FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing

Guest WynessLegend

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might not be many owned by the council but dont kid yourself that private landlords haven't snapped them up and are now letting them . Check the government league tables on poverty in the west of Inverness ie Merkinch and Dalneigh its not good reading .

I agree there is a problem, what we have now have is a bigger underclass.. but I stand by my original statement that Inverness is mostly middle class, the middle class in the UK has grown hugely in % terms, due to home ownership, education and the change in jobs from manufacturing to service areas.

This thread is going off topic somewhat... perhaps we need a new thread on anything goes to discuss economic demographics.

Edited by kiltarlity

Yes actually i do , i cheer our team when they come on to the park & applaud players where its deserved , i certainly dont sit & moan about them

But everyone does that, when others around you are moaning do you offset this by shouting encouragement to those on the park or do you just come to the forum to moan about your fellow fans and sending their mood further down so that they moan at the players the next match they attend? Or are you one of those fans who turns around and gives evil stares to people who let their disapointment out by complaining to the guys they went to the match with that the team are not doing as well as expected thereby adding to the frustration and bad feeling and multiplying the volume at which it transfers towards the pitch?

Have you ever considered approaching those people who frustrate you so much, introducing yourself and asking them if it would not be better to give some vocal support to the team? Or maybe even starting a chant and getting others to join in with you? You might be surprised as to how much a good mood will spread and how fast.

I was only expressing my dissapointment at such negativity from certain "Fans" especially as it was the very first home game of the season .

Isnt that what the Forums for ? Views & opinions !

Guest birdog

Yes actually i do , i cheer our team when they come on to the park & applaud players where its deserved , i certainly dont sit & moan about them

But everyone does that, when others around you are moaning do you offset this by shouting encouragement to those on the park or do you just come to the forum to moan about your fellow fans and sending their mood further down so that they moan at the players the next match they attend? Or are you one of those fans who turns around and gives evil stares to people who let their disapointment out by complaining to the guys they went to the match with that the team are not doing as well as expected thereby adding to the frustration and bad feeling and multiplying the volume at which it transfers towards the pitch?

Have you ever considered approaching those people who frustrate you so much, introducing yourself and asking them if it would not be better to give some vocal support to the team? Or maybe even starting a chant and getting others to join in with you? You might be surprised as to how much a good mood will spread and how fast.

I was only expressing my dissapointment at such negativity from certain "Fans" especially as it was the very first home game of the season .

Yes you are correct that is what forums are for but do you always hide behind a monitor when you express your opinions or do you ever do it face to face and try to improve the situation? Supporters come from all walks of life some sit idly by and and tut at other's moaning, some moan at the match, some moan on the forum, some (the proper use of the term fans) actually do something at the match and let the players know they are doing a great job or a bad job dependent on the situation.

The term fan is and abbreviation of fanatic, fanatics rarely sit rustling sweety papers, fanatics are generally animated.

Fanatic

? noun 1 a person filled with excessive zeal, especially for an extreme political or religious cause. 2 informal a person with an obsessive enthusiasm for a pastime or hobby

I think when you say "Fans" you really mean supporters.

Guest birdog

Interesting comment birdog.

Would a fanatic miss several minutes of a game by going to get a pie? Or leave the ground 10 mins early? I doubt it!!

Without a doubt- NO. Fans pay to watch football not stuff their face, even at 4-0 down a fan would stay for the final 10 minutes praying to which ever entity they worship for a goal every two minutes. Whilst berating every mistake that cost the team seconds in their quest.

Supporters however......

Edited by birdog

Put brilliantly Birdog. Personally i would have prefered to still have the football the way it used to be. Then it was how football really should have been. I think all this about the swearing is just another case of overprotection by parents.

Also, Bigoted? I see you havnt been out of the TCS much in your life? Do you know what Bigot means?

:lol: :024: :024: :lol::lol:

I was a regular in the Jungle from 85-89 I have been spat on and had missiles thrown at me after old firm matches and others, I have probably forgotten more rebel songs than you know, but I grew up. Ask your mate who is a neighbour of mine, I passed on a good few old programmes to him when he was a wee bhoy.

EDIT- Your comment about not being out of the TCS much has me a wee bit miffed, I have been to stadia all over Europe, all over England and probably 70% of grounds in the Scottish senior leagues. I would even say that I have been to Celtic park more than you have been to the TCS. You really should think about what you post. I was a wild wee **** when I was younger and an incident in my life made me realise just how narrowminded the fans of certain teams really are. That is why I hate bigotry, I have seen the error of my ways and believe me people who hold these views too strongly end up dead or in the nick. I am just passing on advice which I wish I had followed at one time, perhaps I wouldn't have as many scars or regrets if I did.

My comment wasnt towards you, it was that ivy league guy. He said something about Bigoted abuse or something. When there wasnt any at yesterdays game.

Yes you are correct that is what forums are for but do you always hide behind a monitor when you express your opinions or do you ever do it face to face and try to improve the situation? Supporters come from all walks of life some sit idly by and and tut at other's moaning, some moan at the match, some moan on the forum, some (the proper use of the term fans) actually do something at the match and let the players know they are doing a great job or a bad job dependent on the situation.

The term fan is and abbreviation of fanatic, fanatics rarely sit rustling sweety papers, fanatics are generally animated.

Fanatic

? noun 1 a person filled with excessive zeal, especially for an extreme political or religious cause. 2 informal a person with an obsessive enthusiasm for a pastime or hobby

I'm not hiding behind a monitor just merely expressing my opinion which i'm entitled to !

Forum = Noun 1 a place of meeting in which people can exchange ideas and discuss public issues

Guest birdog

Put brilliantly Birdog. Personally i would have prefered to still have the football the way it used to be. Then it was how football really should have been. I think all this about the swearing is just another case of overprotection by parents.

Also, Bigoted? I see you havnt been out of the TCS much in your life? Do you know what Bigot means?

:lol: :024: :024: :lol::lol:

I was a regular in the Jungle from 85-89 I have been spat on and had missiles thrown at me after old firm matches and others, I have probably forgotten more rebel songs than you know, but I grew up. Ask your mate who is a neighbour of mine, I passed on a good few old programmes to him when he was a wee bhoy.

EDIT- Your comment about not being out of the TCS much has me a wee bit miffed, I have been to stadia all over Europe, all over England and probably 70% of grounds in the Scottish senior leagues. I would even say that I have been to Celtic park more than you have been to the TCS. You really should think about what you post. I was a wild wee **** when I was younger and an incident in my life made me realise just how narrowminded the fans of certain teams really are. That is why I hate bigotry, I have seen the error of my ways and believe me people who hold these views too strongly end up dead or in the nick. I am just passing on advice which I wish I had followed at one time, perhaps I wouldn't have as many scars or regrets if I did.

My comment wasnt towards you, it was that ivy league guy. He said something about Bigoted abuse or something. When there wasnt any at yesterdays game.

Okay I accept this but you need to be more specific in your posts, you addressed the post to me in your opening sentence.

Guest birdog

Fanatic

I'm not hiding behind a monitor just merely expressing my opinion which i'm entitled to !

Forum = Noun 1 a place of meeting in which people can exchange ideas and discuss public issues

Yeah no problem but any chance of you "sharing your views" on the questions I have asked you? Or would you prefer to skirt around the issues which you have brought up?

Interesting comment birdog.

Would a fanatic miss several minutes of a game by going to get a pie? Or leave the ground 10 mins early? I doubt it!!

This is how I see it too, In the old days the pies were at the back of the stand you could stand and watch the game whilst in the que, Howden End was like that anyway, Today when i go to the game i'll take me seat at the start, come half time have a streatch hover around and then at kick off again, i'll stay till the final whistle, I take a sticky with me in my pocket so i dont need to que if i get peckish and a Can of brew, I will before i go try and get every drop of pee out so again in my 105 mins in the ground none of it is wasted by queing or trying In fact when i think about it now I have never been to the bogs at TCS i swear on that..... oh my i think ive got OCD... or a love for the game.. who knows.

makes me laugh when people complain of swearing from other fans,sitting in the main stand beside the tunnel,which i did for years,you hear a lot of swearing from both teams benches,especially when donald park was at ict,dont remember anyone ever complain about him swearing at top of his voice,long and short of it is,dont want to hear swearing keep your kids at home,and let them watch jackanory

" I take a sticky with me in my pocket " . Whats a sticky ?

Sorry, A Sticky is the likes of a Mars Bar, Twix or somthing like that... a snack. Its what we call them when we got camping with guns, "Fill your pockets with Stickys"

Fanatic

Yeah no problem but any chance of you "sharing your views" on the questions I have asked you? Or would you prefer to skirt around the issues which you have brought up?

Ok yesterday was our first home game of the season so i let the moaning go & complained about it here instead ( as others do on similar issues)

In 2 weeks we're at home to County , i'll do what you suggested & ask that certain person to give vocal support rather than moan !

& yes i'll be cheering our team on as i always do

:) :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Okay I accept this but you need to be more specific in your posts, you addressed the post to me in your opening sentence.

Sorry about that.

Some people seem to be going a little OTT with stereotypes on this thread. What exactly is a 'working class football fan', as opposed to a 'middle class football fan'? Are emotional instability and vulgarity working class traits, as opposed to middle class reservedness and politeness? :rotflmao: Surely the behaviour of each individual fan has more to do with their personality than with their social class.

I have no problem with colourful chants and shouts at football matches so long as they are witty and in reasonably good humour. There will always be angry old men who are hyper critical of the team "Get off the park 'insert player'!!!" and "Get it sorted 'insert manager'!!!" being their trademark shouts. And there will also always be juvenile neds who turn the air a shade of blue with vulgar shouts and chants at every opportunity in a vain attempt to look hard. You'll find them at every ground around the country. They're as much a part of the fabric of scottish football as pie and bovril.

IMHO a 'live and let live' attitude is the way to go. Some fans like to get excited and scream abuse at players, managers, officials, stewards, and even the ballboys. Some like to be happy clappy and cheer everyone and everything as if they are on valium. Some are more reserved and remain stoic throughout the game. Everyone to their own. Leave the angry old men, the eccentrics, the neds, and the sweetie rustlers to enjoy their matchday experience in the way they want to. Let 1,000 flowers bloom. :)

Edited by dead_ball_specialist

makes me laugh when people complain of swearing from other fans,sitting in the main stand beside the tunnel,which i did for years,you hear a lot of swearing from both teams benches,especially when donald park was at ict,dont remember anyone ever complain about him swearing at top of his voice,long and short of it is,dont want to hear swearing keep your kids at home,and let them watch jackanory

Maybe it's just me but I hate swearing, the odd one is ok but to be met with swear after swear, it's not nice. I hate it and i'm 24. It's isn't about wrapping our children in cotton wool, it's about having a little respect for those around us.

Edited by MrsICTFC

Guest birdog

Some people seem to be going a little OTT with stereotypes on this thread. What exactly is a 'working class football fan', as opposed to a 'middle class football fan'? Are emotional instability and vulgarity working class traits, as opposed to middle class reservedness and politeness? :) Surely the behaviour of each individual fan has more to do with their personality than with their social class.

I have no problem with colourful chants and shouts at football matches so long as they are witty and in reasonably good humour. There will always be angry old men who are hyper critical of the team "Get off the park 'insert player'!!!" and "Get it sorted 'insert manager'!!!" being their trademark shouts. And there will also always be juvenile neds who turn the air a shade of blue with vulgar shouts and chants at every opportunity in a vain attempt to look hard. You'll find them at every ground around the country. They're as much a part of the fabric of scottish football as pie and bovril.

IMHO a 'live and let live' attitude is the way to go. Some fans like to get excited and scream abuse at players, managers, officials, stewards, and even the ballboys. Some like to be happy clappy and cheer everyone and everything as if they are on valium. Some are more reserved and remain stoic throughout the game. Everyone to their own.

You forgot about those more interested in what the rest of the crowd are doing than they are what is happening on the pitch.

Priorities, I've had a few

But then again too few to mention

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption

Guest birdog

Maybe it's just me but I hate swearing, the odd one is ok but to be met with swear after swear, it's not nice. I hate it and i'm 24. It's isn't about wrapping our children in cotton wool, it's about having a little respect for those around us.

Respect is a two way street.

Respect is a two way street.

If you'll pardon my ignorance could you please enlighten me as to what the letters D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F represents ?