FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch/Stadium Clearing ***Derby OFF***

CaleyD

As per last week we require the following help to make Saturday?s game happen:

Thursday 31st December - 10am ? Volunteers required to remove snow from the stands and the pathways

Saturday 2nd January - 8am ? Volunteers required to remove snow from the pitch

Without help the game is in danger of not going ahead so we need as many people as possible. If you can help, please contact Tabitha Walker and give your name either by email Tabitha.walker@ictfc.co.uk or phone 01463 227453

We have a supply of plastic shovels and wheel barrows but if you have your own, please bring them down.

Thanks very much in advance for your support

p.s. Hot pies, tea, coffee & juice will be provided

Who's pies?

Will there be long queues for them?

Here's an idea, why don't you get down to TCS and direct your hot air towards the pitch....it would be cleared in no time at all then.

That was meant to be a joke, FFS... and not for the first time it's gone right over your head.

Have you had some kind of "sense of humour" by-pass surgery?

Edited by Johnboy

I'm sure there are plenty who cant help out for various reasons,but those who could,but just cant be ersed, should have a wee look at the definition of supporter,but dont worry cos someone else will do it eh?

JB, i'm sure CaleyD's sense of humour is as good as the next man,but constant sniping without some constructive input must wear thin for these lads trying to motivate folk who are quick to talk the talk but not so quick to walk the walk.

Are there ever any threads on this forum that don't descend into a total bitchfest/"i'm a bigger fan than you" type scenario?

This one? Unless you can read something I can't.

One poster made a topical joke and another enquired about the club being grateful enough to recompense volunteers with matchday tickets. So what?

Are there ever any threads on this forum that don't descend into a total bitchfest/"i'm a bigger fan than you" type scenario?

One poster made a topical joke and another enquired about the club being grateful enough to recompense volunteers with matchday tickets. So what?

That's my point exactly, why shouldn't somebody be compensated for giving up their free time to help clear the stands/pitch rather than have somebody jump straight down their throat just for enquiring about it? I'm not reffering to just this post but it looks to me that on this forum that there's a lot of "one upmanship" running through it at times, it seems that sometimes it's almost impossible for people to comment on anything without risk of it being hastily followed by some sort of snide remark. I hope anyone who is good enough to turn up to help get the stadium ready for Saturday is rewarded with a free ticket, i know times are hard at the club right now but it would cost them a lot more if the game had to be posponed and replayed midweek.

That's my point exactly, why shouldn't somebody be compensated for giving up their free time to help clear the stands/pitch rather than have somebody jump straight down their throat just for enquiring about it? I'm not reffering to just this post but it looks to me that on this forum that there's a lot of "one upmanship" running through it at times, it seems that sometimes it's almost impossible for people to comment on anything without risk of it being hastily followed by some sort of snide remark. I hope anyone who is good enough to turn up to help get the stadium ready for Saturday is rewarded with a free ticket, i know times are hard at the club right now but it would cost them a lot more if the game had to be posponed and replayed midweek.

TOPIC PLEASE!!!

Hi there Guys and Girls,

Hope you all had a good xmas :)

Could you please let me know if any of you are available to come down on Saturday morning to help with the clearing of the pitch? I will be in the office until 2pm today if you want to contact me you can phone 01463 227453 or email tabitha.walker@ictfc.co.uk

After that if you could PM me I will check my messages tonight and tomorrow.

Big thanks to you all in advance

Tabs xxxx

The snow seems to be getting heavier - hopefully we have enough bodies to ensure the games go ahead. Have the club enlisted the help of the youth squads. Im sure that due to the weather they have not been getting enough training in - maybe helping clear pitch/stadium could address this?

If the snow stays like this I don't think clearing will be much of a help. Is anyone else fed up of the snow?

The problem is any ice that might have formed on the stands and walkways....if they managed to get that cleared and a good amount of salt/grit down then baring a thaw/freeze cycle before Saturday then it will only need a quick sweep and re-salted.

The best thing the pitch can have at the moment is a good cover of snow...it keeps the frost off and is as effective as pitch covers, and was probably the main reason they managed to get the game on last weekend.

Will the fans that help get free entry to the game?

Can they no just do it for the good of their club. After all thats what supporting is supposed to be all about.

Yes, but i think you'll find that every club that usually gets fans to help, they will give out free tickets.

Will the fans that help get free entry to the game?

Can they no just do it for the good of their club. After all thats what supporting is supposed to be all about.

Yes, but i think you'll find that every club that usually gets fans to help, they will give out free tickets.

And then they probably have to deal with compulsive whingers like Mr 23... such as folk with season tickets complaining that they couldn't benefit from the free tickets.

As far as I am concerned, this thread boils down to:-

* Darren's original request for help.

* Tabitha's follow up to that.

* And Alex's very timely and well worded reminder that the thread was conceived as a plea for help and not a discussion on the merits of volunteering.

As for MOST of the rest... well nothing surprises me on here these days.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Edited by Charles Bannerman