FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing

Guest WynessLegend

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when are we actually going to have a good day?

You just have to wait and see on the day

(Tuesday night against Stranraer :rolleyes: )

Yeah actually maybe v a 3rd divison team but once we come up againist a 1st divison we look look like a fish out of water

If a team go 1-0 down againist a team at the moment we would need to go for a draw as there would be no hope in us winning

Yeah actually maybe v a 3rd divison team but once we come up againist a 1st divison we look look like a fish out of water

If a team go 1-0 down againist a team at the moment we would need to go for a draw as there would be no hope in us winning

Did we not win last week, so how are we like a fish out of water?

Lets be honest we didnt deserve to win and it was looking like a real possibility that we could have lost last weekend and we could have even lost today as well

Lets be honest we didnt deserve to win and it was looking like a real possibility that we could have lost last weekend and we could have even lost today as well

Thats true but we have got 4 points out of those 2 games and are joint top of the league so if we can only get better we are going to be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

I dont see how things can go from being brilliant last weekend to us now not being good enough for the First Division

It is a marathon not a sprint. Give it time

But we didn't we are equal top of the table so how that equates to been like a fish out of water baffles me

We could have lost this week, We could lose on tuesday, we could lose on saturday etc.... For fecksake just take the point. Yes we should have got 3 points thats what we all want but things dont always go the way we want them to go.

I dont have much of a problem with swearing , kids hear as much in the playground

What annoys me is the so called fans who whinge & moan about their own team

What results do they expect with so much negativity :rolleyes:

Did you do anything to create some positivity? If not then you are as much to blame

Yes actually i do , i cheer our team when they come on to the park & applaud players where its deserved , i certainly dont sit & moan about them

We have some BIG problems at ICT at the mo and the worrying thing is that people aren't seeing this, hopefully this changes very quickly cause if it doesnt people will only relaise once its too late

We know that already. Everyone is seeing it but cant do anything about since coming down to the 1st division we have lost out on money and now the club are using what they can afford to help us bounce back to the SPL.

I think the club already know about it. They made a mistake like that before by keeping brewster on

We have some BIG problems at ICT at the mo and the worrying thing is that people aren't seeing this, hopefully this changes very quickly cause if it doesnt people will only relaise once its too late

Ok but how do you come to the conclusion we are like a fish out of water in 1st Div

If we dont go up this season the problems will be even bigger next year since we have only signed players on one yeard contracts and they will probably not want another year in the First Division. Then Butcher and Malpas willl be leaving if we dont go up as well.

We have to do it this year or we will be in the First Division for a long time

I think we are good enough to do it but I am under no illusions on how hard it is going to be

Edited by jaggie1994

Guest birdog

Yes actually i do , i cheer our team when they come on to the park & applaud players where its deserved , i certainly dont sit & moan about them

But everyone does that, when others around you are moaning do you offset this by shouting encouragement to those on the park or do you just come to the forum to moan about your fellow fans and sending their mood further down so that they moan at the players the next match they attend? Or are you one of those fans who turns around and gives evil stares to people who let their disapointment out by complaining to the guys they went to the match with that the team are not doing as well as expected thereby adding to the frustration and bad feeling and multiplying the volume at which it transfers towards the pitch?

Have you ever considered approaching those people who frustrate you so much, introducing yourself and asking them if it would not be better to give some vocal support to the team? Or maybe even starting a chant and getting others to join in with you? You might be surprised as to how much a good mood will spread and how fast.

I dont have much of a problem with swearing , kids hear as much in the playground

What results do they expect with so much negativity :rolleyes:

Did you do anything to create some positivity? If not then you are as much to blame.

As for the swearing, deserves it's own topic really, I was listening to Off the ball on the way home and a couple of callers mentioned that the poor state of our national side could have a lot to do with the lack of kids using parks to kick a ball about. Could this be because so many parents are wrapping their kids up in cotton wool and not letting them leave the house in case they hear the odd bad word? Get a grip people, the raised emotions that are part and parcel of football lead to the odd sweary word coming out. Complaints about no atmosphere, complaints when we have atmosphere. At least we don't have our kids listening to hate filled bigoted bile at TCS.

I think you summed it up there by saying "the odd sweary word"... i think any reasonable person expects to hear a few sweary words in most walks of life most certainly including football... i think it is totally unreasonable however to expose children to an environment where every 2nd word they hear is a swear of some sort... i certainly dont hear any of my friends swearing in front of their kids in that manner... maybe thats the way i have been brought up and the friends i choose to keep... but i would like to think that I am fairly normal... so why should going to a football game be any different... we had season tickets last year also in the north stand but in a different section and there was never an issue,,,

Maybe its a sad reflection of society in general that most people nowadays have such a limited vocabulary that they have to resort to foul language to express themselves... i can also see that most fellow ICT fans find it acceptable, so maybe im wrong... but it is certainly putting me off and so i thought i would have a rant on here!!!

PS - You also mentioned: At least we don't have our kids listening to hate filled bigoted bile at TCS. - what was being shouted at one of our own players today by a few mindless numpties was a disgrace and could have been deemed an offence under the law

Edited by Ivy League

I think a lot of the booing was towards the ref not the team but I think folk (maybe wrongly or not) are frustrated about our ability in front of goal certain individuals would rather pass the ball (or the buck sometimes) than shoot at goal.

Thats how i felt :rolleyes:

Edited by dan_ict

What results do they expect with so much negativity :angry:

Did you do anything to create some positivity? If not then you are as much to blame.

As for the swearing, deserves it's own topic really, I was listening to Off the ball on the way home and a couple of callers mentioned that the poor state of our national side could have a lot to do with the lack of kids using parks to kick a ball about. Could this be because so many parents are wrapping their kids up in cotton wool and not letting them leave the house in case they hear the odd bad word? Get a grip people, the raised emotions that are part and parcel of football lead to the odd sweary word coming out. Complaints about no atmosphere, complaints when we have atmosphere. At least we don't have our kids listening to hate filled bigoted bile at TCS.

I think you summed it up there by saying "the odd sweary word"... i think any reasonable person expects to hear a few sweary words in most walks of life most certainly including football... i think it is totally unreasonable however to expose children to an environment where every 2nd word they hear is a swear of some sort... i certainly dont hear any of my friends swearing in front of their kids in that manner... maybe thats the way i have been brought up and the friends i choose to keep... but i would like to think that I am fairly normal... so why should going to a football game be any different... we had season tickets last year also in the north stand but in a different section and there was never an issue,,,

Maybe its a sad reflection of society in general that most people nowadays have such a limited vocabulary that they have to resort to foul language to express themselves... i can also see that most fellow ICT fans find it acceptable, so maybe im wrong... but it is certainly putting me off and so i thought i would have a rant on here!!!

PS - You also mentioned: At least we don't have our kids listening to hate filled bigoted bile at TCS. - what was being shouted at one of our own players today by a few mindless numpties was a disgrace and could have been deemed an offence under the law

Please go rant somewhere else. I am driven to industrial language on occasion at TCS, same as 98% of people who go there. I don't want our game sanitised. I do, however want these numpties to shut it. I also want those who moan incessantly at these games to voice their support. Just once. You'll see it feels quite good, honestly. Booing them must make players amazingly motivated to play for Caley. I'm off to rant somewhere else........I'm a reasonable person.

Sorry, but I must be one of the people who isn't seeing this. What are the BIG problems we have?

Relegation? Obviously most of us would prefer to still be in the SPL, but equally, most accepted that relegation for a club of our size was likely at some stage and would have seen five years in the top flight as a respectable achievement. Relegation doesn't necessarily represent the start of a terminal decline in the club's fortunes.

A difficult title race? The fact that we may not go straight back up should not be blown out of all proportion: we are no more an 'SPL club' than Dundee, Partick or Dunfermline - in fact you might argue that given their histories and bigger core supports they are more 'SPL clubs' than us - and these clubs have all invested in players and management that they hope can take them up, and have already had a few seasons' experience of trying to get out of this league. Absence from the SPL has perhaps meant more financial struggle, but it has not been disastrous for these clubs, and we should not assume it will be disastrous for us either should we fail to go up at the first attempt.

The apparent lack of cutting edge in the team? Do we expect a remodelled team to start getting it right on the park straight away? Remember, we have lost a few players, have some injuries and suspensions and Butcher is building on the foundation of a team that failed last season. Why should we expect the team to look like title-winning material straight away? Inevitably some of the signings won't work - the same is the case with every manager and every team. Others, however, will probably become more effective once they are better settled, and the fact that Cox and Bulivitis are already popular with the support and contributing well to the team is encouraging.

The structure of the club? Many people may still have concerns about how the club is run at boardroom level, but the is relative financial stability, no drop in season tickets and there seems to be more harmony around the place in general than there was at this time last season.

BIG problems, IMHO, are those faced by Livingston currently, or Gretna, Dundee and Motherwell in recent years, and ironically the problems tended to be caused by unrealistic ambition and exacerbated by knee-jerk reactions to fan opinions. By comparison, ICT are in a healthy state. I think we all fear that we could have an indifferent season, but the fact that many are prepared to be patient and continue to support the team through disappointing performances like today's does not mean that they are demonstrating an ostrich mentality towards the difficulties the team may face this season. What, after all, will booing and demanding line-up changes at this stage actually achieve?

While I would only ever boo a team if I think they didn't try, it is an entertainment business and if people are not happy with a performance some of them boo. If the players can't put up with a bit of booing when they don't perform perhaps they should find another job

If we dont go up this season the problems will be even bigger next year since we have only signed players on one yeard contracts and they will probably not want another year in the First Division. Then Butcher and Malpas willl be leaving if we dont go up as well.

We have to do it this year or we will be in the First Division for a long time

I think we are good enough to do it but I am under no illusions on how hard it is going to be

I agree with that statment 100%

well the players know how to stop these bad people booing. just put the ball into the net and we will be happy.

If people dont like the booing and think it is not deserved then stand up and clap and cheer.. theres a positive move... If your not happy with anything and feel the need to boo then boo you have your opinion, If you dont think thats a sutable thing to do then do the positive thing and cheer and clap Fire and Ice affect... sorted..... I wasnt happy with the folk walking out with 10 mins to go, some were booed for that..............I booed quit alot due to the decisions made but the yellow shirts... Am I a bad person, I swore a couple of times at the Decisions am i a bad person?

Guest birdog

To address the PS first, I never heard anything of that nature and couldn't comment. Would you like to expand?

As for what you describe as a sad reflection on our society about limited vocabulary when I first started to attend football matches violence, drunkenness, hatred, bigotry, urinating in terracing, broken glass, pickpocketing and all sorts of other unsavoury practices were common place. I believe that we should consider ourselves lucky that our game has progressed to the stage where a bit of colourful language is the worst we can expect at TCS. These words can be heard almost anywhere, like said before probably most prevalent on school playing fields or play parks I probably would not have taken my kids to a football match before they were in their teens if this was still the 1980s I consider myself lucky that I can take them now.

To address the PS first, I never heard anything of that nature and couldn't comment. Would you like to expand?

As for what you describe as a sad reflection on our society about limited vocabulary when I first started to attend football matches violence, drunkenness, hatred, bigotry, urinating in terracing, broken glass, pickpocketing and all sorts of other unsavoury practices were common place. I believe that we should consider ourselves lucky that our game has progressed to the stage where a bit of colourful language is the worst we can expect at TCS. These words can be heard almost anywhere, like said before probably most prevalent on school playing fields or play parks I probably would not have taken my kids to a football match before they were in their teens if this was still the 1980s I consider myself lucky that I can take them now.

must be the fresh air, but Birdog, I agree with what you have just said... I'll always remember the smell of pot that would come from the stands some days on the Highland leauge.. this was in the 80's, now there isnt even a wiff of ciggy smoke.. Whats the chances of getting a smoking area going, 105 mins today between smokes..... I was gagging!