FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The good ship Huddersfield...

Canada Bob

Just heard from the Rugby League fanatics in Wigin that Huddersfield should be a nice little earner tonight, they are playing a depleted Castleford {who have suspended 2 of their best players for disciplinary reasons, having a scrap with the coach so I'm told}, so they are down to fielding some of their youth squad against Huddersfiled Giants who have their best side out tonight.

I missed the 1/5 that was on offer, by the time I got told Huddersfield were 1/25 so I had to go for the ht/ft bet to get 1/5 to my money. I was after 10k to win 2k but after getting my first bet on here's what Corals offered me...

STAKE REQUESTED REVISED STAKE

1) Huddersfield v Castleford - HT/FT Result - Huddersfield/Huddersfield ?3,550.00 ?100.00

Bet ?3,550.00 ?100.00

TOTALS

STAKE REQUESTED REVISED STAKE

?3,550.00 ?100.00

REFUSE ACCEPT

100 rotten quid they were prepared to accept, a liability of just 20 quid FFS, I delined their offer...

Mind you, I managed to get this on, so it's an interest in the game.

logo.gifBET DETAILS

Bet IDClientResult5784-9154-01983581OpenResult dateReturns-?0.00Bet datePotential winnings09-04-2010 19:10:35?3,000.00Stake?2,500.00

EventChoiceODDSH/OURes 1Res 2Half20101412350

Huddersfield/Huddersfield

Huddersfield v Castleford - HT/FT ResultW

1/5 000

Back to the pub the now to watch it on SKY...

Canada Bob.

I had a little nosy at the various football league 'outright' odds around europe.

Bayern and Inter look not bad odds in their respective leagues mate.

William Hill were offering....

Inter Milan 8/13

Bayern Munich 4/9

I'm not so sure Norwich City at 1/66 is particularly worth it myself :lol:

You have to know the ins and outs of the teams and their run in games, just because they are odds on don't mean they are a good thing, look at Huddersfield tonight, it took them 15 minutes to put any points on the board, I was beginning to think the team was on draw/home or even Castleford/home the way they were playing, was I glad to see them go over the line then get the conversion, but 6-bowt aint a comfortable lead in Rugby at half time.

They ran out fairly comfortable winners, but some of the Wigin Mafia must have been sweating as they gave 22 points to get 10/11, if any of those conversions had gone astray {and they were all from touch line or close to it} the Mafia would have got skint tonight...

I'm happy enough to have bagged a Monkey...

Canada Bob.