FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch Invasion Repercussions

Kyisback

Kinda wonder if I am older than any one else posting on this forum....but I am absolutely horrified at those who try to justify exposing ICT to fines they may well struggle to afford just so that certain elements within the club who claim to be supporters can indulge themselves by deliberately putting ICT in the position of possibly having to find the wherewithal to compensate for their ignorant, eejit fans.

I honestly do not believe[/i] the absolute self-serving crap I have read on this thread, and others, which seem to insinuate that what the fans want is much more important than what the SFA/SFL/SPL rules dictate.

Enter the real world, people....there are rules......and you cannot start from the premise that ICT is above those rules...because they are most definitely not....unless you are happy to accept that ICT will have to pay for indulging the arrogance and ignorance of elements within their support, who think that they are above the rules as laid down.

What the intelligent person does not do is be stupid and try to justify that stupidity after the event....the intelligent person considers the possible consequences and does not do what may well attract consequences for the football club they profess to support.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda wonder if I am older than any one else posting on this forum....but I am absolutely horrified at those who try to justify exposing ICT to fines they may well struggle to afford just so that certain elements within the club who claim to be supporters can indulge themselves by deliberately putting ICT in the position of possibly having to find the wherewithal to compensate for their ignorant, eejit fans.

I honestly do not believe[/i] the absolute self-serving crap I have read on this thread, and others, which seem to insinuate that what the fans want is much more important than what the SFA/SFL/SPL rules dictate.

Enter the real world, people....there are rules......and you cannot start from the premise that ICT is above those rules...because they are most definitely not....unless you are happy to accept that ICT will have to pay for indulging the arrogance and ignorance of elements within their support, who think that they are above the rules as laid down.

What the intelligent person does not do is be stupid and try to justify that stupidity after the event....the intelligent person considers the possible consequences and does not do what may well attract consequences for the football club they profess to support.

Have you actually read the thread? Nobody is trying to justify exposing ICT to fines and most are happy enough to accept the advice/warnings that have been given.

People have questioned why the club would be fined and some have disagreed with the rules, but nobody is saying "stuff it, let's do it anyway", in fact, I've not seen any suggestions that people intend/ed to enter on to the pitch during the game....which is what you might think has been said reading your post.

Furthermore, calling people eejits, ignorant, arrogant, lacking in intelligence, stupid etc serves no useful purpose and will only antagonise a situation which doesn't need any stirring up.

Have you actually read the thread? Nobody is trying to justify exposing ICT to fines and most are happy enough to accept the advice/warnings that have been given.

People have questioned why the club would be fined and some have disagreed with the rules, but nobody is saying "stuff it, let's do it anyway", in fact, I've not seen any suggestions that people intend/ed to enter on to the pitch during the game....which is what you might think has been said reading your post.

Furthermore, calling people eejits, ignorant, arrogant, lacking in intelligence, stupid etc serves no useful purpose and will only antagonise a situation which doesn't need any stirring up.

I have read all the threads appertaining to the Ayr game, from the match thread at the time of the match, where there were posts thrilled at the pitch invasions, to every other one since....and have been horrified at the level of uncaring which many "fans" have shown regarding the possible consequences to the club they profess to love.

I'm not able to attend many games because of distance/cost..........but I am well aware of the rules regarding pitch invasion....and would never jeapordise my club's finances to allow me a momentary thrill just because I could.

I have not called every ICT supporter eejits, ignorant, arrogant, lacking in intelligence, stupid etc...just those who were terminally stupid enough to prance onto the field at Ayr during the game after the goals....just because they thought they did not have to consider the reputation of, or the consequences to, the club.

Strikes me those who did invade the pitch at Ayr and have posted on this thread, notwithstanding their posts on other threads, are not agreeing because they think that they did anything wrong at Ayr..but because they are aware that ICT Stewards may well spoil their fun, and make them miss the trophy hand over, if they did the same again.

See, imo,........you don't say you won't do what is against the rules because that might make you miss some of the fun on the last day........you should be obeying the rules because they are the rules, and have been for as long as I can remember.

Never have, and never will, understand the mentality which thinks that rules apply to anybody but us....and are only to be obeyed if they affect us as individuals, rather than the club as a whole.

I have read all the threads appertaining to the Ayr game, from the match thread at the time of the match, where there were posts thrilled at the pitch invasions, to every other one since....and have been horrified at the level of uncaring which many "fans" have shown regarding the possible consequences to the club they profess to love.

I'm not able to attend many games because of distance/cost..........but I am well aware of the rules regarding pitch invasion....and would never jeapordise my club's finances to allow me a momentary thrill just because I could.

I have not called every ICT supporter eejits, ignorant, arrogant, lacking in intelligence, stupid etc...just those who were terminally stupid enough to prance onto the field at Ayr during the game after the goals....just because they thought they did not have to consider the reputation of, or the consequences to, the club.

Strikes me those who did invade the pitch at Ayr and have posted on this thread, notwithstanding their posts on other threads, are not agreeing because they think that they did anything wrong at Ayr..but because they are aware that ICT Stewards may well spoil their fun, and make them miss the trophy hand over, if they did the same again.

See, imo,........you don't say you won't do what is against the rules because that might make you miss some of the fun on the last day........you should be obeying the rules because they are the rules, and have been for as long as I can remember.

Never have, and never will, understand the mentality which thinks that rules apply to anybody but us....and are only to be obeyed if they affect us as individuals, rather than the club as a whole.

bet you're a 5hit dad

bet you're a 5hit dad

That's a really well thought out and intellectual response Mr Chibber!

Well.. since quine is east coast for girl, it may be that he would not be a bad dad but a bad mam?

Anyway thats by the by, if thee is going to be any repercussions from last week the club had better announce that we should not invade the pitch this saturday and have enough stewards available to prevent it.

Well.. since quine is east coast for girl, it may be that he would not be a bad dad but a bad mam?

Anyway thats by the by, if thee is going to be any repercussions from last week the club had better announce that we should not invade the pitch this saturday and have enough stewards available to prevent it.

I understand that there have been announcements on MFR (and do the club not "announce" the rule on pitch invasions on the back of the tickets?).

How many stewards do you suggest? People know the rules and should be respectful enough, and supportive enough of their club, to comply with them.

bet you're a 5hit dad

That's a really well thought out and intellectual response Mr Chibber!

That's all his rant deserves.

If he/she was such an intellectual he/she/it wouldn't be coming on an internet forum throwing round insults when it wasn't at the game to witness the situation and emotions that were experienced.

There is an exeption to every rule.

Those who did go on the pitch were only spurred on to do so by the players rushing towards the fans (not blaming either eagle or morrision because they deserve to celebrate). They were not sitting quietly and then had the idea that they could get the club a fine if they ran on the pitch. Right it shouldnt have happened but its entirely unfair to suggest those fans (and not so-called supporters, anyone who likes ICT is a fan!!!) entered the pitch just to cause the club problems. It was a spur on the moment thing and sorry you lying if you have never done anything in your life in the spur of the moment without thinking of the consequences. As you say your an older supporter how can you honestly say you wouldnt have done the same thing when you were their age. Doesnt stop the fact, people shouldnt be on the pitch during the game and I think people know this and wont do the same at dundee. Those who do try and go on the pitch I feel sorry for because they will have been caught up in the excitement of the day and it will end it possibly serious punishment for them. WE ARE FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS. LET'S JUST ENJOY OUR DAY B)

This post sounds as if you're threatening the club. That it will be their own fault if we as fans invade the pitch because you as a club didn't tell us not to or have enough stewards to stop us. We all know it is not acceptable to invade the pitch during the match. Last week happened, it's done. Hopefully nothing will come of it but if it does, hey, such is life. We just need to ensure that it doesn't happen again DURING this match. We all know if it does ICT will be hit hard, so as we are all fans of the club and want whats best for the club we will all refrain from being silly and wait until after the match before we feel the need to play silly b0ll0cks on the pitch. Having said that, some brain of Britain candidate will undoubtedly try to get his face in the paper by attempting to relieve Rooney of his shirt after he scores the winner. :cheer01:

club comment posted further up and they made it clear that pitch invasion was not wanted this week as there would be consequences. end of debate as far as I am concerned.

ohhh ... and lets tone down the one or two personal tiffs that are starting ... we should be celebrating not bitching.

Can't believe we're no allowed on the pitch :cheer01:

Other clubs were allowed to so why not us? Plus Butcher said we could last week.

I was speaking to someone from the redcross and they were all ready for a pitch invasion

But there's nothing we can do now

Other clubs were allowed to so why not us? Plus Butcher said we could last week.

I was speaking to someone from the redcross and they were all ready for a pitch invasion

They've only said that you can't come on during the game, and also that you need to get off the pitch before they will present the trophy.

I'm sure you are a very sensible young lady in reality but that post makes you sound like a 10 year old who has just been told she can't go to the park. "my brother can so why can't I? Mom said we could last week" and of course the now famous "it's not fair". Surely you can enjoy the occasion without the need to run around on the pitch? A lot of posters seem to think they are being treated unfairly because they can't invade the pitch. It is not permitted, it has never been and never will be permitted because people can get hurt. Wether it be a fan or a player. ICT don't want a star player getting hurt and missing games just as they don't want law suits due to a fan getting hurt and then complaining that it was ICT's fault for not ensuring their safety. Enjoy the day but do it sensibly. Simples. :lol:

I'm sure you are a very sensible young lady in reality but that post makes you sound like a 10 year old who has just been told she can't go to the park. "my brother can so why can't I? Mom said we could last week" and of course the now famous "it's not fair". Surely you can enjoy the occasion without the need to run around on the pitch? A lot of posters seem to think they are being treated unfairly because they can't invade the pitch. It is not permitted, it has never been and never will be permitted because people can get hurt. Wether it be a fan or a player. ICT don't want a star player getting hurt and missing games just as they don't want law suits due to a fan getting hurt and then complaining that it was ICT's fault for not ensuring their safety. Enjoy the day but do it sensibly. Simples. :lol:

Getting on the pitch at full time is what everyone wants to do. A chance to run about daft with excitement that ICT are back in the SPL. You get a special feeling when your on your clubs pitch and although it isn't brought on i regard it as an unwritten rule that you HAVE to invade the pitch at the end of the season if your team has won the league.

Hardly a threat mate... an annoucement to remind fans not to invade the pitch DURING the game, when the game is over is a different thing all together.

I was on the pitch with everybody else at Ayr... after the game had finished, its when fans invade the pitch and disrupt the game that has serious implications for the club.

The fans hardly interrupted the game on saturday, they were all back over the fence in 30 secs, and im sure the stewards never worried for one second.

I'm sure you are a very sensible young lady in reality but that post makes you sound like a 10 year old who has just been told she can't go to the park. "my brother can so why can't I? Mom said we could last week" and of course the now famous "it's not fair". Surely you can enjoy the occasion without the need to run around on the pitch? A lot of posters seem to think they are being treated unfairly because they can't invade the pitch. It is not permitted, it has never been and never will be permitted because people can get hurt. Wether it be a fan or a player. ICT don't want a star player getting hurt and missing games just as they don't want law suits due to a fan getting hurt and then complaining that it was ICT's fault for not ensuring their safety. Enjoy the day but do it sensibly. Simples. :022:

Getting on the pitch at full time is what everyone wants to do. A chance to run about daft with excitement that ICT are back in the SPL. You get a special feeling when your on your clubs pitch and although it isn't brought on i regard it as an unwritten rule that you HAVE to invade the pitch at the end of the season if your team has won the league.

I'm obviously just too old have these urges. I get excited by the fact we are in the SPL, (even though I prefer the 1st division) but I manage to control my primal urges and stay off the pitch. Hey, maybe on Saturday I'll really let myself go and buy a bag of wine gums. :lol: