Stolen from P & B - A Falkirk fan writes to fellow Bairns:-

Here are some facts for you:

We've played 18 away games this season

We've drawn 6

We've lost 9

We've won 2

We've conceded 32 goals

We've scored 17

We've never won a game all season after going a goal behind, in fact we've only fought back and gained 3 points - home and away

We've not scored more than 2 goals during an away game

So, if ICT score first the liklihood of them losing the game is virtually nil.

Now this does not sound very positive to me so we are on a winner - according to them!

I think he means they played 17 games so if that is the case, they have failed to win 88% of their away games or they have only won 12% of them.

This surely means, even from our low position, that we mathematically have a great opportunity to stay up!!

Stats go out the window in this game.

Falkirk will be really going for it, they have to.

It's all about the passion, committment, the fans - the atmosphere they create and also a lot of luck!

It's not going to be a pretty game and I wouldn't read to much into those stats given how much both clubs will lose if they lose on Saturday!

This is our "cup final" and everything goes out the window in them. Its all about the 90 minutes and stats are meaningless. If our players are up for it from the first whistle we can and will do it, but if there is the slightest hint of heads going down or of complacency we are f***ed !

If you want some stats, how about these ICT ones !

30/08/08: Falkirk 1-2 ICT (SPL)

28/10/08: Falkirk 1-0 ICT (League Cup Rd 4)

12/11/08: ICT 1-1 Falkirk (SPL)

07:03/09: ICT 0-1 Falkirk (Scottish Cup QF)

21/03/09: Falkirk 4-0 ICT (SPL)

We dont fare much better in terms of the other stats either.

We have a home record of P18 W4 D5 L9 F18 A26

This is our "cup final" and everything goes out the window in them. Its all about the 90 minutes and stats are meaningless. If our players are up for it from the first whistle we can and will do it, but if there is the slightest hint of heads going down or of complacency we are f***ed !

If you want some stats, how about these ICT ones !

30/08/08: Falkirk 1-2 ICT (SPL)

28/10/08: Falkirk 1-0 ICT (League Cup Rd 4)

12/11/08: ICT 1-1 Falkirk (SPL)

07:03/09: ICT 0-1 Falkirk (Scottish Cup QF)

21/03/09: Falkirk 4-0 ICT (SPL)

We dont fare much better in terms of the other stats either.

We have a home record of P18 W4 D5 L9 F18 A26

Take your point but we have a 50% record of NOT losing against their 12% record of winning!! It's in the bag!!

stats are completely out of the window for this game.

if i were to assess our chances though, having witnessed the away falkirk game in person we need to buck up our ideas a lot.

we really need to get behind the team and give them all our support, not sit back and think its gonna be easy, thats when we'll inevitably get bitten on the backside!

stats are completely out of the window for this game.

if i were to assess our chances though, having witnessed the away falkirk game in person we need to buck up our ideas a lot.

we really need to get behind the team and give them all our support, not sit back and think its gonna be easy, thats when we'll inevitably get bitten on the backside!

Totally agree with that....

The Falkirk away game was an absolute nightmare - part of the problem being we thought we might get something from it

having beaten Killie the week before, and Rangers a couple of weeks before that.

ICT tend to be at their best when they have been written off...

It worries me that so many are tipping us to win this one comfortably...I'll be more than happy to settle for an ugly draw, by employing the kind of time wasting tactics that would make Hamilton envious.

I can only hope the negativity surrounding Falkirk right now will make them lose as everything i read about ICT from fans or local papers is all very positive.

cant go on stats on this one im afraid - two teams battling it out like nothing else.

Falkirk have - 1. Lowered our goal difference by -4 in the league in one game, 2. Put us out the Scottish cup, and 3. Put us out the league cup!

This is what i keep thinking, and why ive been hoping they would be the ones to go down! So FFS Caley, go out and put them down!

I have not met anyone tipping us to win! We were relegation favourites with the pundits at the beginning so it looks as though they will get their way unless we lift the team like we have never lifted them before.

Who cares what the pundits think ICT are a hard working honest team who deserve to be in the SPL & i'll be there to cheer them on come 12.30 on Saturday

LETS ALL BE LOUD BE PROUD BE HEARD !!!!

Take your point but we have a 50% record of NOT losing against their 12% record of winning!! It's in the bag!!

It's quotes like that, that make me cringe. We can take NOTHING for granted in this game.

Caretaker at our work, Celtic fan, betting man, is betting on a Falkirk win. I hope that he bets ?50 and loses it all!! Everyone I speak to says "I really want you guys to stay up but, I think Falkirk will win this one". We are underdogs and we need to start thinking that way.

More important that their overall stats is the fact that they sem to have the beating of us this season. Then again until last week ICT had ben even more dominant over Kilmarnock and we all know what happened there !

Aye & we never got anything out of Motherwell all season till last week either !