FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing

Guest WynessLegend

Guest WynessLegend

What are you like?

Booing the players off the park after a decent enough game, where we showed a lot of promise, kept a clean sheet, and were unlucky not to take all three points.

This was my fear after relegation - that the crowd would expect three points each week as their right.

Please don't let us become the "Northern Huns" by repeating that sort of attitude.

Winning this League will be a long slog and it won't all be plain sailing - but, with a decent support, we'll get there.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said. I was dissapointed with the boos. Its only the first home game and the players will start not wanting to play at home if they feel as if they are going to get booed for not winning.

It was not the result we wanted but we will get better. The message from the club at the start of the season was to get behind the club and this wasnt doing that was it

I know it is a way to get rid of the frustration but still it was uncalled for

I'm far from the most optimistic ICT supporter but even I was getting riled by some of the guff the fans were coming out with today. There were folk grumbling after 7 minutes today. You could see it was annoying the players and Foran obviously took it upon himself to gesticulate to the crowd as if to say "Come one get behind us" but that was met with more gurning from those in the North Stand.

Some of it was utterly embarrassing especially the red faced glebe sitting along from me:

"Oh right that's what we should be doing(!)"

"My 9 month old daughter could've scored that!"

"Oh very clever! VERY CLEVER!"

"Why are you passing it back!? The goal's this way!"

SHUT THE F'CK UP AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM!

Edited by RiG

The team did not perform well, did they deserve to be applauded of the park?

This is a results business, good result, everybody happy, poor result.........not everybody happy.

The team did not perform well, did they deserve to be applauded of the park?

This is a results business, good result, everybody happy, poor result.........not everybody happy.

Maybe not but they deserve to be encouraged when they are on it and not being told they are garbage a matter of minutes into their first home game of the season.

It's hardly minutes into the first home game if some people vent there frustration by choosing to voice their displeasure at the teams inability to perform better than they displayed.

Try telling SMEE that.

Al wager that EWS was one of those that thought Brewster did a good job and was hard done by!!

If you cant see that a team that has spent the last 5 yrs playing in the top level, should be capable of taking the scalp of a team that spent as long in the 2nd Div, at home, well...your deluding yourself. Ayr will be in the bottom half of the best teams we will come up against this season

Try telling SMEE that.

Al wager that EWS was one of those that thought Brewster did a good job and was hard done by!!

If you cant see that a team that has spent the last 5 yrs playing in the top level, should be capable of taking the scalp of a team that spent as long in the 2nd Div, at home, well...your deluding yourself. Ayr will be in the bottom half of the best teams we will come up against this season

I have to say Ayr looked a better side than I expected.. defended in numbers and proved hard to brake down, but yes we certainly should have won, given the amount of possession we had...

Edited by kiltarlity

I'm far from the most optimistic ICT supporter but even I was getting riled by some of the guff the fans were coming out with today. There were folk grumbling after 7 minutes today. You could see it was annoying the players and Foran obviously took it upon himself to gesticulate to the crowd as if to say "Come one get behind us" but that was met with more gurning from those in the North Stand.

Some of it was utterly embarrassing especially the red faced glebe sitting along from me:

"Oh right that's what we should be doing(!)"

"My 9 month old daughter could've scored that!"

"Oh very clever! VERY CLEVER!"

"Why are you passing it back!? The goal's this way!"

SHUT THE F'CK UP AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM!

Aye i had a person sitting very near to me who did nothing but moan critisize & gern today i was nearly going to move seats , i felt like telling her to shut her gob or better still dont bother coming to games if you cant have anything positive to say !!

Try telling SMEE that.

I think you will find I was one of the most outspoken members who never wanted him to return in the first place.

Aye some idiot behind me during the second half was shouting "Here it comes" every time Ayr started to attack our goal... It was like he was willing us to lose...

Really, positive.. supporting that !!

Nevermind the booing... the language was atrocious today from a lot of the fans... every song that was sung (just about) by mostly fairly young lads had a swear every two words... so much so I had to move seats (with the 3 kids I had with me) to near the front mid way through the 1st half... it also appears that swearing is the only vocabulary some grown men who attend football matches use, even those with wee kids... not the family friendly atmosphere we used to have at ICT... i know I cant expect the kids never to be exposed to foul language, but its a sad state of affairs when every word they hear is a swear...

I will have to see the club on Monday or Tuesday to try and change our season ticket seats.... very sad...

Aye some idiot behind me during the second half was shouting "Here it comes" every time Ayr started to attack our goal... It was like he was willing us to lose...

Nevermind the booing... the language was atrocious today from a lot of the fans... every song that was sung (just about) by mostly fairly young lads had a swear every two words... so much so I had to move seats (with the 3 kids I had with me) to near the front mid way through the 1st half... it also appears that swearing is the only vocabulary some grown men who attend football matches use, even those with wee kids... not the family friendly atmosphere we used to have at ICT... i know I cant expect the kids never to be exposed to foul language, but its a sad state of affairs when every word they hear is a swear...

I will have to see the club on Monday or Tuesday to try and change our season ticket seats.... very sad...

You see the sections that have Family Section behind the last row of seats...

USE IT

You sit near me then as it is the same guy I am talking about.

Guest birdog

I dont have much of a problem with swearing , kids hear as much in the playground

What annoys me is the so called fans who whinge & moan about their own team

What results do they expect with so much negativity :003:

Did you do anything to create some positivity? If not then you are as much to blame.

As for the swearing, deserves it's own topic really, I was listening to Off the ball on the way home and a couple of callers mentioned that the poor state of our national side could have a lot to do with the lack of kids using parks to kick a ball about. Could this be because so many parents are wrapping their kids up in cotton wool and not letting them leave the house in case they hear the odd bad word? Get a grip people, the raised emotions that are part and parcel of football lead to the odd sweary word coming out. Complaints about no atmosphere, complaints when we have atmosphere. At least we don't have our kids listening to hate filled bigoted bile at TCS.

Guest birdog

I will happily swap my seats with you, mine are in Section K row G. I have no problems with my kids moving closer to the singers, they love to join in but we are a little bit far away to make an impact. I can't do the PM thing but perhaps Scotty would not mind acting as a go between, he has my email addy we could then talk to the club and get something sorted.