FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch Invasion Repercussions

Kyisback

Im usually in the same ballpark but on this one im not. My points in this thread were highlighting that some people, perhaps the younger fans, could find themselves falling foul of the long arm of the law. MorayJaggie, a policeofficer, was informing me and many others, of what could happen regarding the law, and I was under the assumption that this thread, which by the way contains the satement from the club about saturday, was an important discussion about the issues surrounding on pitch merits or demerits. I would quite like to continue on this thread, as I do think it will help some who are perhaps unaware of the clubs position, the laws position, and the opinions for and against, to gain some valubale information.

I dont appreciate that I should 'get a life ffs' or that 'boring old farts' was a barrier to posting. Im not trying to be facetious, but I am trying to use this forum, and there has been very minimal off-topic infighting as far as I can see.

I think that the ins and outs are that there is still a little confusion over what is and isnt acceptable. As far as I am aware it seems there will be a 5 minute window of people going onto the pitch after the whistle, before returning to seats for the presentation. Is that correct?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is again. I think you appear to have got the gist of it. Nothing about five minutes though.

If it is similar to the St Johnstone celebrations then we will be allowed on the pitch at the end only, and then clear the pitch to allow for official trophy presentation and all that goes with it.

"We request that our fans do not attempt to enter the playing area during Saturdays match. If this happens it will almost certainly result in action being taken against the Club, and we assume that nobody would want this to happen.

We do not wish to curtail Saturdays fun for any of our fans so we ask that you all adhere to this request and there will be plenty of time and opportunity to party post match.

Prior to the presentation of the trophy, and for Health & Safety reasons, we will require the pitch area to be clear to allow the players, management team and presentation party coming out on to the playing area to carry out the formal part of the celebrations.

There will be numerous tannoy announcements on Saturday to explain what will be happening throughout the afternoon and we ask that these announcements are listened to and followed so we can all have a very enjoyable day and allow everybody to savour the moment of our historic return to SPL football."

I read that as keep off the pitch until the end, then enter the park to congratulate everybody, in an orderly manner, then leave the pitch when asked to watch the presentations then enjoy. If anyone can not understand how to behave then please ask a steward.

enjoy

"btw sorry if you being grammatically challenged makes you feel so insecure but you could always go back to school :lol: "

:blink: ??? Pot, kettle and black spring to mind. The rest? Can't be bothered

Apology accepted.

Whatever floats your boat.

If nothing else, you've sorted your grammar. So something good came out of it all. :)

maybe we could have a tannoy announcement asking those offended by guys in all over black body suits, tricolours , bad grammar on football forums, pitch invasions, surprise entertainment and scenes of jubilation to please exit the stadium for the duration of the offending actions??