FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Motherwell Game Off

jwok

Does anyone know when an inspection will take place? The SFA have a list of planned inspections for most ties but there is no information about the ICT v 'Well game.

Edited by themann4thejob

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the pitch is OK at the moment, the stumbling block will be the police allowing the game to go ahead with the road conditions and the resource availibility. As far as I know the main routes are ok, it's the minor roads that are the issue.

Much discussed topic on here, how many games have been called off at Inverness.

Well, according to the Courier on Tuesday, if the reporter has done his homework correctly, then here they are:-

20th Jan 2001------Morton------Frozen pitch

24th Feb 2001------Raith--------Snow

1st Jan 2003--------County-----Frozen pitch

11th Jan 2003------Arbroath----Frozen pitch

28th Feb 2004------Clyde-------Frozen pitch

10th Apr 2004------Brechin-----Fixture clash????

13th Feb 2005------Celtic-------Waterlogged pitch

So the County game is the eighth game called off at the Tulloch (Longman) Stadium since ICT started playing there.

Well, according to the Courier on Tuesday, if the reporter has done his homework correctly, then here they are:-

So the County game is the eighth game called off at the Tulloch (Longman) Stadium since ICT started playing there.

As far as im aware, i thought last weeks postponement was only our 2nd due to a frozen pitch?

As far as im aware, i thought last weeks postponement was only our 2nd due to a frozen pitch?

Last week was called off due fans safety again the pitch was going to be playable when the snow was cleared of it

Oh well saves me having to spend all day tomorrow digging car out of snow and clearing drive. Can't see it being any better on Tuesday as it starts to freeze at night and will probably be more dangerous for those on roads than middle of the day Saturday.

I can quite see where the Police are coming from. Im sure they have enough on their plate with the weather than having to marshall a football game and haviing to save countless Well fans on the way up. Meant to drop to -20 in the highlands this weekend - wouldn't fancy sitting for 90 minutes in minus temperatures.

All you old duffers would freeze to death.

Once again the police have recommended the match be cancelled because of what they see as a risk to public safety.

Between 2pm and 5pm on Saturday there will probably be greater crowds heading to and from Tesco Retail Park in quite dangerous conditions, both for cars and pedestrians.

And as if conditions weren't dangerous enough, many of these cars are likely to be driven by women. :021:

Shouldn't the police be recommending the closure of all retail parks on Saturday afternoons?

I dont agree with these decisions becuase of fans safety. I think the game should still be going ahead. Just looking at the Arsenal - Bolton game which was cancelled for the same reason. It was a crappy excuse considering the Bolton fans going to the game had already made it to London. How the hell was it not going to be safe for them?

The same I reckon would have been the same for our game. All the main roads are fine. There is a bit of slush on some of them but nothing serious. You drive a little bit slower but it is not dangerous. The only roads that have not been cleared are the ones that our around our houses (or mine anyway) and it is not that much hassle anyway.

Another thing is if people thought it would be too dangerous they just wouldnt go to the game and the people who were willing to make the journey would still get to watch a game of football

Once again the police have recommended the match be cancelled because of what they see as a risk to public safety.

Between 2pm and 5pm on Saturday there will probably be greater crowds heading to and from Tesco Retail Park in quite dangerous conditions, both for cars and pedestrians.

And as if conditions weren't dangerous enough, many of these cars are likely to be driven by women. :021:

Shouldn't the police be recommending the closure of all retail parks on Saturday afternoons?

The decisions have been made based on police advice. Its going to be exactly the same for most of the fixtures this weekend. Greeting about it won't change a thing so live with it.

And young John, the majority of idiots who cant drive in the snow, that I've encountered recently, have been men.

Wouldn't say the main roads are all that great. The A9 was closed only 2 nights ago remember!!

Correct decision and I can't see the game going ahead on Tuesday either. This weather is going to be here for a wee while yet, the only game which may get on is the rearranged County match. Asking fans to travel any distance in this weather is just a nonsense and simply strengthens the argument for summer football. John Beattie gets it exactly right in his blog (admittedly a rugby column but same arguments apply to football as far as I can see).

Well now they can put more people at the retail parks helping with all those broken hips.

Its really funny watching people trying to drive in the snow. Especially down here. Most people dont seem to have a scooby.