FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Euro 2012 Qualifiers

EWS

Am I right in thinking top 9 go through leaving 7 spots which means top runner up goes through and the rest go to play offs? Or is it just the top 7 runners up who qualify?

The first one. 9 group winners + best runner up + 4 play-off winners + hosts = 16

9+1+4+1 was 15 when I went to school :D

• 2 weeks later...

Scotland fixtures

Friday 3 September - Lithuania (away)

Tuesday 7 September - Liechtenstein (home)

Friday 8 October - Czech Republic (away)

Tuesday 12 October - Spain (home)

Saturday 3 September - Czech Republic (home)

Tuesday 6 September - Lithuania (home)

Saturday 8 October - Liechtenstein (away)

Tuesday 11 October - Spain (away

We have to get off to flyer or this could be over by the second week of October.

There was only a slim chance of us qualifying for this one being in Seed 3 and i think we needed someone like switzerland as 2nd and england as our top seed.

Switzerland are miles ahead of the Czechs, anyway can't really complain with the draw with second seeds like Switzerland, Greece and Turkey some could say we had a lucky escape. Czech reupublic have been sliding downhill, nto to say that means we'll pip them to second place but no one can complain - some were even hoping for them!

I don't mind the fixtures, but I do prefer the home games to fall on a Saturday right enough but as long as we're in Ukraine/Poland come 2012 I won't be complaining!