FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT's future

TopSix

Nearly impossible to say and pretty much depends (as things stand) on the whim of one man who appears to be running the show.

If we're talking about the clubs "potential", then I would have no hesitation in saying that this club could/should be a consistent lower mid-table SPL club (placed 7th to 9th), occasionally finding ourselves making forays in to the upper mid-table (4th to 6th) when we have particularly good/lucky seasons.

Unfortunately, I get the feeling we're heading towards a boom or bust scenario which could cause long term damage and result in us struggling to maintain upper 1st Div. Our Board seem to be adopting spending policies and taking financial risks which could leave us floundering under an unmanageable debt, with no assets to secure it against.

If things don't go well this season and we don't see some major changes at the top then I'll predict administration within 5 years.

I'm in complete agreement with all CD's comments here.....

But I do have major doubts as to whether becoming a "consistent lower mid-table SPL club" could ever happen with the present management team (irrespective of their budget)

The person or persons who appointed TB and MM should be asking themselves some very serious and searching questions.

Seem to recall rumours like this last season...

Dont think there is much between ICT and a good footballing side however, Imrie and Odi back, get Golly and Rossco to steady us and give the confidence a boost because i've not seen anything so far that scares me too much in football terms.

What nonsense. The Board are spending way, way above the sort of level that is sustainable for Div 1, because they want us back in the SPL and know that if it doesn't happen this season it'll take another 5-10 years like it has done for so many before us.
What evidence of spending levels have you seen? If they wanted us back in the SPL we'd have seen a serious effort on their part to retain our better players rather than forking out on new, as yet unproved potential from different leagues.

And going back to January, they spent loads on firing the old management team,
Really? Were their contracts renewed when they were failing last year? If so, why and by whom? If not it should only have been a few months severance pay.

bringing in a very expensive pairing,
Yes, they are proving to be very costly with inept tactics and ill advised signings.

as well as loads of new signings on hefty wages.
Hefty wages? As much as we were paying in the SPL? Do you have any evidence?

Because they wanted to go down?
Like a submarine. No I don't believe they wanted to go down but by spending so much unwisely it was inevitable. We are now going to endure a few seasons rebuilding what we already had and that cracks me up.

It's an ego trip getting on the board of a football club.

I have been meaning to ask this question for ages, but how many of our current board

are historcally linked to inverness football? Are they just yes men and part of a clique? As far as i am aware....Sutherlands puppet......err.....erm...i mean Fraser, his backgorund lies in Shinty!

Edited by SMEE

No I don't believe they wanted to go down but by spending so much unwisely it was inevitable. We are now going to endure a few seasons rebuilding what we already had and that cracks me up.

spot on!! IMO the rot started with so many of the core of our relatively successful team being sold or allowed to be sold on. It is worrying that so many of our best players left under a certain managers tenure; Black, Rankin, Cowie, Dods, Wilson, Wyness to name a few!

Dont think there is much between ICT and a good footballing side however, Imrie and Odi back, get Golly and Rossco to steady us and give the confidence a boost because i've not seen anything so far that scares me too much in football terms.

Getting these 4 back will certainly help.

I just hope Ross or Hayes won't be dropped to make way for Imrie.

They've done enough to merit a decent run in the team.

Call it a conspiracy theory, but I genuinely think that since Brewster was re-hired - the plan has been a return to the First Division. Unfortunately it looks like the plan is for us to remain here for the foreseeable future.

Frankly I think that's rubbish. I don't believe that any Board, ours included, does not want their team to progress, and play at the highest level possible. I may agree that our Board does not always seem to get things right, but I'm sure they do have ambition for the club.

I think that was a given Jay, Rooster I beleve was on a mission to make as much out of what we had before sticking us down to the SFL1 in the hope of doing it all over again, look at who we lost... Black, Cowie, Fraser, Dargo and a whole host of others, and why.... because we wouldnt offer them what they were worth, and look at whats THATS cost us, as for Nicolisasiman that was a compleat kick in the teeth for the team, "we think your good but dont want to pay you what you are worth" however "the O group'll give this one guy some money till hes not worth it and punt him and cost "US" MORALTASTIC Its been written in the wind for atleast 3 years this was "The plan" if it wasnt why didnt they stop the slow but sure demolishing of OUR club....

BECAUSE LOWER 6 SPL doesnt pay and is far too expensive!!! Now however they seem to be puting on a half arsed attempt at getting back, if this doesnt work WE will be an SFL1 Side that makes a few quid!! and doesnt cost much.... but the Backers will be making some cash and thats the bottom line... its a funny old Bussness

BECAUSE LOWER 6 SPL doesnt pay and is far too expensive!!! Now however they seem to be puting on a half arsed attempt at getting back, if this doesnt work WE will be an SFL1 Side that makes a few quid!! and doesnt cost much.... but the Backers will be making some cash and thats the bottom line... its a funny old Bussness

No-one invests in a football club to make money, now infrastructure and facilities is a different matter.

Oh right fair enough... kinda like ald stewarty boy with the dons... he was/is only after the lad there dump's built on is that what your saying? I beleve (correct me if im wrong) but dont we have one of the highest numbers of Sponsership boards in the land? wheres that money going to, whats the inverstors doing if not hoping to make money out off the club......