge reverse for the club and a financial disaster after a decade and a half of general upward progress but does anyone else share my view that the relegation battle itself is actually not entirely a bad thing adding much needed spice to the final third of the season.

Our first season in the SPL was a huge adventure and the fact that we'd more or less secured our league status by this time didn't diminish the novelty especially after returning to the Longman from Pittodrie.

Since then, however, until this season, we've been so consistent that by this time of the year, apart from a couple of occasions when we've had an outside chance of a top six finish, there's been little or nothing to play for other than pride. No prospect of relegation, absolutely no chance of competing for the title or even a UEFA Cup place and a succession of fixtures where only place money is at stake. Important for the club treasurer and the players' bonuses but hardly inspiring for the fans.

Frankly, for the past 4 seasons the tale end of the season's been a bit stale but this season has the potential for every game to be critically important until the very end. If I'm honest I've not looked forward to the end of a season so much since our promotion year.

Does anyone else feel the same ?

If you want 1st division football I don't think you will have too long to wait. So far I hav'nt seen anything to get excited by on the transfer front, three out at the end of season on pre contract agreements (if not sooner), a bunch of temps brought in to the end of the season to attempt a rescue bid and a load of long in the tooth players who regularly misfire, its looking very bleak.

If we do drop a division then things will get worse, the temps will go and I can see other players heading off to pastures new as ICT can't offer the money teams in the south can. This will require a massive team rebuilding programme and that will take time to achieve.

At least you will have something to look forward to at the end of this season as we face a relegation dog fight of epic proportions.

Personally I feel it is more about our Cup performances - If we were a mid table SPL team I would be relatively happy - but we were brought up with the excitement - and positives - of our Cup runs. I bet if we hit a semi or even a final that our fan base would be satisfied.

I fear if we drop now - not that I enjoy the SFL and its better away days - but we are gaining support becos of our SPL status and we need to keep it. But the muppets on the Board have pushed us very close to relegation. Hopefully Butcher will be our saviour.

I think the board finally realise how close we are to the drop. Money has been conjured up. Butcher has been brought in and he's targeted a few experienced players. Players who he knows well and who have performed for him in the past. Players who are desperate to get back to winning ways and who will perform for him again. For the first time since our Ibrox drubbing I feel confident for the future.

I think the board finally realise how close we are to the drop. Money has been conjured up. Butcher has been brought in and he's targeted a few experienced players. Players who he knows well and who have performed for him in the past. Players who are desperate to get back to winning ways and who will perform for him again. For the first time since our Ibrox drubbing I feel confident for the future.

I think the Board KNEW how close they were to the chop.

What a difference a week makes...this time last week i was dreading going to Tynecastle, but 7 days later we have

a new manager

a potential 4 new faces to the squad on top of Morias, Theirry & Pavel

A new honesty from our new manager

And a new motivation and belief from the players

Bring it on i say, i cant wait for Celtic and the remaining 15 games.

WE ALL KNOW CAN BEAT THE DROP

WE ALL KNOW WE CAN GET BACK THE FORTRESS THAT THE TULLOCH STADIUM ONCE WAS

I BELIEVE, SO LETS ALL OF US AT THE GAME ON SUNDAY SHOW THE TEAM AND THE MANAGEMENT THAT WE ALL BELIEVE.

to quote Anarchy in the UK- " GET OF YOUR AAAARSEE"

Edited by BornCaley

Glory Glory Terry Butcher

As the Caley Jags go marching on on on!

I THINK HE CAN BE OUR SAVIOUR AFTER A PERIOD OF MANAGERIAL AND BOARD INCOMPETENCE

We shall no we shall not go down

We shall no we shall not go down

Not with Big Tel and Maurice at the helm

We shall not go down.

We''ll play another season in the SPL

Play another season in the SPL

Cos we've got players who want to join a winning team

We shall not go down

It will certainly make the final few months very intresting yes. Knowing that for once we have got everything to play for so there will be no excuse to sit back once the split fixtures are decided.

Hopefully if we stay up in our final home game there will be a pitch invasion. I miss them :rotflmao:

St mirren V Falkirk - Home win

Falkirk V Hamilton - Draw

Hibs v Falkirk - Home win

Falkirk V Dund. UTD - Away win

Celtic V Falkirk - Home win

Giving them at best 4 - 6 points.

Inverness CT V Celtic

Dundee Utd V Inverness CT

Inverness CT V Hibernian

Inverness CT V Motherwell

Rangers V Inverness CT

Inverness CT V Kilmarnock

Giving us 7 points, +/- 1

MEANING we could be heading into the game V falkirk 3 points behind...how amazing will that game be?we lose...were down. Imagine a replica of the hamilton game but mabe a bigger support at falkirk away...the club put on free busses...we win...even on points and in with a real chance of staying up! bring on bottom six!