FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

[merged] Supporters Club Buses

DornochCaley

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if the bus was a bit more publicised they would get more numbers. I know for the morton game the supporters bus couldn't get enough numbers but CaleyD could have filled 3 mini buses? Enough to run a coach. It was quite hard to find information about the bus, booking, times etc. Even a post on here every week about details would have surley lead to enough numbers for Morton.

I was actually on holiday when we played Raith away on a tues in October and tried to find out about the bus, when it left, how to book and I phoned the club who had no idea about supporters busses. It isn't very well publicised for a supporters bus

I find it really sad that the supporters bus seems to get such a bad press on the website. Its the olny means of transport for some people to be able to get to the games. There is not only the older support but quite a lot of younger people too.

I used the bus for the first time this season and really enjoyed the whole experience. Yes we did stop in Perth but we also got to Dumfries in plenty of time and managed a few drinks in a pub just outside the town centre.

Im sorry to hear that Cath is giving up this season and I just hope that somebody will take over becuase it would be sad to have no supporters bus going to the games.

I find it shocking that someone at the Club didn't know about the Supporters buses! Have they no interest in the Football Club at all? or just the pay packet. A very black mark to whoever it was (or a red card).

Maureen in the Shop travels on the Supporters bus to nearly every away game. Staff at ICT office obviously don't read their own paperwork - the programmes always have a bit about the away games. There's even a stone in the wall saying "bus leaves at 10".

Unless an extra long journey, the supporters bus always leaves the Stadium at 10am sharp for Saturday away games. Mid-week games are time organised as required.

I went on the bus years ago in Division 3 and 2 days. Moving away from the area, etc. meant I no longer used it after that. Was a great service then, even with the Perth stops which just became part of the journey. Think that was probably before the ban on alcohol on buses as there certainly were a few beers sunk on the bus then, particularly when the 'cage' buses were running (small downstairs area at the rear of the bus)!!

It's a great service for those who use it and I can't imagine it'll cease to exist as there was a bus before this Cath lady ran it and I'm sure there will be one after it. I don't mean that to sound like I'm belittling her efforts, I simply don't know her!

Having said that, JDM makes a good point about it being poorly advertised. I couldn't find out how to get in touch about it for the Morton game either and ended up making alternative arrangements before the late minibus was arranged. A simple forum post or even a match programme advert would be something for the next organiser to consider.

Agree with highlandexile. Feel really sorry for Kath. I personally havent used the bus as I dont live in Inverness and sometimes it is easier to take the car down the A82 or use the train. However, Im sure organising buses is a thankless job and thanks to the bus people can get to away games that they would find difficult to access otherwise. It may not be the ideal set up for everyone but folk are free to choose if they use the bus or not. If you dont like the no alcohol arrangement or the stopping arrangements well no one is forcing folk to use it.

so who is going to take on this job now? I bet there wont be a rush of volunteers for it. I bet Kath will continue to follow the team next year alll the more wothout this responsibility. I also bet that most of the people having a moan wont be first in the queue to take over. I also hope Kath realises that a lot of people are very grateful for her efforts and will miss her providing this service.

come on folks the league is almost won. Lets stop the squabling and moaning and get on with enjoying the football and supporting the team. I await the flack now but I have thick skin.

My posts were pure flippant sarcasm !!! Kath should simply ignore the whingeing of the minority and continue to deal with the peeple who use the Supporters bus on a regular basis. She simply organises the bus and rules are feckin rules.

I have never evidently often needed to use the bus - and on any few occasions that I have been travelling from Sneck I have opted for any alternative - not becos i am barred or been told that I aint wanted but becos I made the choice for summat else as I like a few drinks on ma way to a game.

And as fer **** it could mean babe or doll or love !!!

To be blunt I feel that this has all got OTT -

51mgWhddmRL._SL500.jpg

The bus is well good crack.

Had good times on it this season and last.

It also meant I could get to away games and I wouldn't have got to QoS if it wasn't for it.

I won't be on it again this season though :lol:

I apologise in advance for the number of quotes, but there was something I wished to comment on in nearly every post !

After years of being criticised, bad-mouthed, appreciated by only a few, Kath has had enough and is giving up being the Supporters bus organiser.
Having spent some time on the supporters club committee, I can definitely sympathise with Kath (and appreciate her efforts). It is a shame that she has decided to call it quits, but who knows, maybe now she can enjoy her away days in full !!!

The seat price has to remain competitive with public transport but fund raising events are only attended by a few and requests for other ideas for raising money have been unsuccessful.
This has ALWAYS been the case even going back 10+ years. The ONLY event that ever seemed to draw any significant numbers was the end of season party that kind of trailed off after the players were no longer "obliged" to turn up.

Taking verbal abuse and website abuse
The website does not abuse anyone, it is an inanimate object. We have also rapped knuckles when people crossed the line between bitching about the actual service into bitching about the person.

One other point though .... users might complain or raise issues via this particular website but in the absence of a dedicated supporters club site where else can users turn to to ask questions? We even setup the supporters club with an email address that has in the past forwarded mail to the personal accounts of various different officials of the supporters club so that the email address itself (supportersclub@caleythistleonline.com) could remain unchanged year after year.

So, who has the answer ? And, more importantly, who will organise the buses in future. I leave it up to you, Supporters, doubtless I will get plenty flak for even daring to put this on the website. My skin is much thinner than Kath's and I don't have a Bob to help. I take offence easily so no calling me a **** as I am unsure quite what is meant. I won't get to the away games either if there's not a Supporters bus and NO I will not be the bus convener as I couldn't take the stress. No thanks.
I think this is a question for the supporters club committee and not the supporters themselves.

If the supporters club are unable or unwilling to continue organising busses to away games (and trust me, I could totally understand if they were) - which seems to have been their primary function for a number of years - then the question has to be asked whether there is a need for both them and for the Supporters Trust ... would some form of amalgamation not be a better idea where a "travel club" could be organised within the Trust organisation ?

Why will you get flak for putting a valid subject on the website? Why so negative about the site? Are you deliberately trying to be antagonistic in order to get the very response you supposedly fear?

Maybe if the bus was a bit more publicised they would get more numbers. I know for the morton game the supporters bus couldn't get enough numbers but CaleyD could have filled 3 mini buses? Enough to run a coach. It was quite hard to find information about the bus, booking, times etc. Even a post on here every week about details would have surley lead to enough numbers for Morton.

I was actually on holiday when we played Raith away on a tues in October and tried to find out about the bus, when it left, how to book and I phoned the club who had no idea about supporters busses. It isn't very well publicised for a supporters bus

We DO have a page on here about the supporters club - its in the main menu, and we also offered to have a separate forum for busses/travel info. I have been waiting since the start of season 2008/09 for requested updates to the information and application forms on the main site.

This is not a dig at Kath or at anyone else, just pointing out that if we get any pertinent information from Club, Trust, Supporters Club or anyone else that is helpful to fans we will ALWAYS publish it. However we are neither psychic, nor do we have enough time to be going around chasing others for the info.

I find it shocking that someone at the Club didn't know about the Supporters buses! Have they no interest in the Football Club at all? or just the pay packet. A very black mark to whoever it was (or a red card).

Staff at ICT office obviously don't read their own paperwork - the programmes always have a bit about the away games. There's even a stone in the wall saying "bus leaves at 10".

So you dont want anyone to slag you off because you are not as thick skinned as Kath, but you find it quite acceptable to slag off Club staff and even call for a "red card" for one of them. Unbelievable display of double standards.

Having said that, JDM makes a good point about it being poorly advertised. I couldn't find out how to get in touch about it for the Morton game either and ended up making alternative arrangements before the late minibus was arranged. A simple forum post or even a match programme advert would be something for the next organiser to consider.
It is advertised but I dont believe it is as well advertised as it could be. Again, we are happy to display any information the supporters club send us about this service or any other events (which Kath normally posts herself in the forum).

However, Im sure organising buses is a thankless job and thanks to the bus people can get to away games that they would find difficult to access otherwise. It may not be the ideal set up for everyone but folk are free to choose if they use the bus or not. If you dont like the no alcohol arrangement or the stopping arrangements well no one is forcing folk to use it.
This is probably the first statement I have agreed with !!!

so who is going to take on this job now? I bet there wont be a rush of volunteers for it. I bet Kath will continue to follow the team next year alll the more wothout this responsibility. I also bet that most of the people having a moan wont be first in the queue to take over. I also hope Kath realises that a lot of people are very grateful for her efforts and will miss her providing this service.
This is the second statement I agree with !!!

It is advertised but I dont believe it is as well advertised as it could be. Again, we are happy to display any information the supporters club send us about this service or any other events (which Kath normally posts herself in the forum).

Where is it advertised? If it's in the match programme not everyone buys them. Would be a good idea to have a sticky post about the bus and details, contacts before away games. I don't travel on the bus much, think I have only ever been on it 2-3 times in my life but it would surely help with attracting numbers. The morton game is a good example as there wasn't enough demand to run a bus but there was plenty of demand when a bus was suggested here.

This is and always has been a thorny issue. There may not be a flood of people wanting to run the buses, but it does give us a chance to establish what we want from such a service, what the rules governing its use should be and a chance to make it an inclusive service. Whether you like it or not, there was always the air of a "private" club around the supporters club bus - I have heard people describe themselves as being "one of Cath's chosen few" in that they could surreptitiously consume alcohol whilst others were taken to task. If a process of selection was in place, then I'm afraid that those who find themselves outside the clique will take potshots, and if you created the situation you have to be big enough to take the (sometimes misguided) criticism. Thanks Cath, for doing as good a job as you could for so long, but this creates an opportunity for someone else to take the idea to the next level.

Where is it advertised? If it's in the match programme not everyone buys them. Would be a good idea to have a sticky post about the bus and details, contacts before away games. I don't travel on the bus much, think I have only ever been on it 2-3 times in my life but it would surely help with attracting numbers. The morton game is a good example as there wasn't enough demand to run a bus but there was plenty of demand when a bus was suggested here.

We do not have a problem with that if someone from the supporters club wants to supply the info every week. They can post it and we will most definitely 'sticky' it.

Why are the club not directly involved in organising / running buses?

Don't imagine a single Football Club in the UK arranges supporters buses to games, bar the odd one off special occasion. That is what Supporters Clubs are essentially for I would argue.

Had a wee look for where it is advertised and can't find anything on this site bar travel directions to TCS. I don't buy a match programme and don't recall seeing posts on here regarding it, which to me would be the logical place on the only ICT fans site. Not a criticism of CTO in any way as it is up to the bus organisers (Supporters Club) to promote it. A simple sticky post every time a bus is running is surely not a big ask from them. It would possibly get more people to join the Supporters Club if the service was more widely known about with knock on effects for attendance at fund raising events if it wasn't the same members being aware of events every time?

Staff at ICT office obviously don't read their own paperwork - the programmes always have a bit about the away games. There's even a stone in the wall saying "bus leaves at 10".

So you dont want anyone to slag you off because you are not as thick skinned as Kath, but you find it quite acceptable to slag off Club staff and even call for a "red card" for one of them. Unbelievable display of double standards.

If the supporters have trouble getting information, and the club are struggling to get information, then surely the issue was the Supporters Club getting the information out there. They shouldnt need to be chased.

Anyway, getting infromation 'out there' seems to be a side issue in the wider scheme of things. I have used the bus before and Kath has been generous enough to allow one-way seating when people have been stuck in the past. I cannot thank Kath enough for her hard work and it surely seems like it's a thankless task.

I also don't think it is entirely Kath's fault, if at all, and that a 'clique' had formed amongst those who use the bus. It is this 'clique' that has singled themselves away from other supporters because of comments/remarks made/reacted to, a 'your face doesnt quite fit' attitude (something noticed in a few posts today) and finally a 'comfort zone' that they dont want interupted by new comers - by this i mean the away day routine.

IMHO it has nothing to do with drinking on the buses, or indeed stopping in Perth on the way back, but I for one would prefer to get to my destination in good enough time to meet my pals, get the craic, have a few shandies etc etc. Leaving late knowing roadworks could make me miss kick off, stopping in Perth on the way down so someone can have a smoke, or even being told to turn my personal music player down so someone else can read in peace, doesnt really strike me as decent pre-match craic.

The solution, as mentioned before, was to have 2 departure times for buses. one at 8am for those wanting the above, and the later 10am bus that currently operates. This was mentioned a few times, and the earlier bus has certainly proved a hite the occasions the Trust/Innes/CTO laid one on.

I just hope the Supporters Bus runs in some capacity, as it'll be a complete shame for those who depended on it, to miss out on their away day. Once again though, thank you to Kath and her team

I fear the "coincidental" announcement of a Supporter's Trust bus combined with the announcement that the supporters club no longer have a co-ordinator for their buses may well spell the death of the supporters club bus and perhaps the supporters club itself. Maybe a bigger Trust is on the horizon? The supporters who are members of the club could easily be assimilated* into the trust.

*I am sure assimilated is the correct term, is it not?

I fear the "coincidental" announcement of a Supporter's Trust bus combined with the announcement that the supporters club no longer have a co-ordinator for their buses may well spell the death of the supporters club bus and perhaps the supporters club itself. Maybe a bigger Trust is on the horizon? The supporters who are members of the club could easily be assimilated* into the trust.

*I am sure assimilated is the correct term, is it not?

Given that one person (not sure if they are a trust member /official or not) posted the information about the supporters club co-ordinator and a Trust member posted what is presumably a decision by the entire committee of the Trust to organise a bus .. then yes, co-incidental is probably a good word to choose birdog !!!

I am sure they made this decision well before the post you refer to appeared and probably did so because there is a chance we could be winning a title at any one of the three matches we have left and therefore there is (or may be) a demand for additional buses.

As for the other theory you seem to be embarking upon, I would urge you to stop as your deductions are quite wrong.

As for the other theory you seem to be embarking upon, I would urge you to stop as your deductions are quite wrong.

Consider it stopped Scotty, feel free to lock that topic so no-one goads me into replying.