FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICY ROAD

WYNESS101

The mistake they made in that clip was to use the brakes. Should have bung it in first gear and steered the car to safety!

My thoughts too more or less, should have lightly touched the brakes and kept control instead of locking up all the wheels and abandoning ship. if in doubt jump out the car you are driving???

The person filming must have thought the road outside is really treacherous, so shall I go and put some salt or grit on the road or should I go upstairs with camera in hand hoping that someone crashes, so that I can film it.

In all honesty, only a good dose of luck was ever going to save them from the inevitable as the combination of ice and the slope was never going to allow them to regain control of the vehicle once it started to go. You just have to watch the lass sliding on her butt after jumping out to see that there was no grip whatsoever to be had.

As for them jumping from the vehicle....seems stupid on the face of it, but we don't know what was around the corner and how far the car did/could have slid and what momentum it might have picked up on the way. I'd rather hit something at 5 or 6 MPH without a car than hit something at 30 or 40 MPH in a car. In saying that, the guys timing was way off and he was lucky not to get run over.

As for someone sitting with a camera waiting for the inevitable....they need to give themselves a shake.

The original uploader (this link is not the original) already explained that the residents of the street were told not to drive on the street due to it being a sheet of ice, these idiots attempted it and jumped out of a moving car. The braking part I can understand, its a panic thing but to then jump out of the car is unbelievable. Even at 5-6mph hitting a brick wall with no protection could result in very nasty injuries, not to mention they were very close to being run over by their own car!

You will always get some **** attempting something when they are told not to!

Looking at it again I still would have used the brakes but not as hard as the car driver,the car was near stationary with all wheels locked up so there was some grip, the driver tried to correct the the turn going by the position of the wheels,which would have been a complete waste of time if the wheels aren't turning, it looks like they stuck the hand brake on,locked up the rear wheels and decided to jump very early going by how early the doors opened and going by where the car stopped it flattened off after the bend.

The driver had a lucky escape how would you explain running yourself over.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4112/damage2.jpg

The braking part I can understand, its a panic thing but to then jump out of the car is unbelievable.

Too right, watching it again the driver picks the worst possible time to jump out the car. Lucky the car was the only casualty.

The driver had a lucky escape how would you explain running yourself over.

Mr Brian Harvey of East17 ran over himself while driving and falling out of his own car a few years ago. He explained that he had eaten too many potatoes.