FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing

Guest WynessLegend

Guest birdog

makes me laugh when people complain of swearing from other fans,sitting in the main stand beside the tunnel,which i did for years,you hear a lot of swearing from both teams benches,especially when donald park was at ict,dont remember anyone ever complain about him swearing at top of his voice,long and short of it is,dont want to hear swearing keep your kids at home,and let them watch jackanory

Maybe it's just me but I hate swearing, the odd one is ok but to be met with swear after swear, it's not nice. I hate it and i'm 24. It's isn't about wrapping our children in cotton wool, it's about having a little respect for those around us.

Respect is a two way street.

If you'll pardon my ignorance could you please enlighten me as to what the letters D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F represents ?

Google it, watch Kevin Bloody Wilson's video on youtube, but make sure your kids are out the room :)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes me laugh when people complain of swearing from other fans,sitting in the main stand beside the tunnel,which i did for years,you hear a lot of swearing from both teams benches,especially when donald park was at ict,dont remember anyone ever complain about him swearing at top of his voice,long and short of it is,dont want to hear swearing keep your kids at home,and let them watch jackanory

Maybe it's just me but I hate swearing, the odd one is ok but to be met with swear after swear, it's not nice. I hate it and i'm 24. It's isn't about wrapping our children in cotton wool, it's about having a little respect for those around us.

Respect is a two way street.

If you'll pardon my ignorance could you please enlighten me as to what the letters D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F represents ?

Google it, watch Kevin Bloody Wilson's video on youtube, but make sure your kids are out the room :rotflmao:

:)

If people dont like the booing and think it is not deserved then stand up and clap and cheer.. theres a positive move... If your not happy with anything and feel the need to boo then boo you have your opinion, If you dont think thats a sutable thing to do then do the positive thing and cheer and clap Fire and Ice affect... sorted..... I wasnt happy with the folk walking out with 10 mins to go, some were booed for that..............I booed quit alot due to the decisions made but the yellow shirts... Am I a bad person, I swore a couple of times at the Decisions am i a bad person?

yes, a very bad person.

no, i am a traditional enough fan, if you don't want to hear bad language then don't pay ?15 to sit in a crowd where you are 100% likely to encounter just that.

i did not boo at the end of the game, just left silently. i'll be at dundee, with any luck i'll be at all of the games this year, i hope never to have to see a performance bad enough to boo, and plenty to cheer on.

Im lost, so in your opinions im a bad person, because of what? I bood the bad desisions the ref made, I said the off Funk Sake when the ball was fluffed and enjoyed my day sining the songs sung, I think you'll find at the start of the game when the teams came out it was the Section G that I saw getting a clap from the odd player Granty seemed to love the songs and when warming up players were running about in front to the sections they gave the odd thumbs up and wave to the area.. Im got to take a punt vision and say you sit in the main stand?

don't quite know whether you got it or not, but i was talking with my tongue firmly in cheek.

i am a section g season ticket holder as well, already proclaimed my digust for all things main stand.

I am a main stander (so shoot me), and anyone that knows me knows that my language can be colourful at times, sometimes gratuitously so. BUT at the match, I am very careful, and though I do cuss and swear, I will bite my tongue if there are kids about.

Yes, my daughter knows all the words from the playground, but she wont hear them coming from my mouth, and I find the aggression in much swearing, makes me very protective of kids. You can see it, on their faces - it adds nothing to the pleasure of the game for them, and wil destroy their enthusiasm.

I defy any parents on this forum to say they approve, and will back other folks right to free swearing in, or near, the family section. I suspect it is a wee boys thing.

And also the humourless offensive songs damage your case and debase the reputation of ICT.

There, I've said it.

I'm getting my wee lad a season ticket in section G.. Its all part of the football and as said before the things that went on 10-15 years ago at football is nothing to what its like now.. I would only really have issue if the C word was banded about, as its been said again here too. the langue you hear in the stands is no less that what you would here if the kids were playing football or in the playground themselfs, at the football the kids are in groups and abit more vocal, It is IMO part of the football, if you feel your kids will learn to swear due to the chants then open your eyes, My wee lad will be brought up knowing there is a time and a place for it.. and not when I'm around.....

Guest birdog

I am a main stander (so shoot me), and anyone that knows me knows that my language can be colourful at times, sometimes gratuitously so. BUT at the match, I am very careful, and though I do cuss and swear, I will bite my tongue if there are kids about.

Yes, my daughter knows all the words from the playground, but she wont hear them coming from my mouth, and I find the aggression in much swearing, makes me very protective of kids. You can see it, on their faces - it adds nothing to the pleasure of the game for them, and wil destroy their enthusiasm.

I defy any parents on this forum to say they approve, and will back other folks right to free swearing in, or near, the family section. I suspect it is a wee boys thing.

And also the humourless offensive songs damage your case and debase the reputation of ICT.

There, I've said it.

What is the point in hiding the real world from kids? You say your daughter already knows all the words so what are you protecting her from? Reality? No wonder so many people grow up with a deluded view on the world.

I am in the family section and a little too far from section G, I am thinking of phoning the club tomorrow to see if any prudes have moved their seats away from the singers I'd love to have them and so would my kids. I teach my kids about language and the context in which it is used. They are growing up as well rounded individuals, both doing well at school and neither of them have brought any trouble to my door, my daughter rarely swears, if at all, my son pushes the limits as all boys do but gets put in his place by both me and his mother when he oversteps the mark. Am I a bad parent?

There, I've said it.

IMO, what you said links into the "Adult Entertainment" Thread. What i mean is that there are too many people in the Highlands that are so...Well i dont have a word for it but i think what you said sums it up. Just because we are ICT doesnt mean we cant sing songs which swear and that. EVERY single club has them. Its the same as in the AE thread. How the people of inverness would be in an uproar about a stip club or something. We are falling behind the rest of the world. And its small things like this that make us this way! No wonder so many central belt people find it so weird up here!

I wouldnt be suprised if you didnt understand any of that.

someone said to me yesterday that the rise in the season ticket sales was down to the fact that now ICT wouldn't be playing their big games on a sunday, and now the religious sect of caleys support felt more obliged to buy one. if that is true, and i slightly doubt it, then it is ridiculous. i love living in the highlands and visiting the many central belt sh*tholes is a stark contrast, but these people have to move back the western isles (perhaps not on a sunday ferry crossing tho) asap.

i also grew up with the football, as well as being raised working class style, and i seem to be doing alright.

There, I've said it.

IMO, what you said links into the "Adult Entertainment" Thread. What i mean is that there are too many people in the Highlands that are so...Well i dont have a word for it but i think what you said sums it up. Just because we are ICT doesnt mean we cant sing songs which swear and that. EVERY single club has them. Its the same as in the AE thread. How the people of inverness would be in an uproar about a stip club or something. We are falling behind the rest of the world. And its small things like this that make us this way! No wonder so many central belt people find it so weird up here!

I wouldnt be suprised if you didnt understand any of that.

No, I think I understand what you say. You maintain that the Highlands is weird because we are unlike the rest of Scotland, who have strip clubs and we should be like them, and do sweary songs at football to be like them and not fall bahind the rest of the world, who have embraced the small things.

There, I've said it.

What is the point in hiding the real world from kids? You say your daughter already knows all the words so what are you protecting her from? Reality? No wonder so many people grow up with a deluded view on the world.

I am in the family section and a little too far from section G, I am thinking of phoning the club tomorrow to see if any prudes have moved their seats away from the singers I'd love to have them and so would my kids. I teach my kids about language and the context in which it is used. They are growing up as well rounded individuals, both doing well at school and neither of them have brought any trouble to my door, my daughter rarely swears, if at all, my son pushes the limits as all boys do but gets put in his place by both me and his mother when he oversteps the mark. Am I a bad parent?

Don't know if you are a bad parent or not, but you seem to have put some thought into your decision. I am always suspicious of people who talk about "reality" though, as it is something only they have a hold on.

someone said to me yesterday that the rise in the season ticket sales was down to the fact that now ICT wouldn't be playing their big games on a sunday, and now the religious sect of caleys support felt more obliged to buy one. if that is true, and i slightly doubt it, then it is ridiculous. i love living in the highlands and visiting the many central belt sh*tholes is a stark contrast, but these people have to move back the western isles (perhaps not on a sunday ferry crossing tho) asap.

i also grew up with the football, as well as being raised working class style, and i seem to be doing alright.

Yeah! We don't want any Christians supporting OUR team!

Guest birdog

There, I've said it.

Don't know if you are a bad parent or not, but you seem to have put some thought into your decision. I am always suspicious of people who talk about "reality" though, as it is something only they have a hold on.

Very well, exchange the word reality for the phrase "the real world"

Yeah! We don't want any Christians supporting OUR team!

course i am not that extreme, most of my family happen to be christian, but i just think it is a sad statement. not sad in the sense that these people choose to lead their lives in such a way, just sad in that our fanbase of old seems to have disappeared completely.

I applauded the team at the end and was annoyed at the booing. Okay we didn't get 3 points but I think we showed a lot of promise. Kept the ball on the ground more and looked fairly fast. Looking forward to Dundee.

I applauded the team at the end and was annoyed at the booing. Okay we didn't get 3 points but I think we showed a lot of promise. Kept the ball on the ground more and looked fairly fast. Looking forward to Dundee.

Dude read back, It wasnt really at the players, even Ayr Fans say a lot of the refs actions were agenst us and very unfair, also the folk leaving early got boo'd and also the odd boo for out lack of trying to shoot, in a nut shell...

http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1756097,00.html I think TB himself is booing

Edited by georgeios

So correct me if I'm wrong, just trying to catch up.

Next match I attend I need to boo:

1. The Sweetie Rustlers (tut, again!)

2. The Catering Company

3. The Kingsmill Suite nobs

4. The Swearing Neds

5. The Half Time Guy with the Mic

6. Oh, nearly forgot... The Players

7. The 'Adult Entertainmemt' industry in the Highlands (jings!)

8. The Kyle Allison

9. The people who boo Kyle Allison

10. The smokers

Right, I'll bring the checklist along to the next game.

At the end of the match what the players heard was booing. We complained enough about the referee during the game. I think the least we could do at end of match is applaud the lads and their effort. Do players realise at the time that it is not them that are being booed?

At the end of the match what the players heard was booing. We complained enough about the referee during the game. I think the least we could do at end of match is applaud the lads and their effort. Do players realise at the time that it is not them that are being booed?

Dude, thats the point, TB himself said it was a poor show.. so why applaude....... IMO even if they didnt why should the leave the park feeling they'd kept us happy.. I wasnt happy with the out come of alot of reasons, again I'll say it, TB saw the same, no one NO ONE would shoot, that in its self is frustrating!!! Duncan was the only one giving it a shot... fair play duncan.. work on that foot though... seriously if we start clapping for pi%h it will be pink and fluffy 3rd Div for us..

I don't think it was all doom and gloom. And I applauded because I saw a darn site more promise than I did this time last season and wanted to show my appreciation of that. Lets face it that is just about the only time we are allowed to stand up and show our support apart from when goals are scored! At least at full time the stewards don't tell us to sit down then