FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Terry Butcher : An apology.

Johnboy

About half way through the season when we were sitting uncomfortably in the bottom half of the Div 1 table, I posted something to the effect that TB's appointment of manager was proving to be, not only a huge gamble by the club/ board, but one that could end up having dire consequences, and even threaten the very survival of the club.

I do apologise - I couldn't have been more wrong! What TB has achieved in 4 short months is just unbelievable. Bringing in Foran, Hayes and Cox, and perservering with Adam Rooney up front, has proved to be a masterstroke which couldn't have worked out any better. Add to that replacing Hastings with Golabeck, and turning Ross Tokely into a very solid, dependable centre back has now turned ICT into something very special. Reliable contributions too, from guys like Esson, Munro, Duncan, Proctor, McBain and Odhiambo also deserve a special mention for enhancing the spirit that goes right through the entire squad. The departure of guys like Black, Rankine and Cowie have now become a distant memory.

I am fairly confident that TB will influence most, if not all of those who's contracts are about to expire, to sign up for at least 1 more season.

During ICT's previous tenure in the SPL they were often credited as being a hard team to beat. With the present squad, combined with the re-assuring guidance of TB and MM, I reckon you ain't seen nothing yet!

Roll on next season. It will be very interesting to see just how far TB's ICT will go in the SPL.

Now, pass me over another slice of that humble pie.

Good on ya johnboy.

The season has been a real big rollercoaster. I think most people on here have said things they wish they hadn't. Terry Butcher was like a god yesterday, the fans were in awe of him. He conducted the orchestra brilliantly, even better than Freddie Mercury at Live Aid.

Theres only one Terry Butcher.

About half way through the season when we were sitting uncomfortably in the bottom half of the Div 1 table, I posted something to the effect that TB's appointment of manager was proving to be, not only a huge gamble by the club/ board, but one that could end up having dire consequences, and even threaten the very survival of the club.

I do apologise - I couldn't have been more wrong! What TB has achieved in 4 short months is just unbelievable. Bringing in Foran, Hayes and Cox, and perservering with Adam Rooney up front, has proved to be a masterstroke which couldn't have worked out any better. Add to that replacing Hastings with Golabeck, and turning Ross Tokely into a very solid, dependable centre back has now turned ICT into something very special. Reliable contributions too, from guys like Esson, Munro, Duncan, Proctor, McBain and Odhiambo also deserve a special mention for enhancing the spirit that goes right through the entire squad. The departure of guys like Black, Rankine and Cowie have now become a distant memory.

I am fairly confident that TB will influence most, if not all of those who's contracts are about to expire, to sign up for at least 1 more season.

During ICT's previous tenure in the SPL they were often credited as being a hard team to beat. With the present squad, combined with the re-assuring guidance of TB and MM, I reckon you ain't seen nothing yet!

Roll on next season. It will be very interesting to see just how far TB's ICT will go in the SPL.

Now, pass me over another slice of that humble pie.

not meant to be nasty, but,and \|I read your posts avidly, Are you on your second pie or third???

Guest Mahonio

I may as well come out and do the same as i came out with a bit worse than Johnboy (in fact i got a warning for racisct remark so that tells you something about what i said which i am sure most on here know anyway). It was a bit of stupidity TBH and i do regret it bigstyle as it was just impatience for getting a run going and now that we have won the league convincingly i feel ashamed of myself for writing that comment.

there were probably very few of us that thought after the cup final and the defeat to partick that we would end up winning the league (i hold my hands up and didnt think it was possible). well done to those who believed

To the OP and mahonio, I reckon you are both stars to stick yer heads above the parapet on this one. Time to put this to bed though, 'cause we are champions.

Be happy people! :blush02:

I do apologise -

You are not on your own. I think the world and his wife expected the team to struggle this season.

As an interested onlooker, recently arrived in the locality, I was amazed when I looked at the league table a few weeks ago. I though I was seeing things. I mean Dundee brought in a new manager, to steady their ship. What a co-ck up that was , the biggest since Monz as they say.

No point dwelling in the past. Next season will be tough. St Johnstone have shown a promoted team can do reasonably well in the SPL. If ICT can hold their own it well be a sucess, don't expect too much.

Edited by Laurence

Well, Johnboy, as it appears that you now believe in miracles I am sure you now believe me when I told you that Matilda, our resident cat, speaks. Oh and by the way, there really was no broomstick--she simply goes like a rocket when she has the need to take off.

She is now intoning "uh-huh" in response to any information I give her in the passing. This is fact!

Now, would you like to know who is going to win the dundee game--just send me a P.M. for a confidential reply?

Like, I like you. :D

As Scotty said thank you very much but also a big big apology from me too, I was very sceptical at the start of the season and very vocal with it. I am sorry, I should have believed but I have never in my life been so happy to admit that I was completely wrong. Thanks guys.

Very happy to repeat my apology in this thread since it seems to be the place to put them!

You forgot to say paying off Barrowman was another masterstroke. Our forwards started scoring regularly after he was leveraged off the payroll.

I did think about that.... and yes, it was definitely a factor.

Another turning point for me was the cup game with Motherwell.... They played out their skins that night - totally destroyed 'Smell....Dougie Imrie played his best ever game for us, and of course it turned out to be his last....but somehow the mood he was that night in rubbed off on the rest of team..... the great thing is, they've managed to keep it going.

Football's such a funny old game... no wonder we never get tired of it.

Edited by Johnboy