FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

When Will We Get Our Own Identity?

Guest birdog

Caledonia would be awful. Far too cheesy and cringeworthy.

I would much prefer an original number, penned by an ICT fan somewhere. How about the Supporters Trust organize a competition and fund a decent prize to the winner?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everton play the Z Cars tune before KO

at this rate you guys will have the PA playing the Take The High Road theme tune before kick off

get a grip guys please

I get the impression you're not a highlander DRAGAN. Cos if you were you'd know that 'Take the High Road' was a central belt programme.

lets not try to manufacture a false image.

lets just keep developing naturally instead of singing that soppy shi##.

One of the few sensible posts on this thread.

What did fans of the world's greatest clubs sing in the first 15 years of their existence? Nothing.

I was reading a thread on P&B about an old Sellick fan who used to write songs and sell copies to the crowds before matches,many of these songs are still in use, are we not going down the same road here, trying to find our song? Trying to get fans on the same wavelength, signing from the same hymnsheet?

lets not try to manufacture a false image.

lets just keep developing naturally instead of singing that soppy shi##.

One of the few sensible posts on this thread.

What did fans of the world's greatest clubs sing in the first 15 years of their existence? Nothing.

Are you talking about us! If we dont get some new songs or some good songs that can help create anidentity over the tannoy it will be nothing for the next 15 years as well!

Everyone should sing the Life SUpport Machine song, you don't hear that one anymore do you?

This song that started "When we went to Buckie" was great, and could be adapted to suit our current league status. Not sure how it would sit with ex-jaggies during the chorus though.

at this rate you guys will have the PA playing the Take The High Road theme tune before kick off

get a grip guys please

I get the impression you're not a highlander DRAGAN. Cos if you were you'd know that 'Take the High Road' was a central belt programme.

I am a born and bred highlander and caley jags until I die.

The tune you are going on about was written by a born and bred lowlander. Get your facts right before you start questioning my proud highland heritage. I just dont want to be involved with all that gringy caledonia homecoming crap.

Edited by DRAGAN

How about we use the chorus for streams of whiskey by the Pogues.

I think we could change the words "where streams of whiskey are flowing" to "anywhere Caley Thistle are going"

As its quite a jolly tune I think it could work plus its easy to remember.

get a grip guys please

I am a born and bred highlander and caley jags until I die.

The tune you are going on about was written by a born and bred lowlander. Get your facts right before you start questioning my proud highland heritage. I just dont want to be involved with all that gringy caledonia homecoming crap.

Maybe you should get your facts right. Dougie MacLean was born and brought up in Butterstone and Dunkeld. Sixteen miles north of Perth. PERTH Gateway to the highlands

Maybe you should get your facts right. Dougie MacLean was born and brought up in Butterstone and Dunkeld. Sixteen miles north of Perth. PERTH Gateway to the highlands

To be fair Alex there are some of us who class the "Fault Line" as the boundary of the Highlands. Geographically it makes sense as North and South of the fault line are from two different tectonic plates.

To be fair Alex there are some of us who class the "Fault Line" as the boundary of the Highlands. Geographically it makes sense as North and South of the fault line are from two different tectonic plates.

You took the words right out of my mouth

Thanks for keeping our dear friend Alex right on his geography

I am definetly for the idea of turning Caledonia into the club's anthem. It is played before Scotland games and would certainly get the blood stirring at the TCS. It's well suited, it's lyrics are easy to learn and alter.

Also I don't see how it is a 'depressing' song DRAGAN, if sung in the right way it is far from it. Like Franki Miller's version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lNWDmfnUsY

It's hard to argue that this song isn't worth consideration.

Whats that coming over the hill?

Is it a monster?

please stop this caledonia pish

Dragan, a play about with that song could be a very good idea. I still like Caledonia though :rotflmao:

Dragon- Why dont you suggest something then?? The 'songs' you suggested previously are by far the worst suggestions. Something you would expect from a 5 year old! 'who are ye, who are ye' Dont think you can slag any other suggestions till you come up with an alternative yourself!

Its not that slow a song and there are many other football anthems that are by far slower

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

Guys, if you know you geography you'll know that Perth falls within the highland bounbary as can be seen HERE I know the chosen map isn't clear but Perth is right on the highland boundary and Dunkeld is west and north and well within the boundary.

OK Alex lighten up. We can make that the boundary if you really really want it to be there

Dragon- Why dont you suggest something then?? The 'songs' you suggested previously are by far the worst suggestions. Something you would expect from a 5 year old! 'who are ye, who are ye' Dont think you can slag any other suggestions till you come up with an alternative yourself!

Its not that slow a song and there are many other football anthems that are by far slower

Why are you calling me a Dragon?

Guys, if you know you geography you'll know that Perth falls within the highland bounbary as can be seen HERE I know the chosen map isn't clear but Perth is right on the highland boundary and Dunkeld is west and north and well within the boundary.

:rotflmao: I dont think Perth does fall in that boundry! Just outside of it

This argument is all very petty but sorry Alex , your map clearly shows where the tidal part of the TAY ends and I'm sure we both know its in Perth city centre. Your map clearly shows its in the Lowlands, as you said - The Gateway to