FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher must Go!

Guest Mahonio

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling for Butcher to be sacked and slagging off players isn't really helpful or constructive. County won the game yesterday. I'm not making any excuses here for anyone but the state of their pitch was a joke. Victoria Park is truely a diddy ground.

Butcher to stay - and negative fans gtf.

Calling for Butcher to be sacked and slagging off players isn't really helpful or constructive. County won the game yesterday. I'm not making any excuses here for anyone but the state of their pitch was a joke. Victoria Park is truely a diddy ground.

Jeez, i thought i was the only one to complain about the pitch. My lawn has a shorter cut than that one. Essons feet sunk in that grass and i forgot how small a pitch it really is? The state of it was IMO the reason why Imrie and Hayes couldnt put their pace down.

Jeez, i thought i was the only one to complain about the pitch. My lawn has a shorter cut than that one. Essons feet sunk in that grass and i forgot how small a pitch it really is? The state of it was IMO the reason why Imrie and Hayes couldnt put their pace down.

Oh come on all 22 players have to deal with the same conditions. Imrie just ain't that good. we were beat by better players that's all. next season we just need to make sure we bring in a management team that knows what they are doing and players that are good enough. if teams like, County, QOS, Raith and Partick can find good players why can't we. the players we have at the moment are not good enough, 2nd division at best bar a few of them.

Oh come on all 22 players have to deal with the same conditions. Imrie just ain't that good. we were beat by better players that's all. next season we just need to make sure we bring in a management team that knows what they are doing and players that are good enough. if teams like, County, QOS, Raith and Partick can find good players why can't we. the players we have at the moment are not good enough, 2nd division at best bar a few of them.

They pay more.

They pay more.

Surely County don't pay more? Thing is though if we want to win the league then we will have to compete with teams like that in the market if we want to attract good players to the club. We can't really expect to compete with them if we aren't going to pay for good players. Obviously i wouldn't want the club to exceed their spending power which would do more bad than good but if we 'the fans' want the club to win the league and do it the right way we have to be patient and build up a team over a few years which are capable of winning the league, if we want to do it now the club have to compete in the market and wage wise, or, we accept we can't compete financially and lower our expectations, we can't have it both ways. I think some fans don't realise that. Basically a lot of fans want us to compete outwith our means now. I don't think our squad is good enough to win the league, that's not being negative that is just being honest. No point bull sh*tting and saying our squad is brilliant because who can honestly say we have the best squad in the league, anyone who does is kidding them self and they know it. I think the club did wrong by getting the fans hopes up with this 'go straight back up campaign' and i think the club were being dishonest here, all they were doing was trying to sell more season tickets rather than being straight with the fans. I think next summer we start over, get rid of the expectations and arrogance and start building a team that wants to play for the shirt. Or we go out and spend a fortune on players and put ourselves in the crapper, either way if we're commited to one way at least we're being honest. I personally would go for the first method and build up a team rather than later.

Edited by CaleyP

This point has been raised before and I'm sorry but it is one of the stupidest points ever brought up on this website. What were the club meant to do after relegation? Downplay our chances and run an advertising campaign saying "Pay ?200 and come and watch us struggle to a mid table finish! Whoo!" Of course they are going to big up the chances of promotion to try and boost season ticket sales which results in more income and more money to spend on the players.

There are plenty of things you can cite blame for this season (and seasons before) but saying the club mislead fans into buying a season ticket is daft in the extreme.

Edited by RiG
Daft typing.

Is it just me or was that not a ICT team worthy of a Highland Derby ?? Off the pitch it was as good as it ever was - if not actually more friendly - even the local polis talked to me !!!

There were players on the park who simply did not perform or appeared to realise the importance - and that goes for a couple who should know better - the Tinks wanted it more - the Tinks played for their jersys and they feckin deserved to win and it could have been more.

I actually feel sorry fer Butcher - as he has muppets above and below him and no spondoolachs to change it.

Sounds like my post after the first derby game ........

This is only my opinion and isn't a heat of the moment statement but BUTCHER GET TO F**K YOU AIN'T FIT TO MANAGE ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbo please come back.

Thoughts?

:angry:

How old are you ?

5 by the sounds of it , get a grip of yerself :angry: Nut job

No i am F***ing 21 and in future i would watch what your saying :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

;)

Surely County don't pay more? Thing is though if we want to win the league then we will have to compete with teams like that in the market if we want to attract good players to the club. We can't really expect to compete with them if we aren't going to pay for good players. Obviously i wouldn't want the club to exceed their spending power which would do more bad than good but if we 'the fans' want the club to win the league and do it the right way we have to be patient and build up a team over a few years which are capable of winning the league, if we want to do it now the club have to compete in the market and wage wise, or, we accept we can't compete financially and lower our expectations, we can't have it both ways. I think some fans don't realise that. Basically a lot of fans want us to compete outwith our means now. I don't think our squad is good enough to win the league, that's not being negative that is just being honest. No point bull sh*tting and saying our squad is brilliant because who can honestly say we have the best squad in the league, anyone who does is kidding them self and they know it. I think the club did wrong by getting the fans hopes up with this 'go straight back up campaign' and i think the club were being dishonest here, all they were doing was trying to sell more season tickets rather than being straight with the fans. I think next summer we start over, get rid of the expectations and arrogance and start building a team that wants to play for the shirt. Or we go out and spend a fortune on players and put ourselves in the crapper, either way if we're commited to one way at least we're being honest. I personally would go for the first method and build up a team rather than later.

I think this is an excellent post although I accept Rig's point re the season ticket sales.

That apart I think the above hits the nail on the head.

This point has been raised before and I'm sorry but it is one of the stupidest points ever brought up on this website. What were the club meant to do after relegation? Downplay our chances and run an advertising campaign saying "Pay ?200 and come and watch us struggle to a mid table finish! Whoo!" Of course they are going to big up the chances of promotion to try and boost season ticket sales which results in more income and more money to spend on the players.

There are plenty of things you can cite blame for this season (and seasons before) but saying the club mislead fans into buying a season ticket is daft in the extreme.

I agree with RiG , if anyone was stupid enough to buy a season ticket on the strength of us " bouncing back " then more fool them .

I agree with RiG , if anyone was stupid enough to buy a season ticket on the strength of us " bouncing back " then more fool them .

Exactly. But i dont think many people are that stupid.......are they?

Of course they were that stupid , just look at the polls on where we'll finish in the league / who'll win the league etc. and remember the " Believe " garbage as well .

I said that a few times. Even though i have said from the start to freinds we would not win it. I actually said i though it would be Partick!

Of course they were that stupid , just look at the polls on where we'll finish in the league / who'll win the league etc. and remember the " Believe " garbage as well .

I said that a few times. Even though i have said from the start to freinds we would not win it. I actually said i though it would be Partick!

So many negative posts the last few days, I am hissed off at the result, but P/T manager knew the opposition, the ground and had played the Tinks before.

He is a professional manager, probably well paid for the stint he puts in, is it 16 hours, Gosh I spend 7 hours flying to Dubai,

then two days later fly home .. so that is 14 hours, for 4 days perhaps I can be a pundit for Latvian football in my free time!!

I am also upset that neither Alex or I won the Euro Millions Jackpot, so I canna buy ICT, so back to work tomorrow

By the way it is srill the master plan to come to the Drumossie in February, unfortunately , Mrs L is coming too, but promises to bring balloons.

I will be happy to sit at the no friends table

Edited by latviaman

"Now I train for two hours a day, I'm off Wednesdays and Sundays, a game on a Saturday, two months off in the summer and getting well paid for it. Do you know what I mean?"
(Richie Foran in an interview with the Indy)

When I read this I found it a little troubling, if it's actually true (i.e. our players are only training for 8 hours a week) then its a bl00dy disgrace!!! If Butcher is truly as angry as his post-match interview this week suggested, surely it's time he forced our under-perfoming players to do an honest days work. They're supposed to be full time professionals afterall. If we were under any illusions as to how difficult a challenge it was going to be to win this league, we certainly shouldn't be anymore. I don't think it's time for Butcher to go, but it's certainly time for him to work alot harder than he has hitherto.

"Now I train for two hours a day, I'm off Wednesdays and Sundays, a game on a Saturday, two months off in the summer and getting well paid for it. Do you know what I mean?"
(Richie Foran in an interview with the Indy)

When I read this I found it a little troubling, if it's actually true (i.e. our players are only training for 8 hours a week) then its a bl00dy disgrace!!! If Butcher is truly as angry as his post-match interview this week suggested, surely it's time he forced our under-perfoming players to do an honest days work. They're supposed to be full time professionals afterall. If we were under any illusions as to how difficult a challenge it was going to be to win this league, we certainly shouldn't be anymore. I don't think it's time for Butcher to go, but it's certainly time for him to work alot harder than he has hitherto.

He only works twice as hard as his players for ICT then!!!

Caley can't afford to sack him due to relegation and the Niculae fiasco. When he goes it wil be Barry Wilson with Charlie Christie as assistant.

If thats the case I will not go to a caley game again what good was christie last time round? That is what is wrong with some caley fans. they think just because they gave good service to caley they can manage a team. It will take some tough talking disciplinarian to whip that unfit lot in to shape. As for saturday I've seen better passing in the street league! Don't think one pass forward was held certainly in the first half.

Back and fore across the goal mouth whats that all about! If i was esson i would have been raging at them.

The ref was dire , but then he did have duncan constantly arguing with him, that even annoyed me. Get on with it duncan and try to play with you're feet as good as you're tongue!

Get on with it duncan and try to play with you're feet as good as you're tongue!

If he could play with his feet as good as his tongue then he would certainly not playing at this low a level. I always find it quite ironic how he is the first to moan at a player after a misplaced pass as he is one of the worst passers of the ball in our team.

what good was christie last time round?

Highest ever placing of Inverness at 7th, although with more points than the 6th placed team due to the break. Nowhere near a relegation battle both seasons he had the team (something like 30-40 points above the last placed teams).

Mind you, didn't get us into the Champions League. Never even serious contenders for second place in the SPL. Not really good enough was it. :004: