FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Wilson

Have to admit that I joined in with some of the chanting but as much to put the **** off as much as anything else. My view is that it was afoul and it was a free kcik - BUT Barry played for it and left his leg trailing. I have seen it on Dewsbury Dudes mobile and Bazza's touch was going away from goals. Barry suffered becos of a terrible refereeing decision to give Foran a yellow for one of his more innocuous tackles and the resultant free kick - lets face it - was a feckin screamer.

Yeah he was the ultimate reson that we lost two points but he stuck his leg in as a pro. He was a ******* yesterday but he will always be a Legend.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to decide if Foran's second card was for persistent fouling or for dissent. There's a fair chance that he screamed at Mr Muir for being a 'feckin stupid blind c**t' and who are we to argue :lol:

I was trying to decide if Foran's second card was for persistent fouling or for dissent. There's a fair chance that he screamed at Mr Muir for being a 'feckin stupid blind c**t' and who are we to argue :lol:

According to the BBC reporter, Foran went crunching in on one of their players just before half-time. The ref gave a free kick, but took no further action - the reporter considered he was lucky not to be booked, and sent off at that stage.

According to the BBC reporter, Foran went crunching in on one of their players just before half-time. The ref gave a free kick, but took no further action - the reporter considered he was lucky not to be booked, and sent off at that stage.

But he was booked for a crunching tackle before half time (don't remember two crunchers). Could have been red on another day.

But he was booked for a crunching tackle before half time (don't remember two crunchers). Could have been red on another day.

Yes... the second one came just before the HT whistle.

According to the reporter he was lucky not to walk at that stage.

QOS are now playing his wages and he was simply doing for them yesterday what he did for us on numerous occasions

with considerable success for many seasons. His status as a member of the ICT Hall of Fame is unaffected in my eyes.

Apart from anything else, I'm in little doubt that he'd still be playing for us if he's been given any say in the matter.

QOS are now playing his wages and he was simply doing for them yesterday what he did for us on numerous occasions

with considerable success for many seasons. His status as a member of the ICT Hall of Fame is unaffected in my eyes.

Apart from anything else, I'm in little doubt that he'd still be playing for us if he's been given any say in the matter.

When he comes back, and that day may not be too far off, this will be forgiven.

Agree!! at the end of the day if he'd passed to ball to Foran he'd be in the same boat, for me the man is a legend and a pro... doing what he's paid to do, end of story, i bet you he was a wee bit gutted of the out come but he can not react infront of the fans or players end of story!! Bazza you are a legend as doing for QotS what you did for us.... An AWSOME JOB hurry back!!

And going by what the pundits said about us yesterday Foran AND Duncan were both being B****nds and should have been hooked at half time! so its there own fault!

Edited by Georgeios

Its a bad management call that Foran wasnt hooked.

As for Barry, you cant put a price on the job he did for us. He will be back at this eventually doing some job, that ive no doubt about. And cant wait for it.

I haven't seen the incident but I'm sure a carbon copy of it in an ICT strip in years gone by would indeed have brought forth a loud cheer from the Inverness support.

And indeed Kingsmills makes the point well that Barry is currently playing for QoS because, a year ago, ICT chose not to extend his contract. It is also worth making the point that when Barry went to Livingston this was, at the time, an opportunity to play in the SPL and in Europe which was not available in Inverness.

As far as I recollect, Barry is not currently a member of the ICT Hall of Fame because he was ineligible at the inaugural election since he was still at the club.

It is also worth making the point that when Barry went to Livingston this was, at the time, an opportunity to play in the SPL and in Europe

He signed for Livi when they were our 1st Division rivals.

and were able to more than double his wages. Surely can't be blamed for that.

But at the end of the day he was a professional playing for an opposing team who used his guile to get a free kick, conned the ref, got one of our players sent off, lose us two valuable points and spoiled the celebration of winning on the road - or he cheated, he knew exactly what he was doing, he got Foran sent off, he set up their equaliser and spolied a good day out.

He didnt deserve the extent of the slagging but he did deserve to be booed and wound up.

But at the end of the day he was a professional playing for an opposing team who used his guile to get a free kick, conned the ref, got one of our players sent off, lose us two valuable points and spoiled the celebration of winning on the road - or he cheated, he knew exactly what he was doing, he got Foran sent off, he set up their equaliser and spolied a good day out.

You wouldn't be complaining if the roles were reversed and he got a QotS player sent off. Barry owes us nothing and did what he has done for us on numerous occasions. He did it for Livi against us as well. I mind when he scored for Livi against us in Inverness he ran past the Home fans with his hand cupped to his ear winding up the Home support. Not as if we haven't seen it all before from the guy.

To be honest twas a bit embarrassing harassing a club legend like that. Even Barry seemed to be a bit hurt by it, when he came over and shook his head at the 'cheat cheat cheat' chants.

The refereeing was a disgrace anyways. The chants should have been aimed at him.

Wasn't at the game on Saturday but to hear things like this utterly sickens me. These sort of people who follow Caley Thistle nowadays are an utter disgrace and are nothing short of embarrassing. As far as i'm concerned Barry is by far the greatest player who has ever donned the red and blue of Caley Thistle and if the t*****s who were venting this sort of bile on Saturday can't see this or appreciate what he did while he was at the club then why don't they spend their Saturdays doing something more constructive like deciding which part of their acne ravaged faces are most deserving of a good splodge of clearasil. It's a long time since i was a regular attender of away games and the reason for that is the now underwhelming minority of moronic cretins who embarrass the club by behaving like this wherever they go. I'm sure these are the same sort of people who i am forced to sit amongst at home games whilst they whine and moan their way through 90 minutes, constantly berating anybody in the team who performes anywhere less than Lionel Messi on a good day.

Edited by themann4thejob
hiding abusive content

Yes Barry probably is one of the greatest players to have played for us, and he is still very fond of this club, but even he knows that players who move to other teams will always be targeted by their previous support. How much of it was banter and how much downright abuse I dont know cos I wasn't there but a bit of booing is part and parcel of the banter at a match.

Some may have reacted a bit harsher than they should but they seen Baz go down easy and the resultant free kick was scored. Had the same thing happened with Baz in an ICT shirt those same people would have cheered him.

ict123, I feel you may have gone a little over the top in your condemnations.