FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

[merged] Supporters Club Buses

DornochCaley

I think Kath deserves a medal for all her hard work. I have used supporters bus quite often and have found everyone friendly and welcoming. And it is not full of old fogeys - a lot of young boys travel on it. It is a great service as without it many people would not be able to travel to support ICT.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just this minute gotten around to reading this thread and I'd like to make a few points that may, hopefully, stop the 'clique' insinuations and other suspicions.

1. Kath Fraser is the bus co-ordinator for the Supporters Club. This is a membership club, funded by membership fees and fund raising. The buses are subsidised by the Supporters Club. Supporters Club members know the travel plans and rules of travel and make their own choice whether or not to use the bus (es). Members of the Supporters Club have first chance to a seat on the bus (es). Non members have travelled if a seat was available.

2. Many who are complaining are not members of the Supporters Club so have no right to complain.

3. The Supporters Trust are running a bus to the Ayr match. This is a one off and is, I believe, extra to the Supporters Club arrangements. The Trust are opening their bus to any fan looking for transport to this game. They have also organised their timing and routing differently to the Supporters Club.

It may well be, come next year, that both or either of the above organisations run buses. It may well be that we'll see the ressurection of the 'Innes' bus. Maybe the football club will run buses. Each and every one of those options are available but the bottom line will have a lot to do with cost. Buses need to be booked in advance and paid for in full regardless of numbers of seats filled so, if people want them available they must commit to them. Our first couple of seasons in SPL seen the Supporters Club running two buses. This diminished to not being able to fill one in recent times. Kath Fraser done a great job of organising but some people preferred a different approach so made other arrangements. If people want a bus, and the demand is there, to get them there earlier it can be arranged but the demand and committment has to be there also.

Remember though that no matter who runs the buses or when they travel and with whom alcohol is banned on all buses in Scotland. The driver can be fined up to ?1000.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
spelling

Just this minute gotten around to reading this thread and I'd like to make a few points that may, hopefully, stop the 'clique' insinuations and other suspicions.

1. Kath Fraser is the bus co-ordinator for the Supporters Club. This is a membership club, funded by membership fees and fund raising. The buses are subsidised by the Supporters Club. Supporters Club members know the travel plans and rules of travel and make their own choice whether or not to use the bus (es). Members of the Supporters Club have first chance to a seat on the bus (es). Non members have travelled if a seat was available.

2. Many who are complaining are not members of the Supporters Club so have no right to complain.

3. The Supporters Trust are running a bus to the Ayr match. This is a one off and is, I believe, extra to the Supporters Club arrangements. The Trust are opening their bus to any fan looking for transport to this game. They have also organised their timing and routing differently to the Supporters Club.

It may well be, come next year, that both or either of the above organisations run buses. It may well be that we'll see the ressurection of the 'Innes' bus. Maybe the football club will run buses. Each and every one of those options are available but the bottom line will have a lot to do with cost. Buses need to be booked in advance and paid for in full regardless of numbers of seats filled so, if people want them available they must commit to them. Our first couple of seasons in SPL seen the Supporters Club running two buses. This diminished to not being able to fill one in recent times. Kath Fraser done a great job of organising but some people preferred a different approach so made other arrangements. If people want a bus, and the demand is there, to get them there earlier it can be arranged but the demand and committment has to be there also.

Remember though that no matter who runs the buses or when they travel and with whom alcohol is banned on all buses in Scotland. The driver can be fined up to ?1000.

Good post.

Not so sure I agree with you on this bit alex...

Many of the people who complain may not be members, but have used the service once or twice before. If you use a service, member or non, you have a right to voice your opinion, good or bad.

Even if people have not used the service, they are surely entitled to explain their reasons why - one of which (outwith the alcohol issue which is law) is the 'clique' that has formed, willingly or not, when it comes to supporters bus arrangements.

One poster earlier through this thread mentioned something about singling people out as a priority compared to others who are less so. If that's not a clique then i dont know what is.

I'll re-itterate what i said in a previous post, that Kath deserves a lot of praise for the years of work she's done and that perhaps through no fault of her own things have not worked out. I wish her all the best and am certain she'll enjoy football so much more without the hasstle.

I fear the "coincidental" announcement of a Supporter's Trust bus combined with the announcement that the supporters club no longer have a co-ordinator for their buses may well spell the death of the supporters club bus and perhaps the supporters club itself. Maybe a bigger Trust is on the horizon? The supporters who are members of the club could easily be assimilated* into the trust.

*I am sure assimilated is the correct term, is it not?

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

I have been critical in the past of where the bus stops, how long for and for that reason I no longer use it, when my membership expired, it didn't seem to matter that the club was no longer getting my money.

So to whoever takes this over.

Entice people to join who would hardly ever use it but know its handy to have,(people like me)and keep in touch by quarterly round robin email, that would soon strengthen funds and help maintain the numbers.

PS enjoy your responsibility free football matches Kath.

Entice people to join who would hardly ever use it but know its handy to have,(people like me)and keep in touch by quarterly round robin email, that would soon strengthen funds and help maintain the numbers.

Maybe you should take over. You seem to have all the answers.

You would just ban him from riding on a bus over the internet though. Then it would be back to square 1

You would just ban him from riding on a bus over the internet though. Then it would be back to square 1

Was it 3 or was it 4 times this season you've contacted Kath's mobile to get a seat on the bus Joe? I thought you didn't know how to contact her about it?

Wooof that will be me banned as well then?

And your answer is once. I went to Raith away in October. As I was on holiday I wanted to go down to the game but couldn't find anything about the busses on here, I phoned the stadium and was told they didn't know anything about the busses as they are not run through the club, I think I even put a post up asking if anyone knew and was given a mobile number to phone. I suppose you can count a 2nd time when I asked about the Morton game but was told there was no bus due to not enough interest...which turned out to be far from true as there was plenty people here who wanted to go and would have if the supporters bus was advertised or there was some information given out. A simple post here and they would have had enough numbers for a coach going by the demand for CaleyD's minibus.

I am not having a go at Kath personaly I am saying there is little to no information about the busses anywhere and I had great problems trying to find out if there was even a bus and what time it left. Are you trying to say I'm wrong about the bus being well known and advertised? :blink:

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

Also 12th Man was just giving some feedack and suggestions so why the need to have a go at him? You are getting awful defensive about it.

And your answer is once. I went to Raith away in October. As I was on holiday I wanted to go down to the game but couldn't find anything about the busses on here, I phoned the stadium and was told they didn't know anything about the busses as they are not run through the club, I think I even put a post up asking if anyone knew and was given a mobile number to phone. I suppose you can count a 2nd time when I asked about the Morton game but was told there was no bus due to not enough interest...which turned out to be far from true as there was plenty people here who wanted to go and would have if the supporters bus was advertised or there was some information given out. A simple post here and they would have had enough numbers for a coach going by the demand for CaleyD's minibus.

I am not having a go at Kath personaly I am saying there is little to no information about the busses anywhere and I had great problems trying to find out if there was even a bus and what time it left. Are you trying to say I'm wrong about the bus being well known and advertised? :rolleyes:

Christ, where to start.......

For a kick off, there was about 13 people who booked on the supporters bus to Morton. Not enough to run it. As for your statement about their being plenty of people wanting to go - why did only a minibus run if that was the case?

Secondly, the supporters bus has been running sice the club formed. It isn't a new thing. Quite why you have taken 16 years to turn around and say it isn't advertised enough is, quite frankly, astounding. The bus is advertised in the program, and up until not so long ago, was announced over the tannoy at home games.

As I said to your mate, the job is up for grabs, why not grab it?

I am not having a go at Kath personaly I am saying there is little to no information about the busses anywhere and I had great problems trying to find out if there was even a bus and what time it left. Are you trying to say I'm wrong about the bus being well known and advertised? :rolleyes:

For a kick off, there was about 13 people who booked on the supporters bus to Morton. Not enough to run it. As for your statement about their being plenty of people wanting to go - why did only a minibus run if that was the case?

Secondly, the supporters bus has been running sice the club formed. It isn't a new thing. Quite why you have taken 16 years to turn around and say it isn't advertised enough is, quite frankly, astounding. The bus is advertised in the program, and up until not so long ago, was announced over the tannoy at home games.

ok...well CaleyD can only drive one bus at a time but there was more interest, I think he said he could have filled 3 mini busses, which could have helped run a supporters bus if it was simply posted here, there is no arguing with this!

So what if it's been around for 16 years, what has that got to do with anything?? I didn't want to go 16 years ago I wanted to go to Raith in October and Morton this month. And it being announced over the tanoy in the past isn't going to help anything in the present time is it? :rolleyes: Also not everyone gets a programme!

It is not me just saying that it isn't well advertised as other posters have said the same thing, maybe you are in the know about the bus but that doesn't help people who are not regular travellers and who only want to go now and then by bus. So this might 'astound' you but if you are not a regular traveller or in the know and fancy going to an away game on the bus one day how do you find out about it?? I looked through my posts before Raith game and I think I put up two or three messages asking if anyone knew about the supporters bus and there was not one answer! So you can not honestly try and pretend the bus, times, contact details etc are well advertised becasue it is simply not true.

Save your handbag waving for tomorrow :rolleyes:

If they managed to take more money in from memberships, whether people went or not they could, in theory run a half to 3/4 full bus. Is that a bad thing ?

So I dont really understand what your gripe is.

It could be better advertised though, we know that there is a bus running to Ayr thanks to this site, its easy to see the post, we know where its leaving from, what time, where its going, who to contact and a free lunch thrown it to boot.

Edited by 12th Man

It could be better advertised though, we know that there is a bus running to Ayr thanks to this site, its easy to see the post, we know where its leaving from, what time, where its going, who to contact and a free lunch thrown it to boot.

It quite clear now that you have to contact Kath but I was sent her number by someone who knew it. If i wanted to go to Ayr I still wouldnt be to sure how to book, where is the details? I can't just phone up the opperator and ask for Kath bus.

There does seem to be a wee group and if you havn't been on the bus for a while then they don't really show much initiative to branch out or get more numbers. A quick look through this topic shows lots of people didnt know anything about the bus or how to book for recent games and therefore made other plans.

There is no need to get so defensive MabawaswaRichie, and some comments such as saying its been going for 16 years so why do I only want to go now just reinforce people's belief that there is a clique of people prefered and the rest who want to go now and then aren't to welcome.

It quite clear now that you have to contact Kath but I was sent her number by someone who knew it. If i wanted to go to Ayr I still wouldnt be to sure how to book, where is the details? I can't just phone up the opperator and ask for Kath bus.

There does seem to be a wee group and if you havn't been on the bus for a while then they don't really show much initiative to branch out or get more numbers. A quick look through this topic shows lots of people didnt know anything about the bus or how to book for recent games and therefore made other plans.

There is no need to get so defensive MabawaswaRichie, and some comments such as saying its been going for 16 years so why do I only want to go now just reinforce people's belief that there is a clique of people prefered and the rest who want to go now and then aren't to welcome.

Click on pinned: Supporters Trust Bus to Ayr important topics on the ICT page probably 5 lines above this one for the time being.

Click on pinned: Supporters Trust Bus to Ayr important topics on the ICT page probably 5 lines above this one for the time being.

Afraid that is a totaly different unrelated bus to the supporters club one.

But the supporters club only needs to follow the same example with a post at the start of every week giving all details of the bus.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

What tosh. Everyone who is a member of the supporters club is welcome. If I called Caley D a profanity, would I still expect to be welcome on a bus he had arranged?

As for cliques, you're part of the biggest one linked to the club.

What tosh. Everyone who is a member of the supporters club is welcome. If I called Caley D a profanity, would I still expect to be welcome on a bus he had arranged?

haha and please tell me what clique I am in?? This is going to be funny...

And I am not talking about DC and have no idea what he said or if you decided he is welcome or not. My main problem was not knowing about the bus as its not advertised or know to people. This is not having a go at any one personaly as I wanted to go to go certain games on the bus I just didn't know how and many others have the same problem. That is clear but you seem to be denying it which is ridiculas.

The bus organised by Caley D is a Supporters Trust bus and therefore I'm certain you could call Caley D a profanity and still travel. We have called him many profanities but haven't been stopped travelling. All welcome, no need to be a Trust member, any fan can travel

If I refused travel to everyone that had every called me a name or disagreed with me on something I'd be running empty buses :rolleyes: