FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Morton

Renegade

Again I think the 4-2-3-1 has run it's course and ICT should back to 4-4-2 for the final push in the season -

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golabek

Odhiambo Cox Duncan Hayes

Rooney Foran

Subs - Allison, Sanchez, Proctor, McBain, Djebi-Zadi

Again I think the 4-2-3-1 has run it's course and ICT should back to 4-4-2 for the final push in the season -

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golabek

Odhiambo Cox Duncan Hayes

Rooney Foran

Subs - Allison, Sanchez, Proctor, McBain, Djebi-Zadi

Since we started playeing 4-2-3-1, our league stats are as follows: Won 7 Drawn 4 Lost 2.

We're also on an 8 game unbeaten run in the league, so changing the formation, dropping Proctor and Sanchez and moving Hayes over to the left doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

Since we started playeing 4-2-3-1, our league stats are as follows: Won 7 Drawn 4 Lost 2.

We're also on an 8 game unbeaten run in the league, so changing the formation, dropping Proctor and Sanchez and moving Hayes over to the left doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

But things run their courses. And it's not just that, the way this formation works is that at times Rooney's lost up front on his own and Foran isn't nearly as effective out on the wing. Go for the straight 4-4-2 and see how it goes.

But things run their courses. And it's not just that, the way this formation works is that at times Rooney's lost up front on his own and Foran isn't nearly as effective out on the wing. Go for the straight 4-4-2 and see how it goes.

I remember thinking that last season and wishing Butcher would play him further forward, which, in the end, he did. As far as I recall, though, when Foran played up front earlier this season there was far too much of a tendency to resort to long ball pish and just assume that Foran would get on the end of everything. I think the team as a whole has been more effective since Foran's been on the wing.

I take your point about Rooney sometimes looking isolated in the current system, but he's still doing his job fairly well. I'm not convinced the 4-2-3-1 has run its course yet; I'd be inclined to give Saturday's line-up another chance and hope the defence does its job a little better tomorrow.