FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Death Penalty - Right Or Wrong

Renegade

What are your views on the death penalty? Should it be brought back? My personal view is that even though there are folks like child killers and rapists and stuff who don't deserve to live there's always the chance that mistakes will be made. There's innocent people on Death Row in America right now no doubt, innocent people have been executed and no doubt other innocent people will be executed in the future. Discuss

Edited by Renegade

What are your views on the death penalty? Should it be brought back? My personal view is that even though there are folks like child killers and rapists and stuff who don't deserve to live there's always the chance that mistakes will be made. There's innocent people on Death Row in America right now no doubt, innocent people have been executed and no doubt other innocent people will be executed in the future. Discuss

Who give a flying feck? They're American.

Capital punishment has a 100% success rate.

It's a well known fact that executed criminals don't re-offend.

It wouls save millions of our tax pounds in appeals and other tree hugging liberal pansy do gooders putting their noses in too.

That's what a posthumous pardon is for anyway.

With this new DNA testing, old cases are being reopened with big results for the solving of the cases.

Today it is a 35 year old case where they have now charged the culprit.

I heard on a programme regarding this advance that they have now, in America, changed the guilty charge on 168(?) cases - 34 on Death Row!! (My figures are wrong but the Death Row number made me sit up and take notice)

34 Murders by the state, if my figure is correct, and not a judge/ jury member/ false witness ever brought to trial.

I don't know what we do with the horrible people but if one is potentially innocent we can't kill them.

Wouldn't it be better to kill 10 innocent men than have a thousand rapists and paedophiles in your neighbourhood? Damned right it would.

The greater good is to get these scum off our streets and into a grave. FECK THEM!

Once we've gotten rid of the scum, get murderers next, then bankers and staggies, yeah get all the staggies into a phone box and gas them.

Wouldn't it be better to kill 10 innocent men than have a thousand rapists and paedophiles in your neighbourhood? Damned right it would.

The greater good is to get these scum off our streets and into a grave. FECK THEM!

Once we've gotten rid of the scum, get murderers next, then bankers and staggies, yeah get all the staggies into a phone box and gas them.

Well I suppose tomorrow, GOOD FRIDAY, highlights your case! So, so sad.

Spoken like a true Isreali.

Guest birdog

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P :021:

Definite contender for post of the year.

You're surely being a wee bit hard on rapists and paedophiles here?

As far as the others are concerned hanging would be too good for them.

:rotflmao:

Bitter bitter man... the milk must have off in yer cornflakes this morning :rotflmao:

Bitter bitter man... the milk must have off in yer cornflakes this morning :rotflmao:

So because I've got radical views I must be a man? That says a lot about you doesn't it?

[Note to self - add treehuggers to list]

Guest birdog

I have read the content of these two posts over and over, analysing the language used, re-analysing and then over analysing.

My thoughts on the matter now are that I believe that there is a high chance that this was not meant but 5thstand's post is perhaps worthy of true fisherman status. So obviously over exaggerated and comical viewpoint on a serious subject, probably stolen from a stand up routine watched on Paramount comedy but what absolutely, totally and unbelievably defies belief is that absent friend took the bait so hard that he felt he should take the moral and religious high ground.

Nice catch 5thstand she's a beaut.

I have read the content of these two posts over and over, analysing the language used, re-analysing and then over analysing.

My thoughts on the matter now are that I believe that there is a high chance that this was not meant but 5thstand's post is perhaps worthy of true fisherman status. So obviously over exaggerated and comical viewpoint on a serious subject, probably stolen from a stand up routine watched on Paramount comedy but what absolutely, totally and unbelievably defies belief is that absent friend took the bait so hard that he felt he should take the moral and religious high ground.

If this was a windup - I hope it was - then this, along with Lionel is a legend by Bronson, makes me guilty as hell at taking the bait!

Guest birdog

If this was a windup - I hope it was - then this, along with Lionel is a legend by Bronson, makes me guilty as hell at taking the bait!

Don't feel guilt just gullible, LMAO I just read the Lionel thread. You pair have me really confused I cant work out which one really is "special" and which is playing the double bluff and acting "special", perhaps you are both "special" or perhaps you are just entertaining us with your acts of mental illness.

IMO there's definite cases where the Death Penalty could be handed down without risk of error, the problem comes with where you draw the line because "beyond reasonable doubt" is not sufficient if such a punishment is to be considered.

IMO there's definite cases where the Death Penalty could be handed down without risk of error, the problem comes with where you draw the line because "beyond reasonable doubt" is not sufficient if such a punishment is to be considered.

"beyond a shadow of a doubt" then?