FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch Invasion Repercussions

Kyisback

Right enough when you put it like that it it probably is the only way to go about things. I'm the same, while I don't agree with any club getting fined it is the only way I can think of to deter fans from running on the pitch.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pitch was cleared, on each ocassion, in no more than a minute. This is about the same time it takes to restart after a goal celebration. It was a spur of the moment reaction. One person does it, and others quickly follow suit. Although I agree it was a bit daft, the SFL should see sense and at the very most, give the club a slap on the wrist.

Right enough when you put it like that it it probably is the only way to go about things. I'm the same, while I don't agree with any club getting fined it is the only way I can think of to deter fans from running on the pitch.

Fines won't deter fans. Fans couldn't give a monkey's about fines. It's like making a naughty school child write lines, they don't learn a lesson from it. The threat of points deductions and transfer embargos would make fans think twice about soiling their club's name. I'm not saying this should happen to us though!!!

The pitch was cleared, on each ocassion, in no more than a minute. This is about the same time it takes to restart after a goal celebration. It was a spur of the moment reaction. One person does it, and others quickly follow suit. Although I agree it was a bit daft, the SFL should see sense and at the very most, give the club a slap on the wrist.

I hear you, but unfortunately thats not the way they work ..... we will be lucky to get a slap for Ayr (and I agree thats what we should get at most, with Ayr having no sanction against them either), but if we do it again this week it will be more likely the equivalent of a hard kick in the nuts and we will deserve it.

Fines won't deter fans. Fans couldn't give a monkey's about fines. It's like making a naughty school child write lines, they don't learn a lesson from it. The threat of points deductions and transfer embargos would make fans think twice about soiling their club's name. I'm not saying this should happen to us though!!!

Fines should deter fans though ...... we are not rich enough that we can absorb a fine of 10K or more .... it will come out of the budget somewhere .... and at its most basic, as I posted above, could be the difference between retaining an exciting young prospect or having to let him go .....

I don't understand why ICT should be fined. It wasn't their fault people ran on the pitch. If it was a home game I would understand as it's their responsobility to put the stewards in place and at Somerset it is Ayr's responsobility to put them in place. But what could ICT done to stop it?

The beaks would argue that the players should not have run to the fans. Ayr moved most of their stewards behind the goal, so they would argue that they did all they could.

It was all pretty good natured. The stewards were just concerned that people got off the pitch, didn't seem to be haeavy anded and people got off the pitch quickly. The local Polis didn't seem particularly bothered either.

I'm inclined to agree that it won't look good if it happens again on Saturday.

Fines should deter fans though ...... we are not rich enough that we can absorb a fine of 10K or more .... it will come out of the budget somewhere .... and at its most basic, as I posted above, could be the difference between retaining an exciting young prospect or having to let him go .....

I understand that. We don't have a Man City-sized piggy bank. I guess what I mean is fans don't fully understand the financial side of a football club. Remember a couple of years back when West Ham were caught up in that whole Carlos Tevez nonsense? They were threatened with either a points deduction, which would have seen them relegated, or a fine. In the end they were fined ?5.5m and stayed up. A few of my friends are West Ham fans and thet couldn't care less. They were just glad they weren't deducted points and relegated.

It is unlikely that the SFL will do anthing about this simply because it's the SFA who have sole responsibility for discipline in Scottish football. The ref has to report that on two occassions during this game play was stopped because fans were on the pitch. It may be that we are sanctioned for this or it may be that the SFA realise the exuberance and good nature and do nothing about it.

Either way it will not be a good idea to invade the pitch during the match on saturday. The consequences of such action could be very bad for the club. It could also be very bad for the fans who carry out such an act. Trivial trhough it may seem a charge of breach of the peace could be the difference between having a future career and not having one. Think on before you act.

For some reason my computer only lets me type a response in the fast reply section, so I'm not able to quote but it was with SotonCaleyFan saying he doesn't think fines would deter fans.

We seem to be falling into semantics.

Most people agree that what happened at Ayr happened and que sera.

Some differing views on what sanctions should be taken, if any, and the rights and wrongs of that, but most appreciate that it wouldn't be sensible to repeat the exercise this Saturday as they risk both themselves and the club getting into bother....and that's the crux of the discussion.

We can all enjoy the game and the atmosphere just as much from the stands during the match....bring on Dundee!!!

Basically, I'm saying fans worry about things like points deductions because it threatens their league position. Fans worry more about how high up the league they finish than they do about what goes on behind the scenes and in the boardrooms. At a club like ICT the fans will most likely take note and sit there with halos over their heads. Other, more well off clubs such as most Prem teams, the fans wouldn't give it a second thought.

Perhaps the club wishes to make a statement or give fans planning to go on the pitch after the game some advice?

The statement would likely be 'come along, enjoy the party, and have a great time in the stands, but do not encroach onto the field of play'.

Anything else - such as saying no action would be taken, or saying it was OK to do it at the end of the game is opening up way too big a can of worms for them as it could be regarded as tacit approval of a breach of the league rules (and therefore basically inviting a large fine) and also, in terms of action taken, it is the police not the club who would decide on that.

Its been made pretty clear now.

Regardless of ICT getting fined, if a fan is stupid enough to run on to the pitch after all of these warnings when ICT score against Dundee, they are going to miss the rest of the game, the lifting of the cup and maybe even a ban for next season. Save it to the end and enjoy all of the day.

A reliable source tells me that Dundee's training this week consists of seeing how fast they can run down a tunnel when they hear a whistle.

Something to do with Butcher asking the fans not to strip the players.

Aye, at the end of the game though, not during it.

What would have happened if a player had tripped over during the intrusions and dewsburydude fell on him, we could have had a funeral on our hands.

All said, it was a harmless bit of fun, but they may still take a dim view of it just in case someone got injured.

All the players and fans are safe this week Mannie, I will not be going on no pitch this week.

You are daft if you go on the pitch during play...... you are just going to spoil the day for yourself when you are made to leave the stadium. And what if you hurt another fan/child/ disabled person going to the loo or tom get a drink in your rush to get on the pitch when the game is in play.

I will be warning my kids to stay seated when the game ends as one is tiny for his age and would get hurt in the surge then i will take them down !!! And on to the pitch ...

So please just wait until the final whistle goes !!!

I was on the pitch for the 7th goal and the end. I only went on during the seventh as I was jealous that my older wiser pal was over the wall for the sixth. On Saturday I can contain myself till the end. As soon as that whistle blows im on that pitch to get G Munros top he promised me at Ayr :lol: