FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

the sending off which was deserved

Lmclmm

what a disgrace that the referee never send off the county player for elbowing Jonny hayes and leaving him there, and the referee just spoke to him. does anyone else feel like this. i am dissapointed in the ref also the linesman let him off to.

I think Hayes was very lucky not to get sent off for kicking out off the ball shortly after the elbow (or was it a shoulder?) incident. The ref let a lot of things go today, preferring to give players a good talking to rather than producing cards. Vigurs should've been booked for his tackle on Eagle early in the first half, as should Russell for halfing Vigurs shortly afterwards. Good to see an few crunching tackles in the derby though. The last one was far too tame.

yeah im happy that we won don't get me wrong. but the county player deserved a red card. :021:

yeah hayes was lucky not to get send off and im happy thats hes ok. but well doine to eagle for scoring the winning goal. we're through to the final. yeah i agree the ref let a lot of things go. cheers for all the replys. yeah vigurs deserved to get a booking

yeah im happy that we won don't get me wrong. but the county player deserved a red card. :021:

yeah hayes was lucky not to get send off and im happy thats hes ok. but well doine to eagle for scoring the winning goal. we're through to the final. yeah i agree the ref let a lot of things go. cheers for all the replys. yeah vigurs deserved to get a booking

Yeah.

You can catch someone with an elbow carelessly or by accident, but that elbow by Morrison on Hayes was delivered with malice and should have been a straight red.

What gets me is that the ref was gesturing as if to claim he never saw it....it was an "on the ball" incident FFS. Not to mention the fact that the linesman and 4th official were also no more than 10 or 15 yards from it and they too were just shrugging shoulders and playing dumb.

yeah i agree with caley d and caley blue. county always gets off with them sort of tactics but if any of our players did that they would be send off. bring on dundee in the final

Just noticed there was a thread for it.

It was so blatant, Morrison leaned in with intent and then had the nerve to moan at Hayes for going down. How did the ref or the Linesman or even the 4th official not see it???

Absolute disgrace.

It was so blatant, Morrison leaned in with intent and then had the nerve to moan at Hayes for going down. How did the ref or the Linesman or even the 4th official not see it???

Absolute disgrace.

Aye deffo a red card :) dirty cheating gypo's

Well done section G , yer chants were good , i take it nobody was ejected ?

Edited by Fanoffooty

Yes, I agree with everyone that this should have been a red card. Doubt anything will be done about it in retrospect, even though its recorded on TV for anyone to see. Football could take a lesson from rugby for incidents like this where quite often bad fouls are punished post match, following TV evidence.

I think Hayes was very lucky not to get sent off for kicking out off the ball shortly after the elbow (or was it a shoulder?) incident. The ref let a lot of things go today, preferring to give players a good talking to rather than producing cards. Vigurs should've been booked for his tackle on Eagle early in the first half, as should Russell for halfing Vigurs shortly afterwards. Good to see an few crunching tackles in the derby though. The last one was far too tame.

It was an awsome welcome to the First Div "grudge" matchs, If im honest Duncan knew the score yesterday and could have been sent too when he cut Vigirs in half after his challange on Eagles, also he was all fired up and took no ****, Thats what we needed, good hard no hold barred tackles!!!

C(o)unty in 'finishing derby with 11 men' shocker.....

That was a bit of a disappointment to be honest too lol.

I really enjoyed yesterdays football for the hard grudged style, all be it we were lucky, the football was an entertaining game!!

Absolute disgrace.

Aye deffo a red card :D dirty cheating gypo's

Well done section G , yer chants were good , i take it nobody was ejected ?

Some lad was ejected after the goal, apparently he had a wee 1/2 bottle and was tryna slip some into his paper cup and was seen doing it. Nobody from Section G was put out thought.

Quite right ejecting him. What sort of idiot drinks from half bottles?! Should of had a 70cl and he knows it.

Some lad was ejected after the goal, apparently he had a wee 1/2 bottle and was tryna slip some into his paper cup and was seen doing it. Nobody from Section G was put out thought.

Quite right ejecting him. What sort of idiot drinks from half bottles?! Should of had a 70cl and he knows it.

There's a bit more to it than that though :clapping03:

what a disgrace that the referee never send off the county player for elbowing Jonny hayes and leaving him there, and the referee just spoke to him. does anyone else feel like this. i am dissapointed in the ref also the linesman let him off to.

I totally agree. It always seems that every Ref or Linesman has an utter SHOCKER at Caley! I've started paying more attention to the linesman during the games and the amount of times that they hesitate over making the simplest of decisions is mental. And as for the ref on Sunday just giving the county scumbag a "telling off" shows his inability to act accordingly under pressure.

Think it was totally unproffesional the fact that the guy elbowed Hayes, then tried to quickly take the throw in with Hayes still on the floor? WHAT? Thats not sportsman at all.

Good job we got through. Now lets carry that onto the league!!

Go on then Rig, Fess up :clapping03:

He had already been thrown out but somehow he had managed to sneak back in from the other side of the North Stand. It was pretty obvious he was sozzled as he started "busting a move" in front of a policeman at the front of the North Stand just before half time which kind of drew attention to him. After a wee wait for him to come back from the pie stand / toilets they threw him out before he reappeared at the goal.

It was the kind of incident that if the roles were the other way around I would have been baying for a red. Couldn't argue if he saw red.

The ref was shocking though, letting things go which should be a foul, and pulling up tackles for no reason. We could/should have had a penalty for a hand ball, told by a mate at work he has seen them given and not given, but thats the breaks of football.