FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing

Guest WynessLegend

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks DC....

I was forgetting that other category of supporters... those that have come to live in Inverness, and who believe in supporting their "new" local team... (especially when their hometown team is crap)

They are perhaps, the finest supporters the club has... gifted, sensible, well rounded individuals...I could go on and on but I'm much too modest.

Sorry my last post should have read , ignorant patronising bullsh1t .

Guest birdog

One answer to all, alcohol consumption.

Just look at the trouble that's got you into!

Meaning? If you'd like to make an accusation please come out and say it!

It's been raised before that alcohol contributes to a good atmosphere. I think the biggest contribution is that at Away games you can sit / stand pretty much wherever you want so the like minded guys who want to belt out tunes and get behind the team can do so in the company of others who want to do the same. You can't do the same in Inverness.

I have noticed.... just on the odd, isolated occasion - you've directed remark(s) towards the ever hard working, ever astute, all round good guys who make up the admin team on this website, which were maybe not terribly flattering!

Good to see you've turned over yet another new leaf!

Hope you can keep it up... oops!

Guest birdog

I have noticed.... just on the odd, isolated occasion - you've directed remark(s) towards the ever hard working, ever astute, all round good guys who make up the admin team on this website, which were maybe not terribly flattering!

Good to see you've turned over yet another new leaf!

Hope you can keep it up... oops!

Way off the mark mate.

Guest birdog

Another thread ruined as you have to wade through loads of posts of guys having a personal argument, lads why don't you keep this of the threads the rest of us aren't interested in reading about what you think of each other.

Agreed.

Back on Topic

I think tonight will be a very interesting match to see how the crowd react and very good perfermance and a goals would seriously help but if its a tight 1-0 win with a poor perfermance and a 80th odd minute i fear that were going to have much more booing

It's been raised before that alcohol contributes to a good atmosphere. I think the biggest contribution is that at Away games you can sit / stand pretty much wherever you want so the like minded guys who want to belt out tunes and get behind the team can do so in the company of others who want to do the same. You can't do the same in Inverness.

Eh? you cant do that in Inverness, surely if you want to belt our tunes you go get a ST or seat in Secion G, If you have kids and dont want them exsposed to so much swearing then its the family Secion, If you want to go sit with your Friends....Ask where to sit, Main Stand, one of the other sections... You can if you want to Sit anywhere "with your friends" As far as i was aware you could phone the ticket office.

last weekend I have a few Adults with kids sitting for a bit, then the kids wanted to hang about with each other, and low and behold the kids left and were replaced by the kids parents.....

Guest birdog

Eh? you cant do that in Inverness, surely if you want to belt our tunes you go get a ST or seat in Secion G, If you have kids and dont want them exsposed to so much swearing then its the family Secion, If you want to go sit with your Friends....Ask where to sit, Main Stand, one of the other sections... You can if you want to Sit anywhere "with your friends" As far as i was aware you could phone the ticket office.

To be fair georgeios the family section starts in section H.

Edited because I can never spell your user name right, sorry dude.

Edited by birdog

I think you have missed my point by....I actually cannot think of an appropriate decription of just how much you have missed it by! I've absolutely no idea why you are talking about swearing, kids, the Main Stand or the Family Section in the North Stand. I've not really mentioned them in my previous posts on this subject.

What I am getting at is that during home games the atmosphere is generally poor. I believe this is, mainly, down to designated seating i.e. you get a ticket (season ticket or otherwise) and you have to sit where it says more often than not. There is a degree of movement but not the same freedom that exists at away matches where you and your mates can come into the ground late and still easily find your way into a space amongst all the guys signing because the fans tend to sit wherever they want at these games.

When the area behind the goals was sheltered terracing, you could move about as you pleased to join up with like minded folk who wanted to sing and get behind ICT. With all seater stadia and pre determined seating, this lack of movement is stifled and the ability to create pockets of vocal fans diminishes as, without a lot of forward planning, they can end up some distance apart.

Edited by RiG

I think you have missed my point by....I actually cannot think of an appropriate decription of just how much you have missed it by! I've absolutely no idea why you are talking about swearing, kids, the Main Stand or the Family Section in the North Stand. I've not really mentioned them in my previous posts on this subject.

What I am getting at is that during home games the atmosphere is generally poor. I believe this is, mainly, down to designated seating i.e. you get a ticket (season ticket or otherwise) and you have to sit where it says more often than not. There is a degree of movement but not the same freedom that exists at away matches where you and your mates can come into the ground late and still easily find your way into a space amongst all the guys signing because the fans tend to sit wherever they want at these games.

When the area behind the goals was sheltered terracing, you could move about as you pleased to join up with like minded folk who wanted to sing and get behind ICT. With all seater stadia and pre determined seating, this lack of movement is stifled and the ability to create pockets of vocal fans diminishes as, without a lot of forward planning, they can end up some distance apart.

I get what your on about now Rig but my Swearing and the likes line wasnt directed at you more everyone who said it wasnt on as they had kids with them.. Even at the forres game Id agree that even though singing was minimal it was great to walk in and look for the blue tops and just mingle....

I actually thought this topic was all a bit of a storm in a teacup. However, last night I had the misfortune to be sitting beside someone who spent the whole game moaning about and at Grant Munro. He could do nothing right in the eyes of this gentleman and I swear even if he has scored a hat trick it would still have been wrong. Why do people do this? I know you pay your money but a bit of support would not go a miss from some quarters.

I actually thought this topic was all a bit of a storm in a teacup. However, last night I had the misfortune to be sitting beside someone who spent the whole game moaning about and at Grant Munro. He could do nothing right in the eyes of this gentleman and I swear even if he has scored a hat trick it would still have been wrong. Why do people do this? I know you pay your money but a bit of support would not go a miss from some quarters.

Renegade? ;)

I thought Grant had a great game, is it possible that the said gentleman who was so unhappy, is actually a Stranraer fan ?

I sat beside a pensioner (one of a pair) at Dumfermline who was exactly the same about Munro (and Imrie) - I wonder if they're related?

I sat beside a pensioner (one of a pair) at Dumfermline who was exactly the same about Munro (and Imrie) - I wonder if they're related?

I sat beside a Teenager (one of four) at Ayr United game who was exactly the same about Munro (and LDZ) - I wonder if they're retarded